d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Proper Rev Matching
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 484.02
Feb 3 2018 11:02pm
Quote (JDH @ Feb 3 2018 08:25pm)
you should try holding a clutch pedal on a semi. my newer cascadia isnt bad at all but our kenworth with a 6nz cat and 10 speed will test your strength for real especially when youre loading and waiting on a green light to move forward.

i think people are overthinking using a clutch in a factory vehicle where rev matching is completely unnecessary. its a good thing to know how to do because you never know when something might happen to the clutch fork and you cant do shit with the clutch pedal.

at OP you shouldnt need to give it throttle when you upshift but when you downshift you need to give it some. you just need to find out how many rpms your car needs to downshift. in a semi its somewhere around 500rpms but we also dont turn over 2k rpms

If he is shifting so slow that the rpms are dropping back down near idle before he comes off the clutch he will need to blip the throttle to keep from eating the dash pad. Think that's what he was doing from the sounds of it.
Gold: 70.00
Feb 4 2018 10:42am
Quote (FMX_89 @ Feb 3 2018 07:40pm)
Nope it's the opposite haha. With double the surface area you need half the pressure plate load. I actually wish the triple was as stiff as the twin. It may be too soft.

Learned something new today

Quote (JDH @ Feb 3 2018 09:25pm)
you should try holding a clutch pedal on a semi. my newer cascadia isnt bad at all but our kenworth with a 6nz cat and 10 speed will test your strength for real especially when youre loading and waiting on a green light to move forward.

i think people are overthinking using a clutch in a factory vehicle where rev matching is completely unnecessary. its a good thing to know how to do because you never know when something might happen to the clutch fork and you cant do shit with the clutch pedal.

at OP you shouldnt need to give it throttle when you upshift but when you downshift you need to give it some. you just need to find out how many rpms your car needs to downshift. in a semi its somewhere around 500rpms but we also dont turn over 2k rpms

I honestly couldn't drive a semi lol. Can you not just pop it into neutral and back in real fast?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,835.50
Trader: Trusted
Feb 4 2018 02:46pm
Quote (JDH @ Feb 3 2018 09:25pm)

How are those Autoshift semi's? Have you driven that? Apparently some come with a 3rd pedal for these cases.
Gold: 484.02
Feb 4 2018 05:38pm
Quote (ArtofApocalypse @ Feb 4 2018 03:46pm)
How are those Autoshift semi's? Have you driven that? Apparently some come with a 3rd pedal for these cases.

Most people I've talked to hate them
Gold: 1,337,200.00
Feb 5 2018 05:28pm
Quote (ArtofApocalypse @ Feb 4 2018 03:46pm)

worth fuck all. god damn turds.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll