d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Broke Up After Almost 8 Years > Am I Wrong?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
Jan 8 2018 05:46pm
Quote (DaJockaz @ Jan 8 2018 04:47pm)
I think you werent giving her any orgasm

I mean if you have to ask if she liked it... pretty much means she didnt

Quote (DaJockaz @ Jan 8 2018 04:52pm)
Did not realize this wasnt gc

Feelsbad

I lold I'm now a fan of yours
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
Jan 8 2018 06:03pm
I mean something not negative tho
Gold: 13.95
Jan 10 2018 11:16am
You have been in a relationship for 8 years and without knowing you and your ex-partner's whole journey it would feel wrong of me to speculate on why she didn't seem to feel the need to have sex more frequently and display more affection in general. It could be that she was "off" the relationship for a while. It could be that for her this isn't something that she needed in order for her romantic needs to be fulfilled, some people don't require much. It could be a lot of things that I can't possibly know.

What I do know is that your browsing of articles and forums and what they say seems sound advice for happiness in relationships.
Different people have different criteria of what they want in a romantic partner and relationship, it's important for you to know what those are and that your partner is understanding of them.
Your needs were not being met, you say you communicated repeatedly what you wished would be changed and that it was important for you to be content. Your ex-partner did not put forth the effort for whatever reason. This is very much grounds for separation, you were increasingly unhappy in the dynamic of your relationship with her and from you've posted, it was unlikely to change in the near future.

Having doubts after a separation is normal especially if it was a long-term relationship. But to me it seems like you knew separating was the correct option even if it meant great changes in your life. Change can be daunting, but often it is for the best.
Gold: 180.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 10 2018 01:44pm
Quote (Helloween7 @ 10 Jan 2018 18:16)
You have been in a relationship for 8 years and without knowing you and your ex-partner's whole journey it would feel wrong of me to speculate on why she didn't seem to feel the need to have sex more frequently and display more affection in general. It could be that she was "off" the relationship for a while. It could be that for her this isn't something that she needed in order for her romantic needs to be fulfilled, some people don't require much. It could be a lot of things that I can't possibly know.

What I do know is that your browsing of articles and forums and what they say seems sound advice for happiness in relationships.
Different people have different criteria of what they want in a romantic partner and relationship, it's important for you to know what those are and that your partner is understanding of them.
Your needs were not being met, you say you communicated repeatedly what you wished would be changed and that it was important for you to be content. Your ex-partner did not put forth the effort for whatever reason. This is very much grounds for separation, you were increasingly unhappy in the dynamic of your relationship with her and from you've posted, it was unlikely to change in the near future.

Having doubts after a separation is normal especially if it was a long-term relationship. But to me it seems like you knew separating was the correct option even if it meant great changes in your life. Change can be daunting, but often it is for the best.

this is a total match. beautiful written...
Gold: 5.00
Jan 11 2018 06:16am
time goes by, broken hearts will heal
Gold: 5,496.89
Jan 19 2018 10:56pm
If you're going to be unhappy with the way things are/will be them it is best to end it. Don't expect her to change. She won't.
Gold: 179.00
Jan 20 2018 07:17am
Eight years is a long time, especially when you're young. People become complacent. If communication was not beneficial then perhaps you were right to call a stop to the relationship.

Best of luck to the both of you.
Gold: 180.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 22 2018 01:42am
Quote (Motion @ 20 Jan 2018 05:56)
If you're going to be unhappy with the way things are/will be them it is best to end it. Don't expect her to change. She won't.

exactly my thoughts. asked for years, everytime she promised to improve. nothing happened.

Quote (Taniwha @ 20 Jan 2018 14:17)
Eight years is a long time, especially when you're young. People become complacent. If communication was not beneficial then perhaps you were right to call a stop to the relationship.

Best of luck to the both of you.

thank you bud.
Gold: 1.00
Jan 22 2018 11:27am
Quote (BlackTy @ Jan 8 2018 05:12pm)
nah, asking this because i couldnt understand why she doesnt want any ... u know?

You know some of us humans are asexual, just a thought.

Or maybe she like dat bbc
Gold: 191.00
Mar 13 2018 01:58pm
That's the harsh truth about being in a relationship for a long time and probably the harder of the relationship problems to get through is being comfortable with each other after a long time has passed. And it's easy to go back to those old patterns when I would suggest is trying new things with each other or maybe even counseling
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll