d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Met Rx Bars > Thoughts?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,743.00
Jan 12 2018 01:19am
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Jan 10 2018 06:18am)
For one I don't meticulously monitor my calorie intake, I don't think that's necessary. I'm not worried about the calorie total of the bars, in fact the high calorie total is one of the main reasons why I consume them so much, but I'm interested in replacing them with something "cleaner". I realize hard boiled eggs, almonds, etc. are a decent replacement but this thread was made to ask for suggestions, meaning I think you guys might have ideas that are better than just eating hard boiled eggs every time I would eat a bar instead.

It might be worth noting for this thread that I pretty much eat entirely clean for everything outside of the protein bars and maybe a side sauce occasionally with grilled chicken and crappy whey protein I use for shakes. I've cut 95% of the garbage from my diet.

I actually drink 6 raw eggs after lifting along with my actual solid food for the protein. The problem with consuming raw eggs, aside from an apparent risk of food poisoning, is that it doesn't fill you up (especially when compared with a protein bar) and, according to my friend, is not utilized by your body as effectively as solid food.

If you eat clean 99% of the time and your only bad habit is a protein bar then it will not have enough of an effect itself to alter your physique in any way... a calorie is a calorie your body doesn’t give a shit if that protein bar has 50g of protein or if you eat 7 eggs and get the protein there..
Gold: 450.51
Jan 12 2018 01:34am
Quote (yostraydog @ Jan 12 2018 08:19am)
If you eat clean 99% of the time and your only bad habit is a protein bar then it will not have enough of an effect itself to alter your physique in any way... a calorie is a calorie your body doesn’t give a shit if that protein bar has 50g of protein or if you eat 7 eggs and get the protein there..

Not this shit again...
Gold: 2,900.49
Jan 12 2018 05:46am
Quote (yostraydog @ Jan 12 2018 07:19am)

Right, but assuming the calories are identical you should consider the fact that one option is basically a candy bar and the other is something more nutritious?

I broke down and ate 4 over the last two days and I just feel like I'm fucking up eating them lol. Those and Coke Zero are my two bona fide addictions.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll