d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 7 Years For Murder
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Jan 18 2018 02:28pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 18 Jan 2018 21:09)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/18/alleged-arizona-serial-killer-murdered-nine-people-in-three-week-span-police-say.html

How many years is enough, and what people shouldn't see the light of day?
Heres a guy who was arrested for imprisoned for killing someone during an armed robbery at age 18. He got to serve his sentences concurrently concurrently, and even though in prison he was further guilty of assaulting prison employees, drug possession, fighting and 'a sex act', but he was released after only 13 years. Then upon returning to society, he committed further crimes including a DUI, disorderly conduct, setting a post office on fire as an act of terror against the federal government of which he was unrepentant, vowing to continue to set more fires. He was then charged again, and imprisoned again, this time on a five year sentence. Yet he was released a year and a half into this prison sentence.
Even after all of that, he was allowed to walk free. And what did he do? He started murdering as many people as he could, going on a serial killing spree in which he murdered 2 random white men who were strangers, then murdered a random black man, then murdered his ex-girlfriends brother, then murdered two more black men, then kidnapped, raped and murdered a hispanic woman, then murdered his mother, then murdered his stepfather, and then finally he was arrested.

There you go, 10 innocent people lost their lives to this man, and 9 of them were murdered after society granted him a preposterous amount of leniency, allowing him to walk a free man despite a rap sheet a mile long

thats exactly what happens when you dont get rid of them indefinitely the first time

even if you want to make a case for a 18 year old, that second crime "setting a post office on fire as an act of terror against the federal government of which he was unrepentant, vowing to continue to set more fires" was the very last call for a life sentence
thats the least you can do
could post dozends of similar cases from my home country, where even extremely dangerous individuals get "prison leave" (yep we got that here)

in one particular case not too long ago a serial rapist got a "leave day" and they sent one female employee to guard him, he ended up raping her before he committed suicide
you cant make that shit up
Gold: 745.69
Jan 18 2018 02:42pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 18 2018 03:23pm)
You are very sensitive. Damn. I'm not even arguing with you lol.

I'm not the onr making men get paid more or go to jail longer. You're mad at the wrong guy.

No, but you're certainly very dismissive of it and/or talk about it like it's a joke. See, I don't find human rights violations to be funny. Should I expect that you'd be totally fine if you said something about women getting raped and I responded with something like "I'm sure most of them probably deserved it", or do you think maybe you wouldn't find that funny?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Jan 18 2018 02:52pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 18 2018 12:23pm)
I'm not the onr making men get paid more.

P-people still say this?
Gold: 2.66
Jan 18 2018 03:05pm
7 years is a slap on the wrist compared to life in prison. Wtf Canada! You have a bitch ass justice system.

This post was edited by Malignanttumor666 on Jan 18 2018 03:05pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2018 03:08pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ 18 Jan 2018 21:05)
7 years is a slap on the wrist compared to life in prison. Wtf Canada! You have a bitch ass justice system.

Murica has to prove how manly it is by enslaving, torturing and murdering it's criminals. Other countries are more comfortable not being dicks.
Gold: 2.66
Jan 18 2018 03:13pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 18 2018 04:08pm)
Murica has to prove how manly it is by enslaving, torturing and murdering it's criminals. Other countries are more comfortable not being dicks.

There should be no mercy towards people that give zero fucks.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 18 2018 03:34pm
Quote (Magicman657 @ Jan 18 2018 03:42pm)
No, but you're certainly very dismissive of it and/or talk about it like it's a joke. See, I don't find human rights violations to be funny. Should I expect that you'd be totally fine if you said something about women getting raped and I responded with something like "I'm sure most of them probably deserved it", or do you think maybe you wouldn't find that funny?

I really don't think I said anybody deserved anything. They can shoot that bitch in the head for all I care.

Seven years is still a long time to be kidnapped and locked in a cage.

I see a crime and punishment here.

What is the controversy?

Quote (tonerbond @ Jan 18 2018 03:52pm)
https://i.imgur.com/udDyYvi.gif

P-people still say this?

Economist and other social scientist.

Quote (inkanddagger @ Jan 18 2018 04:35pm)
That's why our founders laid out natural rights as the foundation of our nation.

It's a bold move posit something that doesn't really exist as justification for something.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 18 2018 03:38pm
Gold: 10.77
Jan 18 2018 03:35pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Jan 18 2018 11:43am)
I generally ascribe to the notion that if the state is giving you the "privilege" of rights/freedoms by ensuring you have them, then it's within their right to remove them if you violate the laws of society or are burdensome to it.

But the state does not give you your life, so there's no basis for the state to be able to justifiably use capital punishment.

That's why our founders laid out natural rights as the foundation of our nation.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jan 18 2018 03:37pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 18 2018 02:04pm)
Seven years is pretty average for a kill. People get off lighter.

Not a slap on the wrist.

Fuck me dude, there are some people I would absolutely kill if I thought I could get away with only 7 yrs, I can do 7 yrs standing on my nose.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 18 2018 03:39pm
Canada is shifting towards the scandanavian prison model, they have been for some time. It can only be done with a long shift of precedent like this.

why pay for a lifetime for this dumb broad's room and board when instead u can shit her back onto the icy streets where literally everyone knows she's a murderer? if you knew the number of prisoners who hate the free life more than incarceration i think you might agree a shorter sentence in a high profile case is a worse punishment. i'd have released her in 6 months so the public scarlet letter shaming could begin.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll