d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Arduino / Vb Weather Station
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2018 08:12pm
So just wanted to show off a little project I just finished the other day. The weather station itself is running off of Arduino and a Temp/Humidity/Pressure sensor housed outside. And I have a DB that it sends its readings to. On a tablet on the wall I have a VB.net program I worked up in VS running.

Can get Current Data, an animated Radar (from WUnderground) and historical data graphs for the last 10 hours of each of the readings.

You'll notice on the Historical the Yesterday's data is not filled in because after I had it up and running in a generic box I took it apart and put it in its final home, but yeah. It was fun and I think it came out well :)

And until I have the a couple days of data the graphs will be off but yeah!

Current Weather

Radar

Historical Data

This post was edited by Damein on Jan 23 2018 08:14pm
Gold: 0.69
Jan 25 2018 09:54am
frickin awesome man very well done!

Are you using baseline references to determine weather or is that what the radar is for? In other words, is there a particular threshold that must be met in humidity and pressure in order to determine current weather conditions? There are some neat sensors out there (ie. water detectors, water level sensors,etc...) that could be rigged into the system too, to autonomously determine if its raining, and how much it has rained so far. (Just ideas =D)

All in all, sweet fuggin project m8.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 28 2018 11:21am
Actually, the radar / the "Condition" I just sniped from Wunderground haha. Once I move into a home (In an apartment atm) I plan to do a more extensive station (Rain Meters ect. ect.) but for now using this :D

Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll