d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Transgender And Sports/athletics
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jan 17 2018 04:27pm
Quote (Magicman657 @ Jan 17 2018 04:26pm)
I suspect this may partially be due to the people that say shit like "kill all white men", "male tears", "all men are awful", or other similarly inflammatory remarks. People tend to respond pretty poorly to racist, sexist statements, and contrary to popular belief, men are people too. Just saying.

I think its just simple blowback, or backlash. Whatever you want to call the force that pushes back.

So many things can be viewed as a pendulum....a force drove the discourse so far in one direction that it had to be pulled hard back the other direction so that any kind of equilibrium could be achieved. We have been so far from by what Aristotle would call the Golden Mean that our there is barely any middle ground because the sides are so far apart that any middle ground is distant. There are no cooperators, just collaborators and RINOs.

I don't really see people saying the things about men thst you are. I aee a lot of dudes exposed for being creeps and it isn't a particularly good time to be a creep. If I hate a date rape or two in my past I might be nervous. But people are getting sick of the #metoo shot and there will be a backlash from that as well. And its only happening because there is an entire industry where sex is expected, and that wouldn't happen in nursing, IT, etc.

There are some things you can take for granted....

...a recession every 11-13 years with slow recoveries...
...opposite parties winning after two term presidents...
...incumbent party being slaughtered in mid term elections...
...men will need to work on not being creepy and not triggering women. A good start would be not to follow them if you don't know them or mentally measure them and then tell them about it...
...Republicans are pretty much the army of Satan...
Gold: 745.69
Jan 17 2018 04:55pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 17 2018 05:27pm)
I think its just simple blowback, or backlash. Whatever you want to call the force that pushes back.

So many things can be viewed as a pendulum....a force drove the discourse so far in one direction that it had to be pulled hard back the other direction so that any kind of equilibrium could be achieved. We have been so far from by what Aristotle would call the Golden Mean that our there is barely any middle ground because the sides are so far apart that any middle ground is distant. There are no cooperators, just collaborators and RINOs.

I don't really see people saying the things about men thst you are. I aee a lot of dudes exposed for being creeps and it isn't a particularly good time to be a creep. If I hate a date rape or two in my past I might be nervous. But people are getting sick of the #metoo shot and there will be a backlash from that as well. And its only happening because there is an entire industry where sex is expected, and that wouldn't happen in nursing, IT, etc.

There are some things you can take for granted....

...a recession every 11-13 years with slow recoveries...
...opposite parties winning after two term presidents...
...incumbent party being slaughtered in mid term elections...
...men will need to work on not being creepy and not triggering women. A good start would be not to follow them if you don't know them or mentally measure them and then tell them about it...
...Republicans are pretty much the army of Satan...

I totally agree that there are a lot of men that exhibit unscrupulous behavior towards women, and frankly I'm glad to see them getting called out on it. That said, there are also plenty of men who DON'T act that way, and as such, if you're going to generalize men, you should also be prepared for women to be generalized the same way. For instance, if you'd say something like, for instance, "...men will need to work on not being creepy and not triggering women.", then it should be equally acceptable in your eyes to say "...women will need to work on not being gold digging hoe bags that rely on using their vaginas to avoid having to work as hard as the men." Of course that doesn't apply to all of them, but certainly a significant number, just as it is with the men you're referring to.

Let's not pretend like shitty behavior doesn't exist in both sexes (albeit in different forms). The problem here arises when you get the more extreme ends of both spectrums blaming the other side for all of society's problems. I guess my point is, this shit doesn't exist in a vacuum is all.

Gold: 285.00
Jan 17 2018 05:01pm
Quote (Magicman657 @ Jan 17 2018 05:55pm)
I totally agree that there are a lot of men that exhibit unscrupulous behavior towards women, and frankly I'm glad to see them getting called out on it. That said, there are also plenty of men who DON'T act that way, and as such, if you're going to generalize men, you should also be prepared for women to be generalized the same way. For instance, if you'd say something like, for instance, "...men will need to work on not being creepy and not triggering women.", then it should be equally acceptable in your eyes to say "...women will need to work on not being gold digging hoe bags that rely on using their vaginas to avoid having to work as hard as the men." Of course that doesn't apply to all of them, but certainly a significant number, just as it is with the men you're referring to.

Let's not pretend like shitty behavior doesn't exist in both sexes (albeit in different forms). The problem here arises when you get the more extreme ends of both spectrums blaming the other side for all of society's problems. I guess my point is, this shit doesn't exist in a vacuum is all.

Women I work with work pretty hard.
Gold: 745.69
Jan 17 2018 05:02pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 17 2018 06:01pm)

Again, #NotAll. That was kinda the point.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2018 05:12pm
Quote (Ghot @ 17 Jan 2018 21:38)
We should deport all the transgenders, back to Transylvania. :D

Only transvestites come from Transylvania. Transsexual is actually a planet in the Transylvania star system. Hence Frank N Furter's classic line 'I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania... ha ha!'.

Dw, it's a common mistake.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 17 2018 05:17pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Jan 17 2018 05:32pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 17 2018 06:12pm)
Only transvestites come from Transylvania. Transsexual is actually a planet in the Transylvania star system. Hence Frank N Furter's classic line 'I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania... ha ha!'.

Dw, it's a common mistake.

Never heard of any of that. Just thought up the Transylvania thing as I typed.
Gold: 1,495.80
Jan 17 2018 05:47pm
Sports need to be reformed to not have men/women separated
Problem solved!
Gold: 2,617.52
Jan 17 2018 05:52pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 17 2018 02:38pm)
I hope they keep allowing transgenders and destroying womens' sports leagues. The more damage it does and harm it causes to women's stuff, the closer we'll be to confronting the corrosive impacts of identity politics on a larger scale.

And in the meantime, its hi-larious
Gold: 4,786.00
Jan 17 2018 06:12pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 17 2018 07:01pm)

:bonk:
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Jan 17 2018 07:06pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 17 2018 03:01pm)

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List