d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Flopps' Playoff Power Rankings 2018 > Divisional Round
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 59,215.34
Jan 12 2018 03:50pm

Here we take a look at the current NFL Standings:

AFC:
1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Jaguars
4. Titans
5. Chiefs
6. Bills

NFC:
1. Eagles
2. Vikings
3. Saints
4. Falcons
5. Rams
6. Panthers

1. Minnesota Vikings: At the end of the day it really just comes down to the roster. The Vikings only "hole" is the QB position, and it's not even that bad, because they're not throwing the ball 45 times a game. In fact, he's thrown for 300 yards only ONCE this season, and they still boast an impressive record in a tough conference. They're going to be running the ball against a weak Saints defense, who seems to slow down as the game goes on. If you watched the game against the Panthers, the Panthers essentially took Ingram AND Kamara out of the game. If you didn't watch the game, go look at the stats . The two totaled 21 touches for 68 yards. My assumption is they do what the Panthers did and ask Drew Brees to sit in the pocket and throw the ball. I'm not sure that's the best idea seeing as how great Brees has been playing and did just play, but I like the Rhodes v Thomas matchup in favor of Minnesota.

2. New England Patriots: If history has shown us anything it's that this team plays it's best when people are doubting them. They have been drug through the media yet again, but as always they will show up on that football field and they will be ready to play football. Players are getting healthy, and the bye week has been good to them. I really do think the key to winning this game is the line of scrimmage (imagine that). Both teams are going to want to run the ball, and whoever does it the best could win. I would never in my life bet against Brady in the postseason, especially one who is so newly motivated. I'll take the Pats in this one.

*Disclaimer* I believe nothing has changed enough between the Patriots and Vikings and their opponents (Titans/Saints, accordingly) to have changed either of their positions.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers: Le'Veon Bell bby what are you doing? You know you have a playoff game this week right? In my head if a player is thinking about next year he's given up on this one. They have the Jaguars rolling in on Sunday and that's a hungry team, and I don't think they need any distractions right now, especially from your star running back. The Steelers are in a great spot. The Jags just played a long, gritty game against the Bills and now have to come to Pittsburgh to play another gritty team. It's not an easy task and they're definitely the underdog. I like the Steelers chances in this, it's just so hard to trust them, it seems like they want to lose these big football games.

4. New Orleans Saints: How about Drew Brees though? Honestly holy shit. The guys run game gets shut down and he's done what he's done his entire career, throw incredible passes while looking like as comfortable as a person can be. He stood inside tight pockets and delivered throw after throw. That one to Thomas towards the sideline was simply beautiful. The thing here is that Minnesota has a far better defense than Carolina. This game should be the most competetive of the 4 remaining, and I'm excited to watch it. My gut and guess tell me that the Vikings deliver at home and have a one sided win.

5. Atlanta Falcons: Devonta Freeman looks like he's on a mission to get back to the Superbowl. They've got a road game against the Eagles this week. It shouldn't sound that easy huh? It's so strange to me because when the Atlanta offense is ON it is ON, but when they're not doing the greatest, it's very mundane. The win against the Rams was very impressive, so they have been moved up. Goff looked shook with how fast the Falcons defense is. He made 4 or 5 throws that were just run down on by a Falcons player. They got pressure on him well, and they really did just outplay a very good football team. They had all their playmakers involved in the game, and they don't look to be slowing down. This is a crucial game though, because getting cocky in the NFL doesn't always go well.

6. Jacksonville Jaguars: I could show you all the incompletions Bortles threw last week that could have made that night much easier on everyone, but I won't. Instead I'm going to focus on what the Jaguars need to do to win this game. Sack Roethlisberger. The dude looks beat. Last game the Jaguars were ALL over the Steelers. Don't forget that these are both young teams playing off of a lot of emotion, and the small 1v1 battle wins all across the field are big. I expect this to be a dog fight of a game. I don't think either side will look too pretty in it, but let's not forget that the Jaguars looked as happy with a 10-3 win as they did when they crushed teams on their way to the playoffs.

7. Philadelphia Eagles: The poor, poor Eagles. Everyone seems to be dubbing them as the worst team left in the playoffs, and it might be close. I said it last week and nothing really has changed. This team is not the same without Wentz. Foles has had an extra week to prepare so we will see what he can do. This team has solid players elsewhere, but without a real leader I don't see any way they beat the experienced, heating Falcons team. It definitely could happen, but I don't see how they deal with the speed of the Falcons.

8. Tennessee Titans: I should have expected another classic Andy Reid meltdown. To not take anything away from the Titans though, they did make enough plays to win that game. There were well, let's use the word: interesting. There were interesting plays in that game. The whole thing practically felt like a shit show. Calls. Voice cracks. TD passes to yourself. It was enjoyable, but forgettable. Neither team felt like they were prepared for playoff football. Silver lining: Derrick Henry is touching the football. He hasn't been spectacular this year, but last game shows what he can do when the gameplan is revolved around him getting going. Sources tell me that Mariota is a lot better when the run game is good, so that could help him as well. Because as clutch as some of the plays he made were, his consistency is wildly lacking, and frankly unpredictable.

As always, feel free to leave your thoughts/comments/rage/love/homerisms/blountisms/etc in this thread.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 12 2018 03:53pm
ty flopps
Gold: 3,500.80
Jan 12 2018 04:00pm
Since your homework is done, does this mean we can dotes?
Jan 12 2018 04:03pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Jan 12 2018 06:00pm)
Since your homework is done, does this mean we can dotes?

yeah for sure

ill get on now

e/ fuck i forgot i was downloading superhot

shit looks dope

This post was edited by Flopps on Jan 12 2018 04:04pm
Gold: 3,500.80
Jan 12 2018 04:05pm
Quote (Flopps @ Jan 12 2018 04:03pm)
yeah for sure

ill get on now

e/ fuck i forgot i was downloading superhot

shit looks dope

I'm still at work for a bit, but my 3d waifu is out of town tonight so I can kill things.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jan 12 2018 04:08pm
good read ty mate
Gold: 5,003.21
Jan 12 2018 04:09pm
Not looking forward to tomorrow.
I badly need Foles to keep from shitting the bed.

Jan 12 2018 04:31pm
Quote (Applecrack @ Jan 12 2018 06:09pm)
Not looking forward to tomorrow.
I badly need Foles to keep from shitting the bed.

Eagles still have a few win conditions, but people are gonna have to ball out
Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
Jan 12 2018 04:34pm
Anything you say, the reverse of that is probably more accurate
Gold: Locked
Jan 12 2018 04:50pm
Pats should be on top, and you know it, too; you're just reverse homering. Viks, Saints, and Steelers in any order imo, depends on which team shows up. All have some ?'s. Steelers have some locker room issues + Ben has been off a few times this season. Vikings are still starting Case Keenum, last I checked. Saints started awfully slow this year, and last week they lost their rushing attack. Brees is still Brees tho, so idk. Hard to say which leads the pack, I might say Vikings > Saints > Steelers. I can live with Vikings > Steelers > Saints, which is what you have.

Falcons obv next. Haven't played their best this season but the regular season is done and they still have the same type of potential on that offense they had last year. If they get hot they're legit, and that defense deserves more credit than people give it.

Jags and Igles next. Sorry Hako, but you put up 10 points last week. Really a question of whether you think having a constant at QB is better (Blake Awful) or Foles, who is a better QB but wasn't the QB that got them here. Both inconsistent, but both can put up points on the right night with some help. Gonna give the nod to the Jags, but it's fuckin' close.

Sorry Titans.

Last week I thought you had the Chiefs too high, which was correct, and thought you had the Jags too low, which was incorrect. We basically agree this week so that is either a great thing or an awful thing.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll