d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Says No To "s-hole" Countries > S-hole People Need Not Apply For Citizen
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14.88
Jan 11 2018 05:25pm
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics/immigrants-shithole-countries-trump/

This is really funny. The President has been quoted as saying ""Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" He was referring to African nations and Haiti specifically. He then said we need more people from Norway. I'm all for it. CNN says it's racist. I think it's to avoid third-world uneducated/unskilled people.

Did this get out to appease his base, because I'm tickled pink. A very nice thing to hear after having some faith shaken over the DACA/Immigration meeting on Tuesday (I think).

How do you people feel? Was it racist? If not racist, is the sentiment legitimate? Is it wrong to prefer high quality people over low quality people?
Gold: 3.33
Jan 11 2018 05:35pm
The statement Trump made in itself is not objectively racist. You'd rather have Norwegian immigrants come to your country who on average are better educated and are more accustomed to a Western lifestyle than Haitians or Africans.

That being said Trump is as dumb as a brick - they're coming from shithole countries because they're shitholes, in contrast to Norway which is a better place to live than the US.
Jan 11 2018 05:40pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jan 11 2018 03:35pm)
The statement Trump made in itself is not objectively racist. You'd rather have Norwegian immigrants come to your country who on average are better educated and are more accustomed to a Western lifestyle than Haitians or Africans.

That being said Trump is as dumb as a brick - they're coming from shithole countries because they're shitholes, in contrast to Norway which is a better place to live than the US.

I met a dude from Norway on a plane who loved the idea of his son moving to the states because it's so much more affordable to be here. Everyone's got different priorities.

Of course they're coming from shitholes because they're shitholes. The main thing is we don't want people from the shitholes. We want to import people who are better than the average American, not worse. It's not like it's too difficult to be better than the average American.
Gold: 356.93
Jan 11 2018 05:43pm
Playing pubg has made me extremely racist, so more power to trump.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jan 11 2018 05:43pm
Gold: 3.33
Jan 11 2018 05:46pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Jan 12 2018 12:40am)
I met a dude from Norway on a plane who loved the idea of his son moving to the states because it's so much more affordable to be here. Everyone's got different priorities.

Of course they're coming from shitholes because they're shitholes. The main thing is we don't want people from the shitholes. We want to import people who are better than the average American, not worse. It's not like it's too difficult to be better than the average American.

Yeah so enact policies that incentivise it instead of calling countries shitholes when you're president of the US
Jan 11 2018 05:47pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jan 11 2018 03:46pm)
Yeah so enact policies that incentivise it instead of calling countries shitholes when you're president of the US

Why not have both?

CNN is pissing their panties right now. Pearl clutching and couch fainting all around.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 11 2018 05:50pm
Pretty funny comment. It's a legitimate question, although why Trump felt the need to use that language in front of people who would inevitably leak it just confirms what we all know, he's erratic and undisciplined.

Now we can spend the next few days watching everyone in the media feign outrage while they blabber on about how America is great because we let immigrants in from the third-world.
Gold: 107.77
Jan 11 2018 05:51pm
They would never admit it, but any at CNN would agree after looking at some pictures..
Also, a lot of talk people saying he used slurs against immigrants from these nations. That sounds like fake news. The countries in question are shitholes, this is an objective fact. But I haven't heard any quotes about the people their being shithole people, although it could be an attempted implication. For what it's worth, I think they're shithole people too, because the whole high violence, low education, low skill populations.
Gold: 4,383.11
Quote (dro94 @ 12 Jan 2018 00:35)

they are coming from shitholes, because they failed to make it better

every place is only as good as the people that are inhabiting it and haiti had plenty of time to work on it as they have won their independence very early compared to others
and all they could manage is to produce an overpopulation that wants to go to the united states

@op
stating a fact can never be racist amd its not wrong to prefer certain people over others, if you want your country to stay the way it is you have no other choice

there is no reason at all to leave norway for the us though, typical trump once again
however there are plenty of places with desirable migrants, especially in asia
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll