d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Anyone Played Flicker Strike?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 150.00
Feb 19 2018 08:28am
Had pretty fun with an Oro's flicker berserker in Harbinger.
I didn't really invest much into him so he usually killed himself with the self-ignite and lack of leeching.
Gold: 202.99
Feb 19 2018 09:00am
idk what people are rambling on about here.

The only problem some people have is they get headaches/nauseous but I personally don't have any of those problems.

There are basically 3 different ways of playing pure flicker atm.

Oros flicker strike
Terminus est flicker strike
Golden rule+red trail flicker strike

Oro's is the easiest and cheapest to build and works very well for map clearing up to t15s.
The cheap version is just oro's and any 6-link armor you can get. You go resolute technique which allows you to skip all accuracy rolls and stuff so you just get some life+weapon ele dmg and attack speed on gear.
Slayer+VP gives you stupid survivability. Some people like to use fireborn jewel(s).

The more expensive one goes elemental overload+kaoms but it's still essentially the same build.
Problem with oro's is that it kinda lacks damage for stuff like guardians+shaper.

Terminus est is pretty versatile and can scale to end game no problem. My personal favourite is cold conversion with hrimsorrow+winter spirit. I played it as a league starter build this league.
The cold conversion build is mostly a mapping build and freezing+shattering everything in addition to slayer leech and 6k hp made it pretty tanky.
I did manage to down shaper with it but going slayer isn't really the best option for that. Pathfinder would be a lot better I think.
Ele conversion isn't the only choice either. Pretty sure you could get a more balanced build with shapers touch and just scaling a bit of everything. Mostly crit though

The trick for permanent flicker for single target is using cwdt+blade vortex/firestorm setup. Since the frenzy on crit from terminus applies to everything, not just attacks.
Which means having a firestorm up, or a few blade vortex stacks will give you frenzies even if you fail to crit with your flicker.

Golden rule+red trail allows you to get frenzies on hit whiile bleeding and inflict bleeding on yourself.
This is a build I haven't tried yet but I might do so in the next league.

You don't want the bleeds to deal dmg so a pure ele build is prolly best. If you go phys ele conversion you can't have 100% conversion since then you can't inflict bleeds.
Almost any weapon will work for this build so it's up to you what you want to make of it. You just need a decent bleed chance so it's kinda similar to oro's in that sense.
I know some people have done oni-goroshi builds with this setup but i'm pretty sure you could find better options.

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Feb 19 2018 09:06am
Gold: 5,210.00
Feb 19 2018 05:50pm
Ty for comments all!

Pypyjyys - appreciate the detailed notes!
Gold: 632.75
Feb 19 2018 07:48pm
you're very welcome icednine xD
Gold: 1,341.48
Warn: 10%
Feb 20 2018 01:10am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Feb 19 2018 08:00am)
idk what people are rambling on about here.

The only problem some people have is they get headaches/nauseous but I personally don't have any of those problems.

There are basically 3 different ways of playing pure flicker atm.

Oros flicker strike
Terminus est flicker strike
Golden rule+red trail flicker strike

Oro's is the easiest and cheapest to build and works very well for map clearing up to t15s.
The cheap version is just oro's and any 6-link armor you can get. You go resolute technique which allows you to skip all accuracy rolls and stuff so you just get some life+weapon ele dmg and attack speed on gear.
Slayer+VP gives you stupid survivability. Some people like to use fireborn jewel(s).

The more expensive one goes elemental overload+kaoms but it's still essentially the same build.
Problem with oro's is that it kinda lacks damage for stuff like guardians+shaper.

Terminus est is pretty versatile and can scale to end game no problem. My personal favourite is cold conversion with hrimsorrow+winter spirit. I played it as a league starter build this league.
The cold conversion build is mostly a mapping build and freezing+shattering everything in addition to slayer leech and 6k hp made it pretty tanky.
I did manage to down shaper with it but going slayer isn't really the best option for that. Pathfinder would be a lot better I think.
Ele conversion isn't the only choice either. Pretty sure you could get a more balanced build with shapers touch and just scaling a bit of everything. Mostly crit though

The trick for permanent flicker for single target is using cwdt+blade vortex/firestorm setup. Since the frenzy on crit from terminus applies to everything, not just attacks.
Which means having a firestorm up, or a few blade vortex stacks will give you frenzies even if you fail to crit with your flicker.

Golden rule+red trail allows you to get frenzies on hit whiile bleeding and inflict bleeding on yourself.
This is a build I haven't tried yet but I might do so in the next league.

You don't want the bleeds to deal dmg so a pure ele build is prolly best. If you go phys ele conversion you can't have 100% conversion since then you can't inflict bleeds.
Almost any weapon will work for this build so it's up to you what you want to make of it. You just need a decent bleed chance so it's kinda similar to oro's in that sense.
I know some people have done oni-goroshi builds with this setup but i'm pretty sure you could find better options.

Golden rule flicker was fucking op and one of the funniest builds I've played in the last couple leagues

This post was edited by Ididitfortehlulz on Feb 20 2018 01:10am
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Feb 20 2018 05:40am
5year old video

of 0% crit chance

perma frenzy terminal est, flicker discharge

666%more charges income, thx to selfdamage, back then inflicted with selfreflect curse punishment shackles selfpunishments

Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll