d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Jsp Weekly Movie Club
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 50%
Feb 5 2018 03:48pm
Josh being josh lol
Gold: 10,025.00
Feb 5 2018 03:52pm
Quote (DefinitelyNotKimmy @ Feb 5 2018 02:48pm)
Josh being josh lol

:angry: don't you start
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 5 2018 03:55pm
I'll watch it tonight and post up. I already know what movie I'm going to make you guys watch in March.

I've seen this movie soooo many times that I could probably go on for awhile just off memory, but I want to watch it again anyways, and it would defeat the purpose of this event if we just went off memory.
Gold: 3,059.01
Feb 5 2018 03:56pm
Josh getting slammed by anime kids. Funny stuff
Feb 5 2018 04:09pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 5 2018 02:55pm)
I'll watch it tonight and post up. I already know what movie I'm going to make you guys watch in March.

I've seen this movie soooo many times that I could probably go on for awhile just off memory, but I want to watch it again anyways, and it would defeat the purpose of this event if we just went off memory.

I'll watch it Wednesday when I finally have time. Been really busy at work lately.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Feb 5 2018 04:10pm
Banned
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 70%
Feb 5 2018 04:24pm
Add me to list pls I will find movie

This post was edited by aaron9999 on Feb 5 2018 04:25pm
Feb 6 2018 09:08pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Feb 5 2018 10:00am)
Discussion starts whenever you want and ends Saturday. Sunday is new movie day.

If you want to talk about what you like that's cool. Or you could go more in depth about like tone, camera work, and shit. It's message or whatever. Up to whoever is posting how deep they want to go.

I feel we should be given a week to watch the movie, and discussion starts the week following (where we are allocated a time frame to watch the next movie in sequence)

I probably won't get time until maybe tonight if not tomorrow to watch Resevoir Dogs which allows only a couple days discussion. Im sure there are others in the same boat (I'm almost certain since no discussion yet)

But idk that makes sense to me anyhow?

This post was edited by DefinitelyNotKimmy on Feb 6 2018 09:09pm
Gold: 250.00
Feb 6 2018 09:17pm
Quote (DefinitelyNotKimmy @ Feb 6 2018 07:08pm)
I feel we should be given a week to watch the movie, and discussion starts the week following (where we are allocated a time frame to watch the next movie in sequence)

I probably won't get time until maybe tonight if not tomorrow to watch Resevoir Dogs which allows only a couple days discussion. Im sure there are others in the same boat (I'm almost certain since no discussion yet)

But idk that makes sense to me anyhow?

I wouldn't mind this. Of course it slows down the entire thing, but we don't need to be in a rush, right?

One week to watch the movie, and try to make it so no one posts actual discussion until that first week is up. Hopefully everyone will have watched by that time, and a full-blown good discussion can take place, vs people just commenting one a time over the course of a week. You're also right that a lot of people will probably not find time to watch a movie during their week, I have weeks like that all the time.
Feb 6 2018 09:44pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 6 2018 08:17pm)
I wouldn't mind this. Of course it slows down the entire thing, but we don't need to be in a rush, right?

One week to watch the movie, and try to make it so no one posts actual discussion until that first week is up. Hopefully everyone will have watched by that time, and a full-blown good discussion can take place, vs people just commenting one a time over the course of a week. You're also right that a lot of people will probably not find time to watch a movie during their week, I have weeks like that all the time.

I don't want to change things up too much, I would like to stick with the weekly Sunday through Saturday thing. If we could edit posts that are extremely old I could put each weeks movie into the OP but we can't. So that leaves us with a few options.

We could make different threads for each week, and have each person post their movie a few days before their discussion week starts (during the previous movie discussion week).

I don't know about this option as it might be a bit confusing to some, especially if you aren't here very often. I liked the idea of keeping all the discussion in a single thread... Maybe we could have 2 threads, 1 being the list of movies and 2 being the discussion thread.

Each Sunday I can post kind of a "cut off" post that starts the new movie discussion in the discussion thread. And then we can keep a list of people choosing movies in the other thread, so it will be easy to go look at and see what the weekly movie is.

If you want "early access" to the movie, do to speak, it will have to either be a 2 thread system or each week having a new discussion thread system.

Edit: that being said I picked weekly because I think that should be enough time to watch and discuss most movies, even if you don't get started until mid-week. It's not like we are looking to write a dissertation on the movie.

Edit 2: I'll be watching the movie tomorrow, hopefully I'll have done things to say about it then.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Feb 6 2018 09:48pm
Feb 6 2018 10:06pm
I propose this thread for discussion regarding the movie club and upcoming ideas/suggestions and what not then a seperate thread for each movie we are discussing a week after it's nominated (giving everyone a week to watch it, which I feel is fair as most of us are busy during the week and won't find time to talk much about it before the deadline.)

A separate thread means we can all go back to it even after a week if anyone has anything extra to add at a later date without the need to scroll through page upon pages of this thread . It also allows any other people not involved directly to have some input to which generates even more discussion.

I feel that's how it would be best run anyhow. I understand you don't really want to change much stuff now but yeah
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll