d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Photography > I'd Love Some Advice
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,632.10
Jan 10 2018 01:30am
A while back I was gifted a Canon Rebel T5 and took a few shots in Colorado but haven't touched it since.

I'm not wanting to tap into giving youtube guitar lessons and was wondering if it would be feasible to use this camera or if I should invest in something else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt
Gold: 2,294.00
Jan 10 2018 09:32pm
I'm pretty sure YouTube caps res at 1080 for most videos. So anything that shoots 1080p at 60fps is ideal and easy to edit(4k takes powerful computer)
I believe the t5 shoots only at 30 fps, but if your not to worried about quality it will work fine! Get a decent lens, or even just the kit lens will do.
Good luck!

Edit,. A good mic will help your quality the most! Especially with guitar videos. I would suggest the Rode Micro mic as it's cheap and decent quality(I have one).
But. The Canon t5 does not have a mic input so you will need an external way to record sound, then add it to the video later in post production. Zoom makes some decent external sound recorders

This post was edited by AugustusBC on Jan 10 2018 09:37pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2018 12:27am
You can use it when you make Youtube videos. I'd love to have that type of camera. Or you can also use it for professional photography. Charge a small fee if other people want you to take their photo.
Go Back To Photography Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll