d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Black Lightning
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,888.88
Jan 17 2018 03:18am
Just watched the first episode.

It is your basic story of an old vigilante who gives up that life to do better for him/herself just to be pulled into it once again. You will figure out the storyline within 5 mins or less watching it.
Gold: 10,025.00
Jan 17 2018 06:09am
Definitely a show about a vigilante not a hero.

Also there is racial propaganda bullshit throughout the entire episode which clashes with the main characters actions.

Spoilers:
Near the start the black guy is pulled over by cops in a case of clear racial profiling, and the show hits you over the head with how shitty that situation is for black people. Constantly going on about it. Then literally the rest of the show is how the ENTIRE city is completely infested with gangs of literally only black people, and the main character attacks 2 police officers and blows up their car. Like fuck of course they are terrified of black people. If you want to make a point and have this anti-racist message spewing from every aspect of your show, maybe try not making the racial profiling (within the context of the show) completely fucking reasonable?

I mean the racial profiling in the real world is not ok, but we also have white, black, asian etc running around in gangs killing people, not purely black people.

Edit: and while I'm in this topic, because I'm probably going to get called racist anyways. What the fuck is with that fist bumpy bullshit in the black panther trailer? I mean I am aware you build your movie for your audience, but why the fuck is some African AMERICAN pseudo-culture gang bullshit in a movie set in a place with a civilization that has been virtually locked off from the rest of the world for hundreds of years. Makes no fucking sense.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jan 17 2018 06:14am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2018 06:37am
Quote (Blah58 @ Jan 17 2018 02:09pm)
Edit: and while I'm in this topic, because I'm probably going to get called racist anyways. What the fuck is with that fist bumpy bullshit in the black panther trailer? I mean I am aware you build your movie for your audience, but why the fuck is some African AMERICAN pseudo-culture gang bullshit in a movie set in a place with a civilization that has been virtually locked off from the rest of the world for hundreds of years. Makes no fucking sense.

yeah its laughably dumb, not supporting this with my money thats for sure
Jan 17 2018 01:58pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jan 18 2018 01:09am)
Definitely a show about a vigilante not a hero.

Also there is racial propaganda bullshit throughout the entire episode which clashes with the main characters actions.

Spoilers:
Near the start the black guy is pulled over by cops in a case of clear racial profiling, and the show hits you over the head with how shitty that situation is for black people. Constantly going on about it. Then literally the rest of the show is how the ENTIRE city is completely infested with gangs of literally only black people, and the main character attacks 2 police officers and blows up their car. Like fuck of course they are terrified of black people. If you want to make a point and have this anti-racist message spewing from every aspect of your show, maybe try not making the racial profiling (within the context of the show) completely fucking reasonable?

I mean the racial profiling in the real world is not ok, but we also have white, black, asian etc running around in gangs killing people, not purely black people.

I guess you have an issue on this subject, yet, out of the entire first episode and ONLY episode you watched, you only surmise based on what you remembered? It is a bit one sided.

Let us re-cap:

The city has been wrought with gangs running wild for 5-9 years, they did not say they were black gangs only, the gangs attacked the peace rally and members of that rally were arrested, including his daughter and non black people. His best friend is the police chief, who is also black, his daughters get kidnapped [also black] by gang members who happen to be black. etc, etc, etc.

Personally I believe it is about a city riddled with crime, not a racial issue, it is your own personal judgement that relays the show being that way, stop being close minded. I am not black nor am I white, do I have some life knowledge about racism... yes, but not as bad as other cultures, I have seen racism from my own kind and they call it their right, I call it radicalism because they live a life infested with European culture right down to the language they speak.

Basically, I find your interpretation wrong, so far, we have to see more episodes to judge, we could call it Police brutality, considering they fired their stun guns at him just because his eyes glowed,... oh how fucking threatening is that in a dark alley with lights flickering.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 17 2018 02:00pm
Jan 17 2018 04:02pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 17 2018 12:58pm)
I guess you have an issue on this subject, yet, out of the entire first episode and ONLY episode you watched, you only surmise based on what you remembered? It is a bit one sided.

Let us re-cap:

The city has been wrought with gangs running wild for 5-9 years, they did not say they were black gangs only, the gangs attacked the peace rally and members of that rally were arrested, including his daughter and non black people. His best friend is the police chief, who is also black, his daughters get kidnapped [also black] by gang members who happen to be black. etc, etc, etc.

Personally I believe it is about a city riddled with crime, not a racial issue, it is your own personal judgement that relays the show being that way, stop being close minded. I am not black nor am I white, do I have some life knowledge about racism... yes, but not as bad as other cultures, I have seen racism from my own kind and they call it their right, I call it radicalism because they live a life infested with European culture right down to the language they speak.

Basically, I find your interpretation wrong, so far, we have to see more episodes to judge, we could call it Police brutality, considering they fired their stun guns at him just because his eyes glowed,... oh how fucking threatening is that in a dark alley with lights flickering.

You clearly didn't pay enough attention to the episode. Either that or you actually didn't understand what you were seeing. Considering who you are I'm guessing both are likely.
Gold: 107.77
Jan 17 2018 04:38pm
Black Dynamite>
Jan 18 2018 12:19am
Quote (Blah58 @ Jan 18 2018 11:02am)
You clearly didn't pay enough attention to the episode. Either that or you actually didn't understand what you were seeing. Considering who you are I'm guessing both are likely.

It is called interpretation based on what is known from life experience and what is taught to oneself... but... it is up to the individual to determine their own conclusion and how they perceive things, thus, I do not know who you are, nor do I try to guess what type of person you are, even though some of my statements reflect that, just remember that those reflections are based on your comments... this is the perception you portray in my opinion, it is not wrong to me, but, it is wrong to you as you are telling it from your point of view, which, I have to say is close minded because you do not have the life experience as some others.

You can not say "Considering who you are..." in your comment, you don't know me, thus your interpretations are based on minimal posts and debates that we have had on jsp... that only equates of 0.5% of who I am, and in a lot of those previous debates, I love to fish comments from young ones while intoxicated... I push those boundaries and in other cases I believe it, but, you would not know which of these are, as you are you, and I am I.

As from your first statement in the quote... you need to look outside of the square, I did pay attention, I did NOT deny your recall of the events in the episode at all... re-read your post and mine, you will notice that I only included things you missed from the show... which by this indication you did not pay attention at all to it, you assumed based on what stood out for YOU.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 18 2018 12:19am
Jan 18 2018 12:51am
White cop pulls over black man because "he fits the description of the suspect" white cop won't tell black man what the description was. Black man says "is the description a black man" then zoom in, close up of white cop mouth as he makes a creepy smug grin and continues to ignore black man as he walks away.

Yep not racial profiling at all.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jan 18 2018 12:52am
Jan 18 2018 01:18am
Quote (Blah58 @ Jan 18 2018 07:51pm)
White cop pulls over black man because "he fits the description of the suspect" white cop won't tell black man what the description was. Black man says "is the description a black man" then zoom in, close up of white cop mouth as he makes a creepy smug grin and continues to ignore black man as he walks away.

Yep not racial profiling at all.

:rofl: really, you forgot "is the description of a black man in a suit..." comment to give your statement more validity, yet you fell for the writer and directors approach to the show, I didn't, I looked beyond that and thought the cop was a jerk and in not responding so he could just BS to his friends at the station that he left a person hanging as a joke... was the intent racist? or was it because he was being a dick? we don't know, so, I chose NOT to assume like you have, haven't you heard of "benefit of doubt!" Yes, you COULD [optimum wording] be correct, but, there is always "benefit of doubt" unless otherwise proven.

Just as in life, do not presume that the actions of a person is what you perceive it to be without proof, and since this is just a TV show, neither you nor I have the proof to counter this... you just lost your argument, give up son, before you make yourself look more like a fool like in previous posts debated by myself.
Jan 18 2018 01:25am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 18 2018 12:18am)
:rofl: really, you forgot "is the description of a black man in a suit..." comment to give your statement more validity, yet you fell for the writer and directors approach to the show, I didn't, I looked beyond that and thought the cop was a jerk and in not responding so he could just BS to his friends at the station that he left a person hanging as a joke... was the intent racist? or was it because he was being a dick? we don't know, so, I chose NOT to assume like you have, haven't you heard of "benefit of doubt!" Yes, you COULD [optimum wording] be correct, but, there is always "benefit of doubt" unless otherwise proven.

Just as in life, do not presume that the actions of a person is what you perceive it to be without proof, and since this is just a TV show, neither you nor I have the proof to counter this... you just lost your argument, give up son, before you make yourself look more like a fool like in previous posts debated by myself.

Ok whatever. You clearly are in your own little world. Enjoy the show buddy.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll