d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Official New York Mets Thread > #lgm
Prev1232425262733Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 11 2018 09:06pm
Quote (eboo92 @ 11 Jul 2018 15:54)
Can we please trade degrom I feel so fucking bad for this guy that he is surrounded by these losers

Eh. The whole organization is a bunch of losers xD
Jul 13 2018 05:41am
We gonna see some Tebow Mets fans?

Can’t be much worse than the garbage they send out there every night
Jul 13 2018 12:24pm
Quote (Degens @ 13 Jul 2018 01:41)
We gonna see some Tebow Mets fans?

Can’t be much worse than the garbage they send out there every night

I’d rather not. He’s worse than anyone else. He’s not even close to being ready.
Gold: 73.65
Aug 25 2018 05:48pm
I'm enjoying how well McNeil is doing. I believe he will eventually improve his defense to starting caliber 3rd or 2nd basemen.

I'm still thoroughly upset with Callaway. I don't know what the fuck is going on. Is he being giving orders by Wilpon and the higher ups? In what galaxy does he firmly believe starting Bruce next year in 2019 at 1B, even make any particular valid sense?

My goals for next year:

1) Keep the team healthy. If you have to bench someone or start someone else... IN THEIR RESPECTIVE POSITIONS! Then fine... Our team is going to be deep next year, so we need to make sure players like Cespedes, Thor, Matz, and others can get plenty of rest in between games.

2) Call up Alonso... I swear the Mets frustrate me, because they are afraid of losing one year of control.. The fuck... Our goal is to win next year. I think with this team of youngsters in McNeil, Alonso, and Dunn, (he should be like a mid season call up,) and Nimmo, our offense is only going to get better, faster, and younger/more athletic.

3) SP should be as follows: DeGrom, Thor, Wheeler, Matz, and Vargas. My dad is convinced Lugo should start, but I think Lugo/Gsellman can be deadly as our closers/set up man, with the proper bullpen arms in Smith, and Blevins/Zamora. The problem was we relied too heavily on Lugo/Gsellman, and just burning and tiring them out. But our BP is ranked 3rd in the majors, and our SP will eventually be top 5 next year.

4) There needs to be more communication on the field. There are way too many errors, and too many mistakes that shouldn't happen considering how some of the mistakes are boneheaded plays that should've been corrected by proper management/coaching.

5) It would be an absolute pipe dream, but.. Harper/Machado would literally be the missing piece on our team, honestly. We're lacking that one big time slugger next to Conforto, Nimmo, Bruce, and Cespedes. Adding one of the other in FA/trade would literally complete our roster, and while the Phillies/Braves have a young excellent core, they still need some more time before they can truly shine any further in the playoffs.

Our future is bright. The Wilpons? Not so much. But I have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Aug 31 2018 04:11pm
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ 25 Aug 2018 13:48)
I'm enjoying how well McNeil is doing. I believe he will eventually improve his defense to starting caliber 3rd or 2nd basemen.

I'm still thoroughly upset with Callaway. I don't know what the fuck is going on. Is he being giving orders by Wilpon and the higher ups? In what galaxy does he firmly believe starting Bruce next year in 2019 at 1B, even make any particular valid sense?

My goals for next year:

1) Keep the team healthy. If you have to bench someone or start someone else... IN THEIR RESPECTIVE POSITIONS! Then fine... Our team is going to be deep next year, so we need to make sure players like Cespedes, Thor, Matz, and others can get plenty of rest in between games.

2) Call up Alonso... I swear the Mets frustrate me, because they are afraid of losing one year of control.. The fuck... Our goal is to win next year. I think with this team of youngsters in McNeil, Alonso, and Dunn, (he should be like a mid season call up,) and Nimmo, our offense is only going to get better, faster, and younger/more athletic.

3) SP should be as follows: DeGrom, Thor, Wheeler, Matz, and Vargas. My dad is convinced Lugo should start, but I think Lugo/Gsellman can be deadly as our closers/set up man, with the proper bullpen arms in Smith, and Blevins/Zamora. The problem was we relied too heavily on Lugo/Gsellman, and just burning and tiring them out. But our BP is ranked 3rd in the majors, and our SP will eventually be top 5 next year.

4) There needs to be more communication on the field. There are way too many errors, and too many mistakes that shouldn't happen considering how some of the mistakes are boneheaded plays that should've been corrected by proper management/coaching.

5) It would be an absolute pipe dream, but.. Harper/Machado would literally be the missing piece on our team, honestly. We're lacking that one big time slugger next to Conforto, Nimmo, Bruce, and Cespedes. Adding one of the other in FA/trade would literally complete our roster, and while the Phillies/Braves have a young excellent core, they still need some more time before they can truly shine any further in the playoffs.

Our future is bright. The Wilpons? Not so much. But I have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Good luck. I won't hold my breath.
Sep 7 2018 01:04pm
Quote (Culinary @ Aug 31 2018 04:11pm)
Good luck. I won't hold my breath.

Nimmo, Conforto, Alonso, McNeil, Rosario is a pretty good young core to go ahead with.

I think Dunn and Gimenez will be called up by towards the end of next year.

But I agree, Wilpons is as Wilpons does... Our team is either going to be great on another shitty low payroll in a big market team, or going to once again flunk.
Gold: 27,281.00
Sep 25 2018 02:59pm
just saw a crazy stat...

if the mets scored 4 runs in each of degroms starts he would be 30-0
if they had scored 3 runs he would be 25-1
if they had scored 2 runs he would be 20-6

if he doesn't win the cy young its a joke
Sep 28 2018 07:33am
Quote (eboo92 @ Sep 25 2018 02:59pm)
just saw a crazy stat...

if the mets scored 4 runs in each of degroms starts he would be 30-0
if they had scored 3 runs he would be 25-1
if they had scored 2 runs he would be 20-6

if he doesn't win the cy young its a joke

You can make the argument that he should be NL MVP...

deGrom is the only pitcher in MLB HISTORY to have over 260 strikeouts, 50 or fewer walks, and less than 10 homers allowed, and an ERA under 2.00. His 10.3 WAR leads the MLB, and the last player to league the majors with over 10.00, and not win MVP was Dwight Gooden in 1985, which was arguably one of his most dominant seasons to date.

He should win NL MVP/CY Young...
Sep 28 2018 07:41am
Vargas had a great finish. I think maybe he can bounce back, think his injury was far more serious than it let on. And if so, should've rested him longer.

Gsellman, I really like, but I think his ERA and his inability to stay focused reminds me eerily of Meija/Familia. He has good potential to be a deadly set up man, but closer I think is too much pressure on him.

Also LOLMets, Lugo is being trained again as starter... I don't care whatever spot you put him in, although numbers clearly favor him as BP, but STOP DICKING HIM AROUND!

He has a partially torn UCL... JUST let him pitch and be comfortable instead of forcing his body to inconsistently go through down-swings. Just asking for a injury...

Rosario wins my comeback player of the year.

Conforto bounced back incredibly.

Wheeler if healthy, can be an better ace than Thor, although both are still aces on any other team.

McNeil is unbelievable. I can only hope Alonso shares similar success.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Sep 28 2018 07:42am
Gold: 7,405.69
Sep 28 2018 08:55am
Maybe in the 2020's you guys will actually have a winning season.
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev1232425262733Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll