d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Sprained Ankle > Question
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 4 2018 12:51pm
need help bros, sprained my ankle last friday. nothing broken but defs fucked it up lots of bruising on outer and inside as well as a little on the higher up portion of the outside, i can limp and walk on it with no to much pain, the pain is if i try to rotate from side to side, up and down isnt to bad.

question being , can i start working on stabalizing exercises while its still very bruised?

thanks

also exercises for said thing would be nice
Gold: 5,029.00
Jan 4 2018 12:59pm
Quote (T9000 @ Jan 4 2018 02:51pm)
need help bros, sprained my ankle last friday. nothing broken but defs fucked it up lots of bruising on outer and inside as well as a little on the higher up portion of the outside, i can limp and walk on it with no to much pain, the pain is if i try to rotate from side to side, up and down isnt to bad.

question being , can i start working on stabalizing exercises while its still very bruised?

thanks

Wouldn't put unnecessary/excess pressure on it seeing as it needs to actually heal. Also no one here is a Dr. so asking for their advice could potentially just make things far worse for you.
Jan 4 2018 01:50pm
Quote (orpimpin1201 @ Jan 4 2018 10:59am)
Wouldn't put unnecessary/excess pressure on it seeing as it needs to actually heal. Also no one here is a Dr. so asking for their advice could potentially just make things far worse for you.

yes , i realize no one is a doctor. as with i doubt a lot of posters are certified personal trainers with credentials to give advice on people asking for fitness related help, however people who have had the same issue have directly related experience and give there advice based on it. does that mean to blindly follow what has worked for someone else? no. but there opinion on the subject have they gone through it is beneficial to listen to.
Gold: 5,029.00
Jan 4 2018 04:37pm
Quote (T9000 @ Jan 4 2018 03:50pm)
yes , i realize no one is a doctor. as with i doubt a lot of posters are certified personal trainers with credentials to give advice on people asking for fitness related help, however people who have had the same issue have directly related experience and give there advice based on it. does that mean to blindly follow what has worked for someone else? no. but there opinion on the subject have they gone through it is beneficial to listen to.

Aren't you a robot anyways...?
Jan 4 2018 05:11pm
Quote (orpimpin1201 @ Jan 4 2018 02:37pm)
Aren't you a robot anyways...?

android *
Gold: 0.46
Jan 4 2018 08:47pm
Quote (T9000 @ Jan 4 2018 02:51pm)

thanks

RICE the first week. You shouldn't exercise while you still have pain. Working on stabilising something that is still in pain isn't the best idea. Ull still need to work on it once the inflammation is gone. Also, how did u sprained it. In which position was ur foot?
Jan 5 2018 07:47am
Every person and injury is different. I just sprained my ankle about 2 months ago -- I've had my fair share of ankle issues

My best friends dad is a physical therapist and I did RICE the day I injured it as well as my the ABC's. He recommended to keep it loose and work it out and keep it loose. Most ankle issues are made worse because people stay off of them and everything just gets stiff and then it's hard to get back it's mobility once that happens.

But like I said... every injury is different. Good luck man. They suck ass.
Gold: 11.58
Jan 5 2018 09:44am
to be honest you could still easily have a fracture, you arent a doctor yourself and you dont know what criteria warrant investigation. frankly just based on the bruising i would get a doctors evaluation to see if you need an xray, cause you could have a broken fibula and the longer you let an injury like that go without proper setting and immobilization, the more irregular the healing will be.

Quote (Betrayed @ Jan 4 2018 10:47pm)
RICE the first week. You shouldn't exercise while you still have pain. Working on stabilising something that is still in pain isn't the best idea. Ull still need to work on it once the inflammation is gone. Also, how did u sprained it. In which position was ur foot?

pain is not an indicator of whether something is healed or not. pain goes to baseline WAY before full tissue healing is completed. the biggest mechanism for reinjury in athletes is by far when individuals return to full activity as soon as pain is gone, ie. before theyre completely healed.
Gold: 650.61
Jan 5 2018 12:24pm
Dude, if it's sprained it needs time. Depends on the grade of the sprain, but a grade 3 literally takes more time to heal then a broken ankle and are far worse to recover from.

Go to doctor who isn't retarded and get it checked out. Don't be trying to fucking workout and stretch a sprained ankle
Jan 5 2018 04:48pm
Quote (Betrayed @ Jan 4 2018 06:47pm)

trampoline, landed and foot rolled inwards, right foot.

i did get it checked by a walk in clinic and he said nothing is broken. been doing a little bit of mobility and no pain so far. unless i really push it which i am not
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll