d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > How To Tell Difference When Bl/wh Keys Played?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 95.09
Dec 26 2017 04:45am
So I'm currently going through sheet music practices but have wondered how to the read the difference between when black keys and white keys are supposed to be played on sheet music? (they basically look the same to me on sheet music without any indication of when 1 should be played over the other) Is there a specific hint or something that tells when I'm supposed to be playing the black or white keys when they're on the same note? (ex. B3)

Any input is appreciated, thanks
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Dec 26 2017 09:35pm
Quote (Guo @ Dec 26 2017 06:45am)
So I'm currently going through sheet music practices but have wondered how to the read the difference between when black keys and white keys are supposed to be played on sheet music? (they basically look the same to me on sheet music without any indication of when 1 should be played over the other) Is there a specific hint or something that tells when I'm supposed to be playing the black or white keys when they're on the same note? (ex. B3)

Any input is appreciated, thanks

Black keys = sharps & flats, they will be notated with a # or b. Or they will be notated in the key signature (i.e. what key youre playing in will designate which notes should be sharps or flats) e.g. G major has 1 sharp/#, F major has 1 flat/b and so on. Go google "circle of fifths" and google "key signatutes" for more.
Gold: 1,824.00
Jan 13 2018 01:06pm
the key with its sharps/flats is noted at the beginning of each staff. additional accidentals through the notation are specific to each bar
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll