d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Watchmen Hbo > Tv Show
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 25 2020 01:23am
Quote (pwb3 @ Jan 24 2020 11:17pm)
GODDAMN! :rofl: It's so crystal clear your little attack on my comment about the witcher came straight outta your ass in your pathetic attempt to insult me :rofl:

Have YOU ever once said something that wasn't stupid on here?

You're joking right? Myself and at least a dozen friends of mine have seen the show and not a single one of them was ever "confused" by the way the story was told. I mean, it's not difficult to tell that you're a dumb dumb from your posts, but that shit made it crystal clear.

E: I mean shit, the best insults you can muster are copying someone else and repeating the same *attack* about a well received show. Holy fucking short bus alert if ya know what I mean.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 25 2020 01:25am
Gold: 3,051.00
Jan 25 2020 08:49am
Calm down fellas... watchmen sucked. Movie was boring and the show was stupid and boring. Kinda happy there won’t be another season
Jan 25 2020 05:17pm
Quote (BloodLust911 @ Jan 25 2020 06:49am)
Calm down fellas... watchmen sucked. Movie was boring and the show was stupid and boring. Kinda happy there won’t be another season

I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They had said from the beginning that if there was a second season, it would be another closed story. I personally prefer this new style of starting and finishing a story within a single season. True Detective, Fargo, Goliath, and now Watchmen have done a fantastic job of this. The simple act of creating a real beginning, middle and end to tell a story, versus selling a hook and milking it to death to make money (as all network shows do), makes watchmen immediately better imo.

Out of curiosity, why did you watch the show if you hated the movie, and what didn't you like about them? Most of the major complaints I've heard have been from people who fail miserably at differentiating reality from a work of fiction. I'm not saying that's why you disliked it, or anything like that, but I'm always interested in hearing differing takes on shows I've watched, especially if it's one I haven't heard before.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 25 2020 05:24pm
Jan 25 2020 07:11pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 25 2020 06:17pm)
I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They had said from the beginning that if there was a second season, it would be another closed story. I personally prefer this new style of starting and finishing a story within a single season. True Detective, Fargo, Goliath, and now Watchmen have done a fantastic job of this. The simple act of creating a real beginning, middle and end to tell a story, versus selling a hook and milking it to death to make money (as all network shows do), makes watchmen immediately better imo.

Out of curiosity, why did you watch the show if you hated the movie, and what didn't you like about them? Most of the major complaints I've heard have been from people who fail miserably at differentiating reality from a work of fiction. I'm not saying that's why you disliked it, or anything like that, but I'm always interested in hearing differing takes on shows I've watched, especially if it's one I haven't heard before.

I had super high hopes it’d be better than the movie since HBO has a lotta good shows. Playing the race card yhroughout the show was retarded liberal bullshit. The action felt forced. The dialogue was usually pretty bad. Everything that happened was obvious down to the last second. I can’t start something and not finish it, but i almost did with this
Jan 25 2020 07:33pm
Quote (BloodLust911 @ Jan 25 2020 05:11pm)
I had super high hopes it’d be better than the movie since HBO has a lotta good shows. Playing the race card yhroughout the show was retarded liberal bullshit. The action felt forced. The dialogue was usually pretty bad. Everything that happened was obvious down to the last second. I can’t start something and not finish it, but i almost did with this

Race card? It was a fictional scenario where black people were handed lots of money in the south because of injustices (a real one btw) that happened in the past. If you honestly can't make the jump to how that might cause problems, I just feel bad for you.

I disagree with you regarding the dialogue and action sequences, but to each their own. A few towards the end felt kinda forced, but up until the last episode or maybe two, I'd have to disagree.

Again though, why would you be excited, or why would you watch it, it you hated the movie? Neither of these things make sense and the movie was incredibly faithful to the source material, so I'm still not sure why people are pissed for getting exactly what any fan hoped for.
Jan 25 2020 07:44pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 25 2020 08:33pm)
Race card? It was a fictional scenario where black people were handed lots of money in the south because of injustices (a real one btw) that happened in the past. If you honestly can't make the jump to how that might cause problems, I just feel bad for you.

I disagree with you regarding the dialogue and action sequences, but to each their own. A few towards the end felt kinda forced, but up until the last episode or maybe two, I'd have to disagree.

Again though, why would you be excited, or why would you watch it, it you hated the movie? Neither of these things make sense and the movie was incredibly faithful to the source material, so I'm still not sure why people are pissed for getting exactly what any fan hoped for.

HBO has a lotta good shows...
Jan 25 2020 07:54pm
Quote (BloodLust911 @ Jan 25 2020 05:44pm)
HBO has a lotta good shows...

Right..., but that's like hating superman and then getting super hyped for an HBO superman show. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense lol.
Jan 25 2020 08:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 25 2020 08:54pm)
Right..., but that's like hating superman and then getting super hyped for an HBO superman show. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense lol.

The comic is really good?
Jan 25 2020 08:25pm
Quote (BloodLust911 @ Jan 25 2020 06:08pm)
The comic is really good?

The comic was "incredibly faithful" to the source material, which I already stated, so I again am wondering why you would be hyped and then upset about a show based on the same material

I am also still curious to know where/how you believe the show was filled with the "race card". That line of reasoning, is fairly close to what I was referring to when I spoke of people being unable to differentiate reality from fiction. If you can't make the logical jump, which is totally fine, you still could suspend your notion of liberalism, or whatever else is irritating you, when viewing and discussing a show with literal superheros.
Jan 25 2020 09:00pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 25 2020 09:25pm)
The comic was "incredibly faithful" to the source material, which I already stated, so I again am wondering why you would be hyped and then upset about a show based on the same material

I am also still curious to know where/how you believe the show was filled with the "race card". That line of reasoning, is fairly close to what I was referring to when I spoke of people being unable to differentiate reality from fiction. If you can't make the logical jump, which is totally fine, you still could suspend your notion of liberalism, or whatever else is irritating you, when viewing and discussing a show with literal superheros.

Wtf is your problem?

I feel like you’re tryin to get me to say it’s also gayer than a twink in a rainbow romper, and it is. It’s totally possible too to be faithful to source material and still suck

This post was edited by BloodLust911 on Jan 25 2020 09:05pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll