d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Lets All Laugh At Lolchester United > Really Truly A Joke Of A Club
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
dro94
#11 Mar 13 2018 04:06pm
Group: Member
Gold: 680.00
Quote (ampoo @ Mar 13 2018 10:57pm)
and none in the semis

Don't speak so soon mein fuhrer

Quote (SUPERMANIACK @ Mar 13 2018 11:00pm)
That's nothing compared with the $$ invested and as well with the expectations of fans...

United and City spend a lot yeah. Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea don't, at least relative to teams like P$G, Real Madrid and Barcelona. If you look at the net spend of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea they're either positive or break-even.

It's cool to hate the PL but if we're honest we all know it's the best B)
SUPERMANIACK
#12 Mar 13 2018 04:09pm
Gold: 2.14
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 13 2018 11:06pm)

United and City spend a lot yeah. Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea don't, at least relative to teams like P$G, Real Madrid and Barcelona. If you look at the net spend of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea they're either positive or break-even.

It's cool to hate the PL but if we're honest we all know it's the best B)

Chelsea spent a lot in the past lets not forget that, Spurs and Liver are doing fine tbh.
City is the only that can mess with top teams in CL and they are doing it fine for the moment.
ampoo
#13 Mar 13 2018 04:18pm
Gold: 5,502.00
Quote (dro94 @ 13 Mar 2018 23:06)

what the....i am not fenderp my friend
fender
#14 Mar 13 2018 04:24pm
Gold: 4,869.00
Quote (zarkadon @ 13 Mar 2018 23:03)
Sevilla finally making it past the firtst ko stage... seemed like a curse, and I really thought that this wasn't going to be the year it would break. Not only because Man Utd was supposed to be harder than teams like Leicester or Fenerbahce, but also because this Sevilla is pretty inconsistent and underwhelming... I'd definitely say that, while still a very decent team, it's worse than their previous teams that reached this CL round.

Another thing worth mentioning is that, once again, Ben Yedder shows that it makes no sense that he isn't Sevilla's starting striker. I don't understand it... something must be going on behind the scenes, because 3 managers now (Sampaoli, Berizzo and Montella) have preferred to have blind men like Vietto or Muriel upfront instead of Ben Yedder. I don't understand why.

have you seen his one on one vs. de gea? i guess that's part of the explanation. granted, muriel obviously wasn't any better, but it's not like ben yedder is some kind of super striker...
SUPERMANIACK
#15 Mar 13 2018 04:31pm
Gold: 2.14
Quote (fender @ Mar 13 2018 11:24pm)
have you seen his one on one vs. de gea? i guess that's part of the explanation. granted, muriel obviously wasn't any better, but it's not like ben yedder is some kind of super striker...

He's a decent striker but obvious not a top one, you're right there.
Edgard
#16 Mar 13 2018 05:51pm
Gold: 10.00
Quote (ampoo @ Mar 13 2018 02:57pm)
and none in the semis

My dude this CL is ours
zarkadon
#17 Mar 13 2018 06:06pm
Gold: 217.91
Quote (fender @ 13 Mar 2018 23:24)

Yes, that was an awful miss, but he also scored two and changed the game...

It's not like we haven't seen awful misses from world class players.

I agree he isn't a top striker, but he's definitely a solid one. Look at his numbers, he's pretty prolific... he scored like once every two games while playing for a defensive and mediocre team (Toulouse) in a defensive league (Ligue 1), and while playing for Sevilla he still outscores everyone despite not being the first choice striker. He performs well most of the time when I watch Sevilla.

I'm not saying he should play more often because he's some sort of Ronaldo, but because imo he's far better than the other strikers the managers have preferred (Vietto and Muriel).
fender
#18 Mar 14 2018 12:43pm
Gold: 4,869.00
holy shit, from the comment section: "He's taking credit for knocking United out for a third time lmao" (it's at 1:40 in the video)

Quote (zarkadon @ 14 Mar 2018 01:06)
Yes, that was an awful miss, but he also scored two and changed the game...

It's not like we haven't seen awful misses from world class players.

I agree he isn't a top striker, but he's definitely a solid one. Look at his numbers, he's pretty prolific... he scored like once every two games while playing for a defensive and mediocre team (Toulouse) in a defensive league (Ligue 1), and while playing for Sevilla he still outscores everyone despite not being the first choice striker. He performs well most of the time when I watch Sevilla.

I'm not saying he should play more often because he's some sort of Ronaldo, but because imo he's far better than the other strikers the managers have preferred (Vietto and Muriel).

don't get me wrong, i'm totally with you, his first goal was quality indeed while muriel for example has been outright shocking. all i'm saying is that he isn't exactly a worldbeater, and despite his overall decent tally he has been rather underwhelming lately, and situations like that one on one and what no one else knows, his training pitch performances, might be PART of the explanation (that's what i originally stated). ofc he's still motm and the one who decided this tie (even though i'm reluctant to give him full credit for two goals, the second one was at least half de gea imo)...
lepInTheHood
#19 Mar 14 2018 12:45pm
Gold: Locked
:rofl:
Duss
#20 Mar 15 2018 10:42pm
Gold: 51.37
Warn: 10%
Joke of a Club :rofl:
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List