d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Browser Games > Realm of the Mad God > Rotmg Beginner's Guide > Early Draft
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 1 2018 04:58pm
i'm mainly writing this because i plan on having some friends join me on this game. hopefully i won't have to repeat myself too much and can just link this.
i plan to work on this little by little until i have a complete beginners guide. i know one already exists, but i found it lacking in the knowledge i needed at the time of starting off.
this will be a bit unorganized for a while. i'm also keeping most generalized data out of this currently. if you can find it on wiki, it likely won't be here... for now at least.

there are 3 general things you should know before starting this game. i will go into more detail of these later, but if you were to read anything starting off... this is it.
#1 you "need" your characters to die. don't get too attached or invested in a single char for the first couple months at least.
#2 your end-game focus should be set on your pet. pets are not lost on death and will end up being your focus later if not now.
#3 don't stand still. server lag and other unforeseen issues are common. you will quickly experience this, but keep this in mind. always be moving, even if you don't think your connected to game any longer.

Pets
ultimately you are searching for a "human" pet with heal / magic heal / electric. in that order. (your first usable pet, you can settle with heal / magic heal / random)
you want a human because it will save you an ass-load of troubles. (you can change it's class or skin later) humans start with the ability heal. always. this increases your chances considerably of rolling a pet with the correct skills compared to any other egg. since you must fuse pets of the same class to the next tier, you should always start only with human eggs. at least until you have the ideal pet skills.
1 thing to note about pet feeding, is that you only need to max out the first skill to unlock the ability to reach it's highest lvl's in the next tier after fusing. this is true for every fusion tier. (DO NOT fuse a pet without lvling the first skill to the max on BOTH pets you are fusing.)

Early Game Progression
reaching the max lvl of 20 is quick and easy. after you hit lvl 20 though, you need to... do everything. gain experience of the game itself and just plan on dying and repeating until you can recognize what you can and can't do.
potions are the currency of this game, for the most part. you can purchase common humanoid eggs for 1 defence pot. gear just under top tier are also commonly sold for 1 of these. so instead of using them when you get them on that first char of yours. save some to buy gear or start investing in getting that ideal pet.
you can easily trade items on the USWest2 server.

this is all i really wanted to get across at the moment. i plan to expand this guide for shits and giggles though.

if there are things you really wish you knew starting this game off, post it and i'll consider adding it in to the next draft.
if there are general knowledge things you wish to be included, let me know as well. i already have plans for a few things, such as FP needed to reach each lvl on a pet.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 2 2018 12:44pm
Sprite dungeons op for begginers

Always drops dex
Sometimes drops def
Kill all sprite gods in dungeon for attack pot drops
DEX, DEF, ATTACk pots 3 important potions 2 of which have good value.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trading def or attack for T11 weopon/armor is boss for new players
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to do all mad lab dungeons for EXPO ring, the white bags are not bad also
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manor of immortals very easy dungeon for new players to get attack, much faster and easier then puppet master, also a shit ton of feed power in that dungeon especially for common/uncommon pets. (keys are 50cents each also which makes this a pretty good dungeon for noobs to even buy keys, gets u used to confuse controlls playing in there as well)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0/8 grinding tops at WC and son of arach dungeon are not too hard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best 0/8 class in my opinion is the mystic- Long range and good defensive ability that sacrifices very little power
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really in any order but maybe it will help you a little. If you want more i can take some time later and write down more thoughts.

This post was edited by PartynJesus on Feb 2 2018 12:51pm
Feb 3 2018 10:52am
i'm open to all suggestions.

going for sprite early on is good idea. it's easy and white bags drop fairly often as well. i'm also keen on lab for expo. although lab isn't an easy dungeon to get to the boss as a new player, without teleporting.

i would have to disagree with manor though. it's not a very hard dungeon, but it's very easy to die quick. hounds can 1-shot many starting players and they come from no-where seemingly. also the bats at boss can be overwhelming if you are a slow class or don't have speed pots invested. however, i do believe everything is worth trying at an early stage for the user to judge it's difficulty themselves.

the classes to start with will vary by opinion i'm sure. the 2 classes i would recommend are priest and necro. they both have long range, giving a bit of safety in battle. they both have a healing skill, allowing room for error without digging into a limited supply of hp pots.
writing a short explanatory guide on the strengths and weakness of classes would allow everyone to make that call themselves.

i don't mean to critique anything you wrote. even in the subjects i debated such as manor, there are good points such as getting used to confuse. it would be better there than ava or O2. i just don't think it's that easy for starting players, as it's not something they can solo without extreme difficulty.

there are some things i've said in op i wish to change around a bit as well. such as "keep moving". this is rather vague, there are times you want to be standing still. i'm still thinking of how i need to word this honestly.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Feb 3 2018 10:53am
Gold: 11,759.50
Feb 3 2018 11:24am
I agree completely with the 2 class suggestions, when starting out range is your best friend. And having the ability to heal yourself while trying to get your pet off the ground is always great.

For expo, just call the lab and go in after 2-3 decent people tp to you. This also works to a lesser extent for abbys / sews

The biggest thing from my personal experience with helping new players, is just how completely underused trading is. The amount of people that try to max themselves, and not utilize trading is astounding.

Starting out, simply farm Sprites / Snake pits. Sell the spd/dex for 8:3 def/att. You'll also occasionally get both from sprites as mentioned above.

After 4/8 you can play it safe and keep doing the same thing, except you sell the def for wis/vit and get 6/8.. Or you can brave slow-walking udl's / abby's / labs.

Providing everything goes well and you're still alive..you'll be 6/8. This is where you'll see a lot of new players hit their peak. And things like "I cant max life because my guild doesn't run many tombs". *cringe*

This is where you need to be in grind mode, and either start getting a 6/8 backup char, or if thats done, 8/8 your current. Use this simple algorithm, subject to change dependent on the market...

Spd 8:3 Def (8:2 if the market is flooded)
Dex 8:3 Def (Sells pretty quick)
Wis 8:3 Def (At the time of this post, there is a udl event, so wis is worthless. Also, sometimes sold at 8:2 in a flooded market, but not very often.)
Vit 8:4 Def (8:3 if market is flooded, not often)
Att 8:1 Life (Can do 4:1 mana if needing to max mana)
Def 7:1 Life (Sometimes 8:1, can do 3:1/4:1 mana if needing to max mana)
Mana 8:3 Life (Fast easy price, if you're trying to stretch your currency, you can piece it out and get a little more)

Using this, patience, grinding, and keeping current with your RE offers (fuck going to trade servers). You can 8/8 just from grinding the safe dungeons. It may not be the most exciting way to get the job done..but sometimes you just need a few 8/8's to feel better about things.
Feb 4 2018 01:10pm
a few more things i plan to add in.

Character Rolling
just because you hit lvl 20, doesn't mean you should be happy. your char stats can vary. this isn't a problem if you are planning to kill the char off for FP later. however, if you plan to dedicate wealth to a char, you may want to take the time re-rolling that character.
the most important thing you are looking for is the hp scale. mana, could determine keeping a slightly lower hp roll than hoped for.
since life pots cost more than any other potion, this is the potion you want to use less of on your character stats.

Lucky Quest Character
once you have a handle on things and have a steady flow of "marks", you may want to think of dedicating a character to opening quest boxes.
the time on lucky clovers, loot drop potions and loot tier potions, freeze when you are not on a char. this means you can use those potions on 1 char and only use him to open quest chests.
this is a good way to get items you are not yet able to obtain through battle.

Mr. Eyeball
there are various ways you can interact with realmeye itself through the game. the list itself is a bit large, so to save text space(for now), i'm linking the list from realmeye.
https://www.realmeye.com/mreyeball
Go Back To Realm of the Mad God Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll