d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Megalo Box
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 29.00
Apr 19 2018 01:43pm
that luck.
not only does pops burn out his old gear but the prototype gear just crumbles apart too.
wonder what they'll throw together.

This post was edited by Dragonox on Apr 19 2018 01:44pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 12 2018 01:33pm
Bump this masterpiece. Shit keeps getting better and better.

Quote (Dragonox @ Apr 19 2018 12:43pm)
that luck.
not only does pops burn out his old gear but the prototype gear just crumbles apart too.
wonder what they'll throw together.

Gearless Joe brah.

They can't go gearless the whole way though right? Once he makes it into Megalonia he's gotta fucking wear gear... shit would be absurd otherwise. 100% he'll either win, or he'll beat the hell out of the undisputed best fighter ever and lose on decision but it'll still cement Joe as the best or one of the best ever. I'm actually leaning towards the Rocky ending where they'll have him lose on decision.

Just seems like it'd be really stupid to have this unknown guy who already got his ass handed to him by the champ while wearing gear, come back and beat everyone without it, proving that he's literally 100x better than any other fighter. Just would feel lame. Hopefully he gets some crazy sponsor and they give him some high-end futuristic crazy gear like Yuri has.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 12 2018 01:39pm
Banned
Gold: 3.69
May 12 2018 02:03pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 12 2018 03:33pm)

Gearless Joe brah.

They can't go gearless the whole way though right? Once he makes it into Megalonia he's gotta fucking wear gear... shit would be absurd otherwise. 100% he'll either win, or he'll beat the hell out of the undisputed best fighter ever and lose on decision but it'll still cement Joe as the best or one of the best ever. I'm actually leaning towards the Rocky ending where they'll have him lose on decision.

Just seems like it'd be really stupid to have this unknown guy who already got his ass handed to him by the champ while wearing gear, come back and beat everyone without it, proving that he's literally 100x better than any other fighter. Just would feel lame. Hopefully he gets some crazy sponsor and they give him some high-end futuristic crazy gear like Yuri has.

Jc
Gold: 29.00
May 12 2018 02:45pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 12 2018 01:33pm)

Gearless Joe brah.

yeah, that was pop's plan since they needed a hook to get into Megalonia and going gearless was a good tagline for attention to reel in those fights.
believe the plan was to get a gear once he got into Megalonia. (i can see him getting one of the body integrated ones like Yuri uses)

from my understanding this could end up on a sad note even.
like with Ashita no Joe, same creator after all (also just so happens to be called Joe too.)

This post was edited by Dragonox on May 12 2018 02:46pm
May 13 2018 06:55pm
Quote (Dragonox @ May 12 2018 01:45pm)
yeah, that was pop's plan since they needed a hook to get into Megalonia and going gearless was a good tagline for attention to reel in those fights.
believe the plan was to get a gear once he got into Megalonia. (i can see him getting one of the body integrated ones like Yuri uses)

from my understanding this could end up on a sad note even.
like with Ashita no Joe, same creator after all (also just so happens to be called Joe too.)

Not much of a manga guy, I hardly have the time to watch shows these days, yet alone read manga. Please no spoilers, but a sad ending would almost be preferred. I'm so rarely surprised when it comes to any form of entertainment and a sad ending on this would be the opposite of what I had guessed. Losing but still making a name for himself as one of the best wouldn't be enough for Joe ofc, but that wouldn't be a sad ending. Honestly, with the exception of him being crippled, or the mob fucking up him and his trainer, I don't see how they could go sad with it, but I'm excited to find out :).
Gold: Locked
May 13 2018 07:01pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 13 2018 07:55pm)
Not much of a manga guy, I hardly have the time to watch shows these days, yet alone read manga. Please no spoilers, but a sad ending would almost be preferred. I'm so rarely surprised when it comes to any form of entertainment and a sad ending on this would be the opposite of what I had guessed. Losing but still making a name for himself as one of the best wouldn't be enough for Joe ofc, but that wouldn't be a sad ending. Honestly, with the exception of him being crippled, or the mob fucking up him and his trainer, I don't see how they could go sad with it, but I'm excited to find out :).

Did you try One Outs? it's Death Note-ish and about sports
May 13 2018 08:32pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ May 13 2018 06:01pm)
Did you try One Outs? it's Death Note-ish and about sports

I don't see how those two things could possibly work together....

I'll check it out? I've never gotten sucked into a sports anime, this is literally the first one I've watched and then noticed myself twitching with anticipating for what will happen next.
Gold: 2.70
May 14 2018 12:44pm
just started watching last night

got hooked from the first ep....

when he fought yuri... if yuri didnt block that with his right, he would have been laid the fuck out

This post was edited by Warlock316 on May 14 2018 12:46pm
Gold: 95.00
May 15 2018 10:57pm
I watched like 5 episodes trying to get into it but the longer I watch the less I can stand it.
May 16 2018 12:21pm
Quote (Vicc @ May 15 2018 09:57pm)
I watched like 5 episodes trying to get into it but the longer I watch the less I can stand it.

No show is going to resonate with everyone, but I thought this one would reach almost everyone with how brilliant it is. Is there a particular reason you've been able to pinpoint for why you don't enjoy it? Sorry it didn't do anything for you.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 16 2018 12:22pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll