d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > I Need Some Input On My Computer Issue > I Am At A Loss
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 30 2018 02:30am
First off thank you for your time, Whom ever gives me a fix or overall best answer even if it doesn't solve it will get my remaining 35fg

SPECS:
Windows 7 ult sp1 64-bit
AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core 2.40
6gb DDR2 ( 800 mhz)
GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Everything is up to date. I mean everything even the bios. If you have any other questions feel to ask.

THE PROBLEM:
I understand that the computer is older, for sure and can use an upgrade but it performs PERFECTLY when playing games, but here is the kicker... Unless I don't shut it down....

Yeah So this is trailed and errored over the last few weeks and it for sure resolves the issue IF i shut down the computer when going to bed.

I know it seems stupid but i have tested it.

I shut down computer for 8 nights in a row, each night after computer was shut down 12+ hours I'd turn it on and start gaming for 4-5 hours with no issues, Weekend comes up i turn comp on after being off for 12+ hours load up and start gaming 6-7 + hours not a single problem. So then I leave my computer on, it basically goes to screen saver, girlfriend may use it, no gaming generally done, then i get home and start trying to play some games and I can maybe get 1-2 games in, doesn't mater PubG ( Yes it works on this setup very well) maybe some League but then the computer will start to get choppy and hang, My usb wireless card will stop working and then has to be unpluged, my video card drivers stop responding, and computer is overall sluggish.

I thought it was overheating a little, so I cleaned computer yesterday ALL THE WAY. including new sync grease. It made a 7-9 degree difference in the CPU and 17-20 degree difference in the video card, so i thought HOLY CRAP I fixed it. so i left it on, TOnight i come home and BAM 2 games and display drivers crashed twice, and internet card dropped.

Please help

TL:DR ver - Comp runs perfect If I shut it down every night. Runs like shit if i leave it on.
Gold: 10,655.00
Jan 30 2018 03:00am
Get SPECCY here: http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download
...get the FREE version from the: Piriform Link
...Speccy is a really nice system hardware/temperature, information Utility.
...simply install it...and run the program...then post a screen shot of the main page of the program, when posting a problem/question on these forums.

/e P.S. List power supply make/model too, please.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jan 30 2018 03:01am
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jan 30 2018 03:02am
I'll bet a driver is shitting itself and/or there's a related memory leak, have you tried checking for these? What about errors in event viewer?

Truth is it might just be time to reinstall the OS finally
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 30 2018 03:48pm
I start with a fresh install also.
Could be numerous software things I can think of off the top pf my head.
Gold: 152.00
Jan 30 2018 10:31pm
Are you using any power saving settings (e.g. the setting to turn off hard disks)?

Check your power options and disable them all (hard disk turn off, sleep, screen off, screen saver) and then leave your PC on for the day and then try to game and see if you still have the problem. Could be a good starting point for troubleshooting.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll