d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Met Rx Bars > Thoughts?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,900.49
Jan 8 2018 01:49am
So I eat a shit load of those Met rX protein bars because they give me energy, taste good, are super convenient in that they are hugely available and cheap (they are 2 for 5 bucks out here), have high protein, etc.

But I don't trust them. I know they are probably the single biggest weak link in my diet right now but I don't know what to replace them with or if they are as bad as I think they are.

Anyone have suggestions? Ideally I'd replace eating one with something like a couple of hard boiled eggs, a handful of almonds, etc., but I just keep coming back to them.
Gold: 8,743.00
Jan 8 2018 01:51am

Quote (Kamahl16 @ Jan 8 2018 02:49am)
So I eat a shit load of those Met rX protein bars because they give me energy, taste good, are super convenient in that they are hugely available and cheap (they are 2 for 5 bucks out here), have high protein, etc.

But I don't trust them. I know they are probably the single biggest weak link in my diet right now but I don't know what to replace them with or if they are as bad as I think they are.

Anyone have suggestions? Ideally I'd replace eating one with something like a couple of hard boiled eggs, a handful of almonds, etc., but I just keep coming back to them.

you just answered your own question..?

you clearly know your weak link in your diet, get some will power and cut the trash out

or approach your caloric intake like a smart person and you can manage to continue to eat them so long as you diminish calories in another meal/portion in your day...
Jan 8 2018 04:01am
Quote (yostraydog @ Jan 8 2018 07:51am)

you clearly know your weak link in your diet, get some will power and cut the trash out

or approach your caloric intake like a smart person and you can manage to continue to eat them so long as you diminish calories in another meal/portion in your day...

I fucking hate hard boiled eggs, I can't even swallow them without chugging water lol. If I can't think of anything else I'll have to learn to coexist with them more often :/.
Gold: 361.00
Jan 8 2018 05:59am
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Jan 8 2018 02:01am)
I fucking hate hard boiled eggs, I can't even swallow them without chugging water lol. If I can't think of anything else I'll have to learn to coexist with them more often :/.

I just swallow raw eggs. I pretend it’s something disgusting like cum or something and just slam it down hard
Gold: 1,955.00
Jan 8 2018 08:26am
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Jan 8 2018 07:59am)
I just swallow raw eggs. I pretend it’s something disgusting like cum or something and just slam it down hard

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :rofl:
Gold: 4,922.00
Jan 9 2018 02:08am
Powercrunch bars>
Gold: 450.51
Jan 10 2018 04:25am
Take notes from the Sith Lord himself. You don't even have to swallow. Just turn off your gag reflex and let them ooze down...

Jan 10 2018 05:18am
Quote (yostraydog @ Jan 8 2018 07:51am)

For one I don't meticulously monitor my calorie intake, I don't think that's necessary. I'm not worried about the calorie total of the bars, in fact the high calorie total is one of the main reasons why I consume them so much, but I'm interested in replacing them with something "cleaner". I realize hard boiled eggs, almonds, etc. are a decent replacement but this thread was made to ask for suggestions, meaning I think you guys might have ideas that are better than just eating hard boiled eggs every time I would eat a bar instead.

It might be worth noting for this thread that I pretty much eat entirely clean for everything outside of the protein bars and maybe a side sauce occasionally with grilled chicken and crappy whey protein I use for shakes. I've cut 95% of the garbage from my diet.

Quote (GodisLove @ Jan 10 2018 10:25am)
Take notes from the Sith Lord himself. You don't even have to swallow. Just turn off your gag reflex and let them ooze down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMxI6Ix03kI

I actually drink 6 raw eggs after lifting along with my actual solid food for the protein. The problem with consuming raw eggs, aside from an apparent risk of food poisoning, is that it doesn't fill you up (especially when compared with a protein bar) and, according to my friend, is not utilized by your body as effectively as solid food.
Gold: 0.46
Jan 10 2018 06:30am
Greek yogurt with some frozen fruits? That's what I eat when im hungry
Jan 10 2018 11:01pm
Quote (Betrayed @ Jan 10 2018 12:30pm)
Greek yogurt with some frozen fruits? That's what I eat when im hungry

Actually eating some greek yogurt right now.

I enjoy it but it isn't filling and you can't bring it with you because refigeration, etc.

Probably just gonna need to limit protein bars to times when I'm excerting myself more than usual and justify it by burning more calories than normal :/.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll