d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Sunder Vs. Frost Blades League Starter
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,992.19
Warn: 20%
Feb 20 2018 11:35am
i wanna do Frostblades too....dunno what class to take tho. im thinking oni goroshi with trickster to compensate the dot and nice attack speed
Gold: 8,485.00
Feb 20 2018 04:05pm
Yeah I've been leaning heavily towards Frost Blades, due to the clear speed (See here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SR1HfTGNn4), but I've heard that bosses can be difficult - and I cannot find a clear cut definition if this means higher tier bosses or the end game bosses..

Quote (Robiz @ Feb 20 2018 12:57am)
single target suk donkey balls w frost blades, id try swapping to molten strike for bossing.

That's what I was planning to - sticking around these two forum posts:
1. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2061931
2. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1915297

I was going to stick with Pathfinder or Raider anyways, since those are my most favored Ascendencies regardless, but waiting for GGG to release more information on the changes to these two.

I tried out an Ice Crash Raider recently, which felt very safe, but it's a slower clear than Cleave/Reave and requires much more to scale higher - overall it just felt slow to me and I cannot stand slow mapping builds. If they can't do ubers/Shaper that's fine, but if it's a slow/weak map clear then I'm automatically not interested.
Gold: 0.90
Feb 20 2018 04:16pm
Quote (pypyjyys @ 20 Feb 2018 12:30)
TS is faster though

ehhhhhhhh i don't know about that, they're very much comparable though when looking at clearing speed.

frostblades requires frost bomb/lightning trap etc etc to murder bosses quickly

This post was edited by Meatstick on Feb 20 2018 04:17pm
Gold: 202.99
Feb 20 2018 04:45pm
Quote (Meatstick @ 21 Feb 2018 01:16)
ehhhhhhhh i don't know about that, they're very much comparable though when looking at clearing speed.

frostblades requires frost bomb/lightning trap etc etc to murder bosses quickly

mneeeh I guess with qotf nerfed a fast enough whirling blades/leap slam would make fb comperable or faster

Running feels so much smoother though
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Feb 20 2018 05:58pm
prob going solar guards again myself
since it's the first and still only good clearspeed summoner build

This post was edited by DCSS on Feb 20 2018 05:59pm
Feb 20 2018 06:17pm
Quote (DCSS @ Feb 20 2018 06:58pm)
prob going solar guards again myself
since it's the first and still only good clearspeed summoner build

I started with TV/WM Spectres this league, and honestly I felt like the summoner AI has come along way - but they still have quite a ways to go. I also hate trying to get a Vis Mortis at the start of a league, and not having it greatly slows down your clear speed.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Feb 22 2018 07:11am
Quote (RyanTBS25 @ Feb 20 2018 08:17pm)
I started with TV/WM Spectres this league, and honestly I felt like the summoner AI has come along way - but they still have quite a ways to go. I also hate trying to get a Vis Mortis at the start of a league, and not having it greatly slows down your clear speed.

I just prioritized vis mortis + jeweller's touch first and i had it by day 2 idk

my biggest issue with spectre atm is the capped movement speed for no reason so the only way to clear with them decently is to have them constantly teleport onto you which feels silly at first but i guess you get used to it.

Their aggro range/los being inexorably tied to where you last moved/pointed your cursor to before using an ability is also rather annoying. I want to afk elreon's but a mob will often spawn exactly behind the relic in relation to where I last clicked and they won't attack it even if it's within melee range. On the one hand it gives you a degree of control over them and makes you think about where you're clicking and you can basically slowly move them around a corner into a boss room and have them fight while you are in 0 danger if you do it right, but it has its drawbacks too.

This post was edited by DCSS on Feb 22 2018 07:14am
Feb 23 2018 06:52pm
Quote (DCSS @ Feb 22 2018 08:11am)
I just prioritized vis mortis + jeweller's touch first and i had it by day 2 idk

my biggest issue with spectre atm is the capped movement speed for no reason so the only way to clear with them decently is to have them constantly teleport onto you which feels silly at first but i guess you get used to it.

Their aggro range/los being inexorably tied to where you last moved/pointed your cursor to before using an ability is also rather annoying. I want to afk elreon's but a mob will often spawn exactly behind the relic in relation to where I last clicked and they won't attack it even if it's within melee range. On the one hand it gives you a degree of control over them and makes you think about where you're clicking and you can basically slowly move them around a corner into a boss room and have them fight while you are in 0 danger if you do it right, but it has its drawbacks too.

Yeah, I feel you. With how much I actually can play I doubt I would be able to get a VM even remotely close to that fast. The other thing that bugs me is the movement and AI, especially in smaller closed areas (cell maps), and the lack of actual character speed. Sure you can use Shield Charge, but how fast of a SC can you get up to on a Spectre Witch?

Gold: 8.00
Feb 23 2018 09:07pm
Quote (RyanTBS25 @ Feb 23 2018 07:52pm)
Yeah, I feel you. With how much I actually can play I doubt I would be able to get a VM even remotely close to that fast. The other thing that bugs me is the movement and AI, especially in smaller closed areas (cell maps), and the lack of actual character speed. Sure you can use Shield Charge, but how fast of a SC can you get up to on a Spectre Witch?

I never had problems with movespeed on my solar guards... quite fine id imo
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll