d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > I Got A Strategy To Blizzard > Stop These Damn Bots
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,275.00
Mar 28 2018 02:14am
The problem is there are too many frustrated overgrown kids who don't know what to do with their lives.
Hence they have the brilliant idea to make a living out of D2 shops by selling botted shakos to some players, instead of getting out and find a goddamn job.

Result = ruining the game. It's an old story tho.

Honestly I had a lot of fun the first month of botfree ladder. Played it without investing a single FG and was fun as hell.
Now is garbage trash again.

Better stay non ladd and do some occasional PvP.
Gold: 8.73
Mar 28 2018 06:03am
Quote (4nothin @ Mar 28 2018 02:42am)
People forget that’s it’s all the old blizzard employees that run the bots and websites?

People still think that?

Quote (Darkal @ Mar 28 2018 03:14am)
The problem is there are too many frustrated overgrown kids who don't know what to do with their lives.
Hence they have the brilliant idea to make a living out of D2 shops by selling botted shakos to some players, instead of getting out and find a goddamn job.

Result = ruining the game. It's an old story tho.

Honestly I had a lot of fun the first month of botfree ladder. Played it without investing a single FG and was fun as hell.
Now is garbage trash again.

Better stay non ladd and do some occasional PvP.

Look up the registration info on the sites and the names of the owners. At least half of them are Chinese, because it's better pay than "finding a goddamn job"

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Mar 28 2018 06:06am
Gold: 37,965.00
Mar 28 2018 06:11am
Meh, every game has bots & blizzard has done fairly good job RECENTLY. Think it's very old game with quite minor profits to blizzard atm :)
You simply can't get rid of all bots. Wow has them, PoE has them. Occasionally you get banned but you still keep rolling & there's nothing to be done to stop them for good except to take all profit out of it (forbit item trading, make it online solo game like diablo 3)

Everyone has to accept it. As long as making bots is profitable, someone makes them & people will use them. Hell, people bot even in D3 while there is nothing to be gained from botting single player except personal pleasure of seeing your name on ranking or touching yourself for the gear your bot found ^^

This post was edited by SDGoD on Mar 28 2018 06:17am
Gold: 19,122.19
Mar 28 2018 06:28am
Hmm, another kid is crying here..

Imo, Blizzard did a very good job this time around. They hid the info aboud the map and characters loaded in the ram by randomizing the memory addresses. It was just a question of time before people wouldl get the pattern. In IT, the concept is called Security by Obscurity. I think up to this day there is no proper maphack anymore :D The next step for Blizzard would be to make the random pattern dynamic. Right now, there is only one type of randomizing which was delievered with the latest patch = static. If Blizzard manages to change the memory pattern periodicaly with a super minor update like every 3 weeks then the bot developers wouldn't be able to keep up.

And no, one cannot solve the bot problem by banning enigma..

This post was edited by babun1024 on Mar 28 2018 06:29am
Mar 28 2018 06:52am
They should just ban more people and more frequently. Also not on a regular schedule.
If the kids see their goods disappear they will probably lose motivation.
Honestly this is a very old game and there isn't much to exploit anymore.

Running a bot for what? To gather some more fgs? And what do you do with these Fgs? Buy other items that are losing value because of other bots?
I mean, it looks a dead circle to me, a loop. The only ones who get pissed are people like me who actually enjoy to play time by time and have some fun with an old fashioned game.

It's just extremely pointless.

If you like a game, just play it. Using bots (or hacks in general) is like buying a game and then ask to a friend to play it for you because you are too lazy to play it yourself. Sounds so dumb to me.
Gold: 2,364.01
Mar 28 2018 08:21am
I think blizzards motive will never be to get 100% hack free. I mean... Blizzard get money out of the game when someone purchases the game. When someone is caught using bot, the cdkey will be banned. Then the one using bot will have to purchase another game for new cdkey. Blizzard has made profit. :thumbsup:
Mar 28 2018 08:42am
Quote (Crud1ty @ Mar 28 2018 09:21am)
I think blizzards motive will never be to get 100% hack free. I mean... Blizzard get money out of the game when someone purchases the game. When someone is caught using bot, the cdkey will be banned. Then the one using bot will have to purchase another game for new cdkey. Blizzard has made profit. :thumbsup:

But if you ban people and they don't come back then it could cause other people to quit. The multiplayer allure is gone when there's nobody to play with.

Their profit doesn't come from selling Diablo 2. Their profit comes with keeping people loyal to blizzard products.

Quote (Darkal @ Mar 28 2018 07:52am)
They should just ban more people and more frequently. Also not on a regular schedule.
If the kids see their goods disappear they will probably lose motivation.
Honestly this is a very old game and there isn't much to exploit anymore.

Running a bot for what? To gather some more fgs? And what do you do with these Fgs? Buy other items that are losing value because of other bots?
I mean, it looks a dead circle to me, a loop. The only ones who get pissed are people like me who actually enjoy to play time by time and have some fun with an old fashioned game.

It's just extremely pointless.

If you like a game, just play it. Using bots (or hacks in general) is like buying a game and then ask to a friend to play it for you because you are too lazy to play it yourself. Sounds so dumb to me.

I've made more than a thousand bucks this ladder from bots (mostly nightmare difficulty) with almost no effort on my part. That isn't a great deal of money but that is enough to buy more Christmas gifts this year for my kid.

If you're taking your profit and dumping it back into ladder then you're doing it wrong

And on the upside, since I don't have to do the boring parts myself I can play for fun without feeling like a grind.
Mar 28 2018 08:50am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ 28 Mar 2018 15:42)
But if you ban people and they don't come back then it could cause other people to quit. The multiplayer allure is gone when there's nobody to play with.

Their profit doesn't come from selling Diablo 2. Their profit comes with keeping people loyal to blizzard products.

I've made more than a thousand bucks this ladder from bots (mostly nightmare difficulty) with almost no effort on my part. That isn't a great deal of money but that is enough to buy more Christmas gifts this year for my kid.

If you're taking your profit and dumping it back into ladder then you're doing it wrong

And on the upside, since I don't have to do the boring parts myself I can play for fun without feeling like a grind.

Who cares if you ruin other player's gaming experience, right?
You know, at the end of the day this is just a videogame. But take your way of thinking to a higher level and you get one of these assholes who dump environment, exploit the poor, take advantage of other people's adversity just to make profit.
Unless someone touches something that belongs to you. Then everything changes.

Hypocrisy and selfishness.
Mar 28 2018 11:08am
Quote (Darkal @ Mar 28 2018 09:50am)
Who cares if you ruin other player's gaming experience, right?
You know, at the end of the day this is just a videogame. But take your way of thinking to a higher level and you get one of these assholes who dump environment, exploit the poor, take advantage of other people's adversity just to make profit.
Unless someone touches something that belongs to you. Then everything changes.

Hypocrisy and selfishness.

You wouldn't even know my bots existed unless I told you. Please explain how it ruins your gaming experience when it literally had no effect on you for the last 3 months.

Selfishness would be asking blizzard to ban other players so you can enjoy your game more.

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Mar 28 2018 11:09am
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 28 2018 11:36am
Because when legit players find good items, we can't trade for other good items that we need for our specific builds, because botters have ruined the marked by overflooding it. It is basic common sense. So there is no fun in playing to find good items, because the game is already flooded. Half the fun is finding good items and building a good character, but when every single item is in abundance, the hunt is gone, and the fun is gone. Basic common sense. There is no point in playing if cheaters get rich on ruining the gameplay experience for legit players.

It's the age old story that ethics is what drives everything, but economics ruin it, and lack of understanding of these two subjects due to nobody learning about it in school is the cause of all problems in society.

This post was edited by Taurean on Mar 28 2018 11:40am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll