d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Work Relationship? > Need Advice
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 634.20
Mar 28 2018 06:22pm
Hello all - looking for advice on how to get a work relationship going.

Background info - we are both in professional office setting type jobs. She actually works for a vendor of my company and we buy services from her company.
There are work rules around this and to save time ill assume that is pretty standard and everyone knows what they might be.

So she has visited my office several times in the past 3 months and always stops to talk to me for an excessive amount of time 30 minutes + (she only talks to others for a minute or two)
She also emails me often but not on a daily basis and sometimes goes a while without doing so. The emails are semi professional but we do talk about personal things and she always leaves them open ended to keep the talking going.
When the emails turn more personal, ex after 20 back and forth in a day she tends to not respond at that point.
She has asked me if I am doing anything over the weekend before and hinted that she is not busy. Most recently I discussed an activity and she invited me to do this with her, but "in a group setting"

This time around she made sure to tell me she was coming to the office and looking forward to seeing me (which will be in a few days). A note of importance is that she is very fit and very attractive, all of the guys talk about her. This also lets me know she does not converse with anyone else at my company like she does me. We do seem to have a great deal of things in common.

So my questions guys - any thoughts in general on this situation?
Is she avoiding through the emails an exchange of phone numbers due to work factors? How about the group thing - is that worded for work purposes?
The value of me using the service is very low dollar wise - perhaps only 20-30$ in her pocket when I use it (maybe a weekly or less than that occurrence). Is she doing this to build a professional type relationship?

and the final thing - could there really be anything there or am I just being a guy lol

This post was edited by AntiMatter5 on Mar 28 2018 06:23pm
Gold: 1,495.80
Mar 28 2018 06:31pm
Hmmm can't tell if she likes you or not tbh
Personally I'd just keep it work related to not make things awkward
Gold: 413.69
Mar 28 2018 07:32pm
You are a guy. You are expected to ask girls out. Girls expect to get asked out. She wont be offended if you ask. You just do it. If she says yes, great. If she says no, move on. Ive asked girls out, got shot down, and we still got along great. Dont look for signals and guess, just go for what you want. You want her, ask her out.
Mar 28 2018 07:37pm
“Hey, i wanted to ask you out. Are you up to meet saturday, get something to eat, go for a walk together?”
Mar 28 2018 07:39pm
Ive used that approach on a girl i just met and gotten hooked up. Not hard. Really isnt.
Gold: 634.20
Mar 28 2018 10:06pm
Quote (Kuggergug @ Mar 28 2018 09:32pm)
You are a guy. You are expected to ask girls out. Girls expect to get asked out. She wont be offended if you ask. You just do it. If she says yes, great. If she says no, move on. Ive asked girls out, got shot down, and we still got along great. Dont look for signals and guess, just go for what you want. You want her, ask her out.

I have to be honest and say that normally I would not look into this. I am pretty much a guy who both knows and gets what he wants. however I have a very high paying job and this one could put me in danger - i do have control over spending company money on her services and that puts money in her pocket. you may have overlooked that. Basically if this were anywhere else, I would be trying to hang out already. Since it is work i normally use that saying "dont shit where you eat". Except this one has about 1000 things in common with me so far and happens to be one of the hottest women I have ever seen.

I just want to be sure before I go down the path- in the me too generation - at work, with my high paying job.

are the signals a work/professional thing or does it appear to be genuine interest?

This post was edited by AntiMatter5 on Mar 28 2018 10:08pm
Gold: 93,515.00
Apr 7 2018 05:16pm
Ask her if she’d like to grab some coffee sometime and talk about potential business opportunities. I’m not sure what you do exactly but it would prob be a first step. If she’s been in your head for quite some time I wouldn’t just walk away because then your going to regret it every day.
Gold: 82,145.49
Apr 7 2018 05:19pm
Quote (AntiMatter5 @ 29 Mar 2018 10:22)
Hello all - looking for advice on how to get a work relationship going.

Background info - we are both in professional office setting type jobs. She actually works for a vendor of my company and we buy services from her company.
There are work rules around this and to save time ill assume that is pretty standard and everyone knows what they might be.

So she has visited my office several times in the past 3 months and always stops to talk to me for an excessive amount of time 30 minutes + (she only talks to others for a minute or two)
She also emails me often but not on a daily basis and sometimes goes a while without doing so. The emails are semi professional but we do talk about personal things and she always leaves them open ended to keep the talking going.
When the emails turn more personal, ex after 20 back and forth in a day she tends to not respond at that point.
She has asked me if I am doing anything over the weekend before and hinted that she is not busy. Most recently I discussed an activity and she invited me to do this with her, but "in a group setting"

This time around she made sure to tell me she was coming to the office and looking forward to seeing me (which will be in a few days). A note of importance is that she is very fit and very attractive, all of the guys talk about her. This also lets me know she does not converse with anyone else at my company like she does me. We do seem to have a great deal of things in common.

So my questions guys - any thoughts in general on this situation?
Is she avoiding through the emails an exchange of phone numbers due to work factors? How about the group thing - is that worded for work purposes?
The value of me using the service is very low dollar wise - perhaps only 20-30$ in her pocket when I use it (maybe a weekly or less than that occurrence). Is she doing this to build a professional type relationship?

and the final thing - could there really be anything there or am I just being a guy lol

pm CPK001
Gold: 42.32
Apr 9 2018 09:51pm
Maybe she doesn't want to speak personal stuff over email. at work.

Invite her or something, and talk to her and get to know her outside work. That how it goes.
I know that shit because I've been in such a relationship.
Gold: 5,169.82
Apr 10 2018 12:39am
She asked you to do something over the weekend, and you add: "but in a group setting".

Why is the group setting a bad thing?

One thing people need to learn about being more confident with women, is that not each and every action should somehow be part of a build-up towards sex/relationship.

She clearly wants to spend time with you, and there's a good chance that she chose this group activity because she feels safe there since she doesn't know you that well.

Next time, go with her and have a good time.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll