d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Ghost Discussion > N Help
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 461.40
Feb 21 2018 04:54am
obv better claw is better lol

ghost is a shitty char anywways, nobody wants to play against it and its not fpk etc
Gold: 1,110.00
Feb 21 2018 04:55am
I see that all of you 3 guys have different builds and different goals than me.
Your build't for 1v1 duels. Ergo 65fcr can do ok. You also need to put a cta at slot 2, and precast isen't allowed, so you boost ur psy and ar into ovbliovion, and change rings for whatever char you meet depending on res/abs need.
Giving you a highlife via craft none resist ring and via visio 2soc base life+str or dex with 2 x jools containing 60%ed/18stats/14fhr/20@, shadow dancers will also boost screen stats a lot(but DS/CB/OW) are invisible stats. Raven adds 20dex and double amount ar of 1 perfect rare ring. The shadow boots are also neccesary when you can't put "preclaws" at slot 2.

My builds is a vs all build. With goals of playing tvt and pubs.
For tvt the 102fcr is a must, ur a team stun char.
For pubs/tvt the 102fcr is just as good offensive as defansive.
Pubs = Full precast allowed, meanwhile i spend aboutly the same time precasting as you spend on changing eq for each different char ur gonna duel, meanwhile my equip is always the same.
TVT = Other bo me, so i put "preclaws" on wep slot 2. Giving me 12fade/12venom/20% psn dmg, ench i cast from stash and no1 care about it since it takes 2 seconds... If people rage i can change it with a skiller.
Frw is another invisible stat which is underated for ghost. The hard duels like vs hammer/baba/smiter frw is a HUGE factor. Since ur going inn to leave dmg without getting hit you need frw. Valk provides this, Visio Circ can provide this, the frw stat will not be displayed on stat board. Frw is ofc very effective in all scenarios vs all.

Theorycrafting and excel will only get you so far.

The same goes for high stat boards, they mean very little without speed(fcr/frw/fhr/fbr)
Thats why im using excel, to find the best stats for MY build. And ofc the its displayed in every aspect giving me the excact number on psy, venom(pre and unpre and claw pre), fire, magic, ar with and without ench. And the end calculation checks out how many life taken on average(including everything, invisible stats like CB/OW/DS, although the OW/CB calcs are not finnished yet.

So yes, the 65fcr/viso/highlord is a strong build, it just don't fit with what sort of duels im doing. I stopped many years ago making chars to duel 1 excact type of enemy at a time.
Gold: 1,457.00
Feb 21 2018 05:17am
Quote (stelol @ Feb 21 2018 03:41am)
As Azn mentioned, if you plan to prebuff like that and you want a cheap way to upgrade your sin just bring a chant sorc and bo barb. Stat more dex since you get n1 life with bo and on swap instead of cta/shield go for 2x precast claws so nn to visit stash at all neither carry cube with you.

Sometimes it was fun yes xD

Fully precasted can take on barbs and trade hits with hdin ;) but its so fucking pointless. There was this clown on eu called mizu who did that, always. Finally beat him gvg by using hotspurs lol.

fuuuck i miss my ghost :(
Gold: 1,275.00
Feb 21 2018 05:23am
Quote (gel87 @ 21 Feb 2018 11:55)
I see that all of you 3 guys have different builds and different goals than me.
Your build't for 1v1 duels. Ergo 65fcr can do ok. You also need to put a cta at slot 2, and precast isen't allowed, so you boost ur psy and ar into ovbliovion, and change rings for whatever char you meet depending on res/abs need.
Giving you a highlife via craft none resist ring and via visio 2soc base life+str or dex with 2 x jools containing 60%ed/18stats/14fhr/20@, shadow dancers will also boost screen stats a lot(but DS/CB/OW) are invisible stats. Raven adds 20dex and double amount ar of 1 perfect rare ring. The shadow boots are also neccesary when you can't put "preclaws" at slot 2.

My builds is a vs all build. With goals of playing tvt and pubs.
For tvt the 102fcr is a must, ur a team stun char.
For pubs/tvt the 102fcr is just as good offensive as defansive.
Pubs = Full precast allowed, meanwhile i spend aboutly the same time precasting as you spend on changing eq for each different char ur gonna duel, meanwhile my equip is always the same.
TVT = Other bo me, so i put "preclaws" on wep slot 2. Giving me 12fade/12venom/20% psn dmg, ench i cast from stash and no1 care about it since it takes 2 seconds... If people rage i can change it with a skiller.
Frw is another invisible stat which is underated for ghost. The hard duels like vs hammer/baba/smiter frw is a HUGE factor. Since ur going inn to leave dmg without getting hit you need frw. Valk provides this, Visio Circ can provide this, the frw stat will not be displayed on stat board. Frw is ofc very effective in all scenarios vs all.

The same goes for high stat boards, they mean very little without speed(fcr/frw/fhr/fbr)
Thats why im using excel, to find the best stats for MY build. And ofc the its displayed in every aspect giving me the excact number on psy, venom(pre and unpre and claw pre), fire, magic, ar with and without ench. And the end calculation checks out how many life taken on average(including everything, invisible stats like CB/OW/DS, although the OW/CB calcs are not finnished yet.

So yes, the 65fcr/viso/highlord is a strong build, it just don't fit with what sort of duels im doing. I stopped many years ago making chars to duel 1 excact type of enemy at a time.

Yes and no.

I mean, I totally understand your needs and your build crafting.

I like my Ghost cause basically I never change equip except putting a Dwarf/Wisp/Rare Ring, rest always stays the same.
I have the Res Scs but I basically always use two of them to get 75% FR too.

So the switches are minimal. Vs Hammer, Druid, Necro, Cold Soso, Any Assa I always keep the same setup.
Also you are saying prebuff in pubs is allowed. I am not sure of that... If you intend that all pubs are just populated by BM users, I don't see it in the same way.
After these last banwaves there is basically no hackers around. You may find some kid/BM player time by time but that's it.

Maybe I've been very lucky, I don't know, but lately I just meet polite players who even say "G" before starting the duel. Where is the need to BM?
Beside that, I say that just for myself, I like to play cause I enjoy the duel. Winning it's an option.

Anyway I'll keep following this thread, your calculations are interesting! :)
Gold: 14,760.00
Feb 21 2018 07:03am
IIRC, you won’t be able to hit max FHR or DR unless you buff via precast - which as several of us have pointed out is BM, but hey if you insist its fine then go for it.

I use dancers mainly for the fhr since I get enough DS from mastery, highlords and UmLo in my claw. If you use gores (which is a must since you don’t have highlords as 102), then you’d have to use 1x fhr GC + 2x fhr sc or give up standard enigma and use EOD. The better option is probably EOD as it gives you the 20% fhr needed to hit 48% BP, but then you lose 5% life and 8% DR. To make up for the missed DR from the ber rune in the enigma runeword, you have to ber your helm.

Now you’re looking at less life, less damage, less AR (no vis), less block, etc. More importantly, since you’re also 102 fcr, you give up the sorb ring swap and without sorb you would get 2-3 shoted by sorcs. Traps would also eat you alive. Don’t tell me you’re going to carry around multiple valks to swap as needed vs elemental opponents.

The standard solution to this would be bugged belt, but since you’re 102 fcr, you can’t use it. All in all 102 is great (as a swap opinion against certain characters like necs), but your “standard build” to which you spec your hard points and skills should be around 65fcr.

PS. Using 2x buff claws in team duels could prove fatal if your barb dies mid fight and the match goes for a while. This happens more than not vs l8z trappers and necros.

This post was edited by Azn Masta on Feb 21 2018 07:27am
Gold: 1,457.00
Feb 21 2018 10:11am
102 *IS* standard build vs sorc, nec and trap. Everything else, not so much. 65 is better.
Gold: 1,110.00
Feb 21 2018 02:47pm
Quote (Azn Masta @ Feb 21 2018 01:03pm)
IIRC, you won’t be able to hit max FHR or DR unless you buff via precast - which as several of us have pointed out is BM, but hey if you insist its fine then go for it.

I use dancers mainly for the fhr since I get enough DS from mastery, highlords and UmLo in my claw. If you use gores (which is a must since you don’t have highlords as 102), then you’d have to use 1x fhr GC + 2x fhr sc or give up standard enigma and use EOD. The better option is probably EOD as it gives you the 20% fhr needed to hit 48% BP, but then you lose 5% life and 8% DR. To make up for the missed DR from the ber rune in the enigma runeword, you have to ber your helm.

Now you’re looking at less life, less damage, less AR (no vis), less block, etc. More importantly, since you’re also 102 fcr, you give up the sorb ring swap and without sorb you would get 2-3 shoted by sorcs. Traps would also eat you alive. Don’t tell me you’re going to carry around multiple valks to swap as needed vs elemental opponents.

The standard solution to this would be bugged belt, but since you’re 102 fcr, you can’t use it. All in all 102 is great (as a swap opinion against certain characters like necs), but your “standard build” to which you spec your hard points and skills should be around 65fcr.

PS. Using 2x buff claws in team duels could prove fatal if your barb dies mid fight and the match goes for a while. This happens more than not vs l8z trappers and necros.

Haven't had the problem where bo from baba ran out as ghost in tvt yet, but has happened on many other chars, so i get that one :)

Well, i have level 50 fade on ghost is np with EoD on ghost.
I use valk 0.8 Lo vs all. I don't care even if blizz 1 shot me, i don't need to win 100% of duels vs blizz, 90% is enought. I catch them in traps before i jump them. I don't wear any abs other than the LO'ed valk. I would love a Valk CHam as well ofc, but it aint needed. (unless fucking orb soso xD, also annoying not to have vs smiters using holy freeze + 35% slow which i think is bm vs assa, but then i just fucking mindblast them into oblivion to be just as lame, and wirl when they try to charge out of it xD

Quote (nuvo @ Feb 21 2018 04:11pm)
102 *IS* standard build vs sorc, nec and trap. Everything else, not so much. 65 is better.

I prefer 102fcr vs druids, babas, hammers and smiters as well. You control the duel better into your favour then... You never gonna outank a descent BVA forexample anyway, but with time ur mb + ow and the few hits u can sneak in will kill him. But you gotta play pretty lame vs them to win xD
I agree that a 65fcr with wisp and Lo in helm would be more effective vs trappers, but i have only used that once. In EU its bm to abs more than 5% max res on dual claw assa anyway...
However i do stash 1 perf raven, 1 perf wisp, infernoes, 4 x 20/11 cr, old patch 3resi boots. I guess i have used the scs 2-3 times over the years, the stack boots 4-5 times and the infernoes 2-3 times, and the raven i have used like 1-2 times and the wisp aboutly 1-2 times xD Rest have been the standard eq, before i went offshore this time i duelled 2 blizz sosos at once, where 1 of them tryed to bm me, i still diden't bother putting on the stack eq and was able to kill both aboutly 90% of the duels even though one of them was able to 1hit me twice because i dident put up enought stun one time, and the other time because i dident w8 for blizz to clear before i jumped him in it xD

This post was edited by gel87 on Feb 21 2018 02:48pm
Gold: 461.40
Feb 22 2018 08:02am
you can do partial legit prebuff with cube in inventory + enchant stick instead of 2 skillers + 1 sc

if u use x 6/6 claws with psn rbfs (can also use 3shadow amu and 2 sojs) u get a lot of fade boost and venom boost which allows u to reach 50%dr easier and pump other skills like wb, or even 1pt bladeshield because you can even leave fade + venom unskilled which is 2 extra skillpoints to put somewhere else. The enchant instead of 1 skiller u can use it vs high def chars only and use the skiller against low def chars since ghost has high ar numbers already.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll