d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Dead Pool 2 Trailer
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 8 2018 03:33pm
Quote (ChuzzeL @ Mar 28 2018 01:43am)
I mean I don't care and all, didn't even like the first one but doesn't this look like every other generic superhero movie?
I thought with a character like Deadpool you can go over the top and go apeshit crazy. The first movie was pretty tame in that regard too but this just looks like every other blockbuster on the big screen.

Where are the 4th wall breaks? The insulting pop cultural references? The complete 180s in storytelling? Just go nuts with it and then I would be interested.

This just feels like everything else, fancy but un memorable antagonist, cgi action scenes and hot girls to jerk off to...
Seems like the marketing is way more interesting than the final product.

But well, that's just my opinion and I am not the core audience.

There was a lot of 4th wall breaking stuff in the first movie. Granted most of it was Easter egg inside joke crap, and not Deadpool like stepping outside of the comic panels like I'm the comics but it was still there.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 8 2018 04:05pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 8 2018 01:33pm)
There was a lot of 4th wall breaking stuff in the first movie. Granted most of it was Easter egg inside joke crap, and not Deadpool like stepping outside of the comic panels like I'm the comics but it was still there.

I think he's complaining that they're not showing every 4th wall break in the trailer, even though it was done all throughout the first one, and even like 20% of the trailer for the 2nd one is 4th wall breaks. My guess would be that he either doesn't understand what he's complaining about, or he likes whining so much that he'll even make shit up to whine about.
Apr 8 2018 04:36pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 8 2018 03:05pm)
I think he's complaining that they're not showing every 4th wall break in the trailer, even though it was done all throughout the first one, and even like 20% of the trailer for the 2nd one is 4th wall breaks. My guess would be that he either doesn't understand what he's complaining about, or he likes whining so much that he'll even make shit up to whine about.

Well he said the first movie was tame so I assumed he means that the first movie didn't do it/do it enough.

Quote (ChuzzeL @ Mar 28 2018 01:43am)
I mean I don't care and all, didn't even like the first one but doesn't this look like every other generic superhero movie?
I thought with a character like Deadpool you can go over the top and go apeshit crazy. The first movie was pretty tame in that regard too but this just looks like every other blockbuster on the big screen.

Where are the 4th wall breaks? The insulting pop cultural references? The complete 180s in storytelling? Just go nuts with it and then I would be interested.

This just feels like everything else, fancy but un memorable antagonist, cgi action scenes and hot girls to jerk off to...
Seems like the marketing is way more interesting than the final product.

But well, that's just my opinion and I am not the core audience.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 8 2018 04:42pm
Pretty pointless either way, he's clearly wrong no matter how you look at it lol. Just seemed to me like he was complaining about the entire preview not being nothing but 4th wall breaks.... which is the dumbest complaint I've ever heard.

This was my response to him back on the first page

"There was plenty of it in the first one, and I think RR even said there would be much more in this one than the first. I get saying they all look the same, but the two major things you actually mentioned will without a doubt be featured heavily in the film and you're irritated because they chose not to let the pregiews ruin that.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me."
Apr 8 2018 05:33pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 8 2018 03:42pm)
Pretty pointless either way, he's clearly wrong no matter how you look at it lol. Just seemed to me like he was complaining about the entire preview not being nothing but 4th wall breaks.... which is the dumbest complaint I've ever heard.

This was my response to him back on the first page

"There was plenty of it in the first one, and I think RR even said there would be much more in this one than the first. I get saying they all look the same, but the two major things you actually mentioned will without a doubt be featured heavily in the film and you're irritated because they chose not to let the pregiews ruin that.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me."

Not arguing. Just explaining to you how I got to where I got with my response.

People these days are impossible to please with trailers anyways. You show them what they want and they bitch you showed the entire movie and ruined it.

So you show less and that bitch you aren't showing enough.

There logically seems like there should be a middle ground but most people are idiots and so a middle ground doesn't actually exist in this scenario.

Like how people bitching they aren't showing venom in the venom movie trailers

I personally love when the trailer has scenes that aren't actually in the movie but still give you an impression of what the movie will be like. Obviously this is easier done with some movies than with others. Like I think Marvel has completely missed a great opportunity to release short films in place of trailers. Marvel doesn't need to show you any part of their movies, the trailers are purely for hype purposes. I would probably be much more interested in the Marvel movies of the creators were clever enough to not make conventional trailers.

Like the Deadpool Uncle Ben skit. That's basically what I'm talking about. That single little short film has me much more interested in the film than any of the actual film footage.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Apr 8 2018 05:35pm
Gold: 2.70
Apr 19 2018 02:48pm
Gold: 9,280.04
Apr 20 2018 10:24am
Quote (Warlock316 @ Apr 19 2018 04:48pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20bpjtCbCz0

Needless to say I'm hyped
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll