d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Overlord Ii
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 29.00
Jan 17 2018 08:47am
there's like hardly any fanservice at all though.
any fan service you do get is usually kept to Albedo because that's her character. (which is great)

fan service isn't a bad thing nor does it really effect a series as it never really hurts the plot or anything.
people just get easily offended over it because they're prudes, a lot of the time also whiteknight/pc/feminist types too these days. (which is even worse because they're literally obsessing over anime, shit's that's fantasy and isn't even real in this case)

also fanservice pretty much exists in almost all anime is some shape or form.
some of the best anime ever made has fan service and it never hurt them over it.

just admit you want to fuck that white lizard thot and be over it.

This post was edited by Dragonox on Jan 17 2018 08:51am
Jan 17 2018 08:54am
Quote (Touhou @ Jan 17 2018 08:44am)
Sucks Entoma wont have much screen time this arc.

yeah, never really see much of the maids other then Nabe.
who i expect we'll probably see more of later.

i enjoyed that little short series they aired along side Season 1 that was focused on the maids, was cute.
Entoma was an instant fav out of the group.

This post was edited by Dragonox on Jan 17 2018 09:00am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 17 2018 12:18pm
Quote (ZergBer @ Jan 16 2018 08:06pm)
There's not a lot of fan service after that actually

So.... the first few episodes are just terrible, and then it stops? I'll give it another chance if that'a the case, but I fucking loathe that shit. Just completely ruins shows for me.
Gold: 21.78
Jan 17 2018 02:36pm
Got half way through first episode and wasn’t entertained enough to keep watching but I’ll try again another time
Gold: 137.01
Jan 17 2018 06:27pm
Quote (Chuu @ Jan 17 2018 01:36pm)
Got half way through first episode and wasn’t entertained enough to keep watching but I’ll try again another time

The lizardman arc starts off slow then has several climaxes. (This is what I got from reading the manga)
Gold: 21.78
Jan 18 2018 08:28am
Quote (Touhou @ 17 Jan 2018 19:27)
The lizardman arc starts off slow then has several climaxes. (This is what I got from reading the manga)

Alrighty ty for the heads up
Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 19 2018 04:00am
Quote (Dragonox @ Jan 17 2018 10:47am)
there's like hardly any fanservice at all though.
any fan service you do get is usually kept to Albedo because that's her character. (which is great)

fan service isn't a bad thing nor does it really effect a series as it never really hurts the plot or anything.
people just get easily offended over it because they're prudes, a lot of the time also whiteknight/pc/feminist types too these days. (which is even worse because they're literally obsessing over anime, shit's that's fantasy and isn't even real in this case)

also fanservice pretty much exists in almost all anime is some shape or form.
some of the best anime ever made has fan service and it never hurt them over it.

just admit you want to fuck that white lizard thot and be over it.

I watched plenty of shows with echii and fan service, but sometimes they dont belong/blend well with the story.

So yes, fan service can completely ruin a good setting/story development.
Jan 19 2018 10:29am
Quote (Lonzo @ Jan 19 2018 04:00am)
I watched plenty of shows with echii and fan service, but sometimes they dont belong/blend well with the story.

So yes, fan service can completely ruin a good setting/story development.

i can't really say that it does.
it might make you dislike a specific character but in the end it doesn't really have that much effect on the actual plot.

Ecchi series are different though because fan service is like the very foundation for them.
so fan service not used well or the quality off it could hurt them a lot more, especially if the fan service is a major plot point like for example Valkyrie Drive's where girls had to lewd other girls to turn them into weapons.
though not all ecchi series are quite on that level and can be good, but i find alot of the time the plot in ecchi series are poorly written anyways and the things that saves them is the quality of the fan service.
that's why i tend to avoid Ecchi series, not totally because of the fan service but because the writing is poor and not that interesting.

if i had to think of another series i'd point out Occultic;Nine
like Overlord it's not an Ecchi series, but similarly the fan service is kept to one Character.
but i never thought that it hurt the plot or my enjoyment of it, i didn't love the character all that much myself either but she was cute and when her personality changed she was a lot more interesting.
it was still a really nice Sci-fi Mystery series.

This post was edited by Dragonox on Jan 19 2018 10:31am
Gold: 2,420.00
Jan 19 2018 10:18pm
Muh white lizard waifu
Gold: 137.01
Jan 20 2018 10:02am
Quote (Dragonox @ Jan 19 2018 09:29am)
i can't really say that it does.
it might make you dislike a specific character but in the end it doesn't really have that much effect on the actual plot.

Ecchi series are different though because fan service is like the very foundation for them.
so fan service not used well or the quality off it could hurt them a lot more, especially if the fan service is a major plot point like for example Valkyrie Drive's where girls had to lewd other girls to turn them into weapons.
though not all ecchi series are quite on that level and can be good, but i find alot of the time the plot in ecchi series are poorly written anyways and the things that saves them is the quality of the fan service.
that's why i tend to avoid Ecchi series, not totally because of the fan service but because the writing is poor and not that interesting.

if i had to think of another series i'd point out Occultic;Nine
like Overlord it's not an Ecchi series, but similarly the fan service is kept to one Character.
but i never thought that it hurt the plot or my enjoyment of it, i didn't love the character all that much myself either but she was cute and when her personality changed she was a lot more interesting.
it was still a really nice Sci-fi Mystery series.

Fan service ruined SAO for me greatly, they should've stepped towards a more subtle amount like Log Horizon. (Also going to a con and seeing like 50x morbidly obese Kirito/Asuna cosplays made me want to vomit)

This post was edited by Touhou on Jan 20 2018 10:02am
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll