d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Back From The Dead, Hoes > Missed You Guys
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,640.00
Jan 5 2018 11:04pm
Decided to come back for some more shitpostibg. How is everyone doing? Any big car plans for 2018?
Gold: 1,500.00
Jan 6 2018 02:14am
ayy buddy, long time. how goes it?

2018, im gunna buy a wagon and keep it this time lol, ive already flipped 3 last year

also, donate
Jan 6 2018 03:42am
How mush u need brah?
Gold: 484.02
Jan 6 2018 11:12am
Nice to see you post up. I have some pretty big plans for my C5Z this year. Carlyle racing 15" conversion spindles are on the way and my Weld wheels should ship out by the end of the month. I need some traction for the power I already have, now that the driveline will hold it. I also have a set of hand ported LS9 heads that I'm getting done to hold down more power. I have a Nitrous Outlet plate kit, standalone fuel cell, NOS Mini progressive controller, and all of peripherals to spray a 200 shot later this year. It should make 1050-1100whp on a 200 shot. Oh yeah 1320 Video finally posted the video of me racing a 900whp Hellcat about 10 times back in August.

I want to run 9.50 or faster on boost and 8.99 on spray. It's going to take a lot of work and some luck to get there but the car should be capable. It'll be up to my driving talent.

I'm looking forward to doing 1 or 2 more 24hrs of LeMons races this year. Road Atlanta in December was a blast.

This post was edited by FMX_89 on Jan 6 2018 11:14am
Jan 6 2018 08:00pm
Wow that sounds like quite a busy start, nice catch with the LS9 heads I’m sure those weren’t cheap. What lemon are planning to use in the upcoming race?

As for me I still have my NSX, upgrading the coilovers to KWv3 and adding a variable ride height cup system (iLIFT) front and rear so I can get it up steep inclines and bumps. I’m finally having the engine cracked open for a full refresh: 9.5:1 pistons, +1mm intake valves, ARP head studs, MLS gasket, billet steel oil gear set, fuel pump, injectors, FPR, flex fuel sensor kit, AEM infinity, 9lb pulley. Oh and a late model 6 speed transmission and stronger clutch/flywheel combo.

I had to save for almost 3 years to pull the trigger on this part of the build, the NSX tax on parts is pretty brutal, transmission alone was ~$8300. It should feel like a totally different car afterwards though, I’m really excited. It’s still slow compared to your Z06, NSXs don’t make big numbers from the C series engine without MAJOR work and money. I should hopefully see around 400whp on 91 and a little more on e85, I drop the car off on the 29th of this month :)
Gold: 1,500.00
Jan 6 2018 08:41pm
Quote (Decom @ Jan 6 2018 01:42am)
How mush u need brah?

All of it

Hahaha or what ever u feel like sharing
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2018 08:45pm
Quote (Decom @ Jan 6 2018 05:04am)
Decided to come back for some more shitpostibg. How is everyone doing? Any big car plans for 2018?

Can’t wait to see the nsx.

Nothing big on my front, making a list now of small adders..

Long tubes
Exhaust “probably Borla”
Gt350 manifold and throttle body
Ford racing CAI
COBB Tune

I already bought winter tires and I’m waiting for them to ship out so I can get them mounted.. Supposed to be a shit winter.

These coyote 5.0s are fantastic..

Jan 6 2018 08:54pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 6 2018 10:45pm)
Can’t wait to see the nsx.

Nothing big on my front, making a list now of small adders..

Long tubes
Exhaust “probably Borla”
Gt350 manifold and throttle body
Ford racing CAI
COBB Tune

I already bought winter tires and I’m waiting for them to ship out so I can get them mounted.. Supposed to be a shit winter.

These coyote 5.0s are fantastic..

Yeah I’ve seen on the news, the east coast is getting rekt. The coyote is a good motor, Ford has really stepped up it’s game the last half decade.
Gold: 484.02
Jan 7 2018 01:40am
Quote (Decom @ Jan 6 2018 09:00pm)
Wow that sounds like quite a busy start, nice catch with the LS9 heads I’m sure those weren’t cheap. What lemon are planning to use in the upcoming race?

As for me I still have my NSX, upgrading the coilovers to KWv3 and adding a variable ride height cup system (iLIFT) front and rear so I can get it up steep inclines and bumps. I’m finally having the engine cracked open for a full refresh: 9.5:1 pistons, +1mm intake valves, ARP head studs, MLS gasket, billet steel oil gear set, fuel pump, injectors, FPR, flex fuel sensor kit, AEM infinity, 9lb pulley. Oh and a late model 6 speed transmission and stronger clutch/flywheel combo.

I had to save for almost 3 years to pull the trigger on this part of the build, the NSX tax on parts is pretty brutal, transmission alone was ~$8300. It should feel like a totally different car afterwards though, I’m really excited. It’s still slow compared to your Z06, NSXs don’t make big numbers from the C series engine without MAJOR work and money. I should hopefully see around 400whp on 91 and a little more on e85, I drop the car off on the 29th of this month :)

I've always liked your NSX because it's such a clean, well modded car. I know the parts are crazy expensive which makes built ones like yours all the more rare!

Our lemon is a 1983 Celica. It's a veteran LeMons car. The basic setup is a mildly built 22RE with a small overbore and a hodgepodge of other Toyota parts. The 22RE has a stock crank, eagle rods, cast pistons, LC Engineering EFI cam, CAI, long tube headers, Accel ignition, Cressida MAF, and Cressida TB. It has a 5 speed W58 Trans and we are running an LC Engineering semi-metallic clutch with a Cubespeed short throw shifter and solid shifter bushing. It has the entire rear subframe from an 87 Supra so we have the nice disk brakes, supra diff with 4.30 gears, etc. Custom cut springs, bushings, and spring rubbers are used with a set of KYB shocks sandblasted and painted black to look stock rounding out the suspension. It is completely gutted of course. The thing is painfully slow even by LeMons standards but the brakes and suspension work amazingly well. The car has finished as high as 6th overall (B class car) on a short course. We finished 41st out of 95 at Road Atlanta in our first race. We had about an hour and a half total time off track due to rookie team hiccups and one driver going to the ER for debris in his eye. Had we maintained our average lap time for just 2/3rd of that time we would have been top 25 which is quite good considering how long the straights are at road atlanta. I was getting freight trained by all but the slowest cars on the back stretch. Some bmws were putting 15-20 lengths on me haha. I could outbrake everyone and run with any car through turns 1 to 5, 6 to 7, 10a to 11. My best lap was a 2:01 and my teammates went 2:04 and 2:09 respectively. We are probably going to enter the spring race at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw SC as it's about an hour and a half away from us. That track is much better suited to our car.

Jan 7 2018 01:48am
Quote (FMX_89 @ Jan 7 2018 03:40am)
I've always liked your NSX because it's such a clean, well modded car. I know the parts are crazy expensive which makes built ones like yours all the more rare!

Our lemon is a 1983 Celica. It's a veteran LeMons car. The basic setup is a mildly built 22RE with a small overbore and a hodgepodge of other Toyota parts. The 22RE has a stock crank, eagle rods, cast pistons, LC Engineering EFI cam, CAI, long tube headers, Accel ignition, Cressida MAF, and Cressida TB. It has a 5 speed W58 Trans and we are running an LC Engineering semi-metallic clutch with a Cubespeed short throw shifter and solid shifter bushing. It has the entire rear subframe from an 87 Supra so we have the nice disk brakes, supra diff with 4.30 gears, etc. Custom cut springs, bushings, and spring rubbers are used with a set of KYB shocks sandblasted and painted black to look stock rounding out the suspension. It is completely gutted of course. The thing is painfully slow even by LeMons standards but the brakes and suspension work amazingly well. The car has finished as high as 6th overall (B class car) on a short course. We finished 41st out of 95 at Road Atlanta in our first race. We had about an hour and a half total time off track due to rookie team hiccups and one driver going to the ER for debris in his eye. Had we maintained our average lap time for just 2/3rd of that time we would have been top 25 which is quite good considering how long the straights are at road atlanta. I was getting freight trained by all but the slowest cars on the back stretch. Some bmws were putting 15-20 lengths on me haha. I could outbrake everyone and run with any car through turns 1 to 5, 6 to 7, 10a to 11. My best lap was a 2:01 and my teammates went 2:04 and 2:09 respectively. We are probably going to enter the spring race at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw SC as it's about an hour and a half away from us. That track is much better suited to our car.

Isn’t there a price limit? How on earth did you fit those mods into your budget?

Honestly brakes and engine cooling are two of the most overlooked parts of amateur racers. A high power car produces a ton of heat as a byproduct of power. And it builds up a ton of kinetic energy that gets converted to heat under braking. Good on you for sorting out the brakes and chassis first.

This post was edited by Decom on Jan 7 2018 01:54am
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll