d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > List Of Og Xbox Games Coming > Backwards Compatible
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 13 2018 02:31pm
Quote (Danno_omen @ Apr 12 2018 11:22am)
Considering my original comment to you was essentially agreeing that they aren't killing it, but still doing good things to help change the narrative I guess I don't know what to tell you. You're entire argument to me was that PlayStation has had PS now forever, which your not wrong they have but is completely different from what Xbox is doing. Can I play PlayStation exclusives on day 1 through PlayStation now? Don't think so. I can with gamepass. If I don't wanna pay the $10 or whatever ps now costs these days can I play PS3 or ps2 games on it? Didn't think so. Your saying Microsoft is greedy for giving things like that even though it's literally free compared to having to pay for it on PlayStation. If I own the 360 game I can play it. No fee no nothing.

If Microsoft can manage to get back to making exclusives then they would become the better console. The games are the most important thing to most, and as nice as things like backwards compatibility and gamepass are, even though i don't subscribe to it and rarely use backwards comp, I'd still rather have god of war and uncharted type games coming exclusively to Xbox. I have the better xonsokebfromma technical standpoint, and as much as I enjoy all the third party games on it, they have no chance of catching up and gaining momentum for next gen until they get the exclusives. Sea of thieves is a very unique game that is a ton of fun with friends and I'm sure ststebof decay next month will be the same way. But compared To things like god of war and horizon, they fall way behind still.

I say it's greedy because the reasoning behind it is making more money, not to make fans happy. Sure, you can pop in your old games, but MS knows that the majority of gamers get rid of a lot of their old stuff, and it gets people spending money or downloading the online versions for uber popular games that they make available. I do think it's awesome that they finally have made it so you can pop in old discs and play them. They're the only console of this gen that allows this feature, and while it was laughably limited at first, they've now included enough games for it to be considered pretty cool. It's a cool thing, but once again, it's something fans wanted from the start and it's something they could have given us if they actually gave a shit about what we wanted. MS is just as bad as Sony on this one, but I've made it pretty clear that I think both Sony+MS have shit the bed on this round of consoles. Sony offers most the old-school games that people want to play with Now, but it's bullshit that you have to pay for. Disc backwards compatibility is great, but I remember looking at it when they first starting doing it and of the library I had at the time (which was pretty big), I couldn't play a single game actually worth playing. This has changed now and they've got some good stuff out, but if the software works how they claim it does, they should be able to make every single game compatible with minimal effort.

The only selling point of GP is the first day exclusives, but this isn't a selling point until Xbox starts putting out exclusives that are actually worth playing. They've gotten murdered in that department on this gen and nothing I've seen makes me think this is going to be changing anytime soon. I already said a few posts ago that my definition of "killing it" would be Xbox putting out games that are fucking awesome. If they start doing that, then ya, Gamepass becomes a pretty cool thing, but until then, it's just a shitty version of PS Now due to the limited content it offers in comparison. I love Xbox and I always will. My best memories ever of gaming with friends are from my Halo1/2/3 days on split-screen with friends and I've put countless hours playing just a ridiculous amount of random games on the Xbox. I want them to do well, I want them to be killing it, but I'm not going to start praising them for pushing out something they should have given us in the first place, and for implementing a subscription service that could potentially be :drool: , but isn't really shit at the moment.

At least you're reasonable to talk with and not another belligerent fanboy raging at me because I'm not bowing to MS for the few small steps in the right direction they've made. I am glad to see them making steps in the right direction, but it's nothing to get too excited for. Tempered expectations for a company who's mostly let us down for half a decade is the appropriate way to handle things like this.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 13 2018 02:42pm
Gold: 394.00
Apr 14 2018 07:44am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 13 2018 04:31pm)
I say it's greedy because the reasoning behind it is making more money, not to make fans happy. Sure, you can pop in your old games, but MS knows that the majority of gamers get rid of a lot of their old stuff, and it gets people spending money or downloading the online versions for uber popular games that they make available. I do think it's awesome that they finally have made it so you can pop in old discs and play them. They're the only console of this gen that allows this feature, and while it was laughably limited at first, they've now included enough games for it to be considered pretty cool. It's a cool thing, but once again, it's something fans wanted from the start and it's something they could have given us if they actually gave a shit about what we wanted. MS is just as bad as Sony on this one, but I've made it pretty clear that I think both Sony+MS have shit the bed on this round of consoles. Sony offers most the old-school games that people want to play with Now, but it's bullshit that you have to pay for. Disc backwards compatibility is great, but I remember looking at it when they first starting doing it and of the library I had at the time (which was pretty big), I couldn't play a single game actually worth playing. This has changed now and they've got some good stuff out, but if the software works how they claim it does, they should be able to make every single game compatible with minimal effort.

The only selling point of GP is the first day exclusives, but this isn't a selling point until Xbox starts putting out exclusives that are actually worth playing. They've gotten murdered in that department on this gen and nothing I've seen makes me think this is going to be changing anytime soon. I already said a few posts ago that my definition of "killing it" would be Xbox putting out games that are fucking awesome. If they start doing that, then ya, Gamepass becomes a pretty cool thing, but until then, it's just a shitty version of PS Now due to the limited content it offers in comparison. I love Xbox and I always will. My best memories ever of gaming with friends are from my Halo1/2/3 days on split-screen with friends and I've put countless hours playing just a ridiculous amount of random games on the Xbox. I want them to do well, I want them to be killing it, but I'm not going to start praising them for pushing out something they should have given us in the first place, and for implementing a subscription service that could potentially be :drool: , but isn't really shit at the moment.

At least you're reasonable to talk with and not another belligerent fanboy raging at me because I'm not bowing to MS for the few small steps in the right direction they've made. I am glad to see them making steps in the right direction, but it's nothing to get too excited for. Tempered expectations for a company who's mostly let us down for half a decade is the appropriate way to handle things like this.

Xbox gave the father of BC fairly early in this gen, but they have minimal control over what games become BC. That is up to the publishers. If EA doesn't want the saboteur to be BC then MS can't control that.

As for how MS fairs I actually made this point in another conversation. The One is microsofts third console compared to the 4th PlayStation generation. Sony has an extra 5-6 years of experience. And if you look at how both console companies fared along the generation they have very similar timelines.

Ps1=great intro
Ps2=incredibly successful
Ps3=stumble with momentum picked up near the end of the gen
PS4=return to being very successful

The Xbox has the same path in a lot of ways, the OG Xbox was a great start, the 360 was a huge success and now the One has been a stumbling block but the last 6 months or so has been gaining some momentum. On this path that would make next gen there make or break with history suggesting it can do well. The rest of this gen should be about momentum and adding IPs so that next gen can be a smash success for games
Gold: 394.00
Apr 14 2018 07:45am
Double post my bad

This post was edited by Danno_omen on Apr 14 2018 07:46am
Gold: 0.01
Apr 14 2018 08:06am
Fucking finally kotor 2
Gold: 91,679.46
Apr 14 2018 11:33am
I just wanna play games and this announcement made me nostalgic. Sorry if I offended anyone with the term "killing it".
Gold: 21,406.00
Apr 15 2018 01:04am
I really want to play crimson skies, and the original fable again. Does anyone have any games they would like to see from the og Xbox?
Apr 15 2018 01:50am
Quote (LoRFate @ Apr 15 2018 03:04am)
I really want to play crimson skies, and the original fable again. Does anyone have any games they would like to see from the og Xbox?

Morrowind would give me a boner

I need to read better, looks like it's in the list.

Fuck I'm stoked

This post was edited by Ruthless187g on Apr 15 2018 01:51am
Gold: 548.38
Apr 15 2018 05:13am
i like that... its really oldschool ^^
Apr 17 2018 07:25pm
Is anyone else able to dl these? Not seeing any in the store
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 18 2018 12:06pm
Quote (Ruthless187g @ Apr 17 2018 05:25pm)
Is anyone else able to dl these? Not seeing any in the store

Gotta have the actual disc.

Tried a couple of them, but it's still SUPER limited. My xbox collection is long gone, or in a box somewhere, but I went through my brothers, and only 3 games out of 60 were playable. There are a few titles that haven't made the switch, and it's got me scratching my head.

Out of the most recent batch of games, the ones below are the ones I might be interested in playing.

Conker: Live & Reloaded - I only got to play this once over at a buddies house, so I don't want to comment on it since I just don't know how great, mediocre or bad it is, but I remember it being a pretty fun/cool game the one time I played.
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - best Elder Scroll game imo
Star Wars Battlefront - Great, but what made it so great was the multiplayer
Star Wars Battlefront II - Same as above
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - Both of these are great games, but II is significantly worse than the first one, and it doesn't make much sense to do them separately, or to do #2 before #1.

Morrowind+KotoR are the only ones I care about that much, and KotoR II is really not that great of a game when compared to its predecessor. I LOVED BF1+2, but it was a multiplayer game and the whole point of it was playing with/against friends (or online) and stomping them. Shit was just amazing. Without that component, it's not something I could see myself playing for more than an hour or two for some feels.

I wish they'd put the RE games on for us.
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll