d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Accountants: Anyone Use Caseware, Qb, Sage?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 125.00
Apr 8 2018 05:11pm
Wondering if there's any 3rd party software that aids in exports/imports.

One specific thing I am looking for right now is something to help with account #'s & mapping on import. Client sends us QB file for 2017, we already did their 2016 and 2015 and so on. We've already set up mapping in Caseware. We import into Caseware this year, now we have double the accounts. We have to manually renumber everything again.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 11 2018 01:27pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Apr 8 2018 07:11pm)
Wondering if there's any 3rd party software that aids in exports/imports.

One specific thing I am looking for right now is something to help with account #'s & mapping on import. Client sends us QB file for 2017, we already did their 2016 and 2015 and so on. We've already set up mapping in Caseware. We import into Caseware this year, now we have double the accounts. We have to manually renumber everything again.

Qb is auful. In my years I haven't found a solution to this. I won't be I work for a while but I use formulas in excel.

Like left or find x and return everything after that.

This separates account number from description.

It's still miserable depending on how the clients chart of accounts is set up. For isntance some use 5000 for all of cogs but I'm the same line it's like 5000---materials 5010.

If you ever find a way other than excel formulas let me know.

If the client used the same account description as last year you could also use an IF formula probably.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 11 2018 01:28pm
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll