d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Magic: The Gathering > Modern Unban > What Do You Think
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,096.00
Feb 17 2018 08:04pm
So I was thinking of readjusting my current jund deck to, obviously, include bloodbraid elf.

But I do have a question. Seems like alot of people are hyped enough of the unban to run 4 copies in the deck. Yet, we already have cards like liliana of the veil, kolaghan's command, maelstrom pulse and, in some decks, huntmaster of the fells or olivia voldaren. But it seems the decks I looked at are STILL running 4 dark confidant.

My question is, at the current meta now with the unban, wouldn't dark confidant end up hurting you more than helping at this point? I mean you've got a much higher mana curve, you easily will have a deck with 10+ cards with cmc 3 or greater. I think he is still a great staple card, possibly the best black creature card ever printed, but with the unban of bloodbraid elf, is it a smart move to still run dark confidant in jund decks? I

I feel like bob could easily end up hurting you more than helping now that bloodbraid elf is unbanned.

What do you think? Is he still worth running or the risk of hurting yourself too much from his ability not worth the extra card draw?

I could only imagine revealing 2 bloodbraid elfs back to back...8 life for 2 extra cards doesn't seem worth it.

Gold: 377.69
Feb 18 2018 12:10am
Do you think that the solution is running less bobs, or less BB elves? Because I feel like a lot of the games I see with jund are made or broken in the early game, and a bloodbraid elf would increase the odds of a stabilize/recover phase but honestly I think they won't be a playset in jund after the unban for any pro top 8s.
Gold: 1,113.00
Feb 19 2018 12:25am
no, BBE is busted lol
Gold: 0.00
Feb 20 2018 12:22pm
BBE is a 4 of in Jund 100%
Probably cut Bob down to 2 because I imagine you will be playing more 3 drops to maximize BBE.
Go Back To Magic: The Gathering Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll