d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Browser Games > Realm of the Mad God > Rant
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 21 2017 10:26am
when i first logged on yesterday i noticed some lag causing my char to continue running when i wasn't. i should have taken the warning and just logged off.
i've been trying to roll priests all week. yesterday i finally rolled a good priest. dumped all my saved stat pots into it, and headed out to catch some abyss for quest.
i teleport to gl, appears safe. i move a short distance and stop.... but wait... i'm not stopping.... tons of gods show up! "R"..."R"..."R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R""R"
dead

5-6 priests later i finally have a decent roll again. same damn thing happened.

i'm ok with death when it's my fault. i can even take that random bad luck here and there. i can even comprehend how many actions can be performed within a game-tick and acknowledge if i use too many to complete all actions within a tick.
i'm getting rather stressed just watching my char walk into things on his own and refuse to accept a new command as he does so. i'm not spamming every button on the keyboard here.

i've been wearing crap gear just because of this happening so randomly, but often enough that it needs to be addressed.

this game is fun, but this extensive action delay is killing me. quite literally.
Gold: 11,759.50
Dec 21 2017 03:09pm
I lost a 2k bf 8/8 rogue the same way the other day..it's beyond frustrating, mashing the nexus key with no result. Should of never broken my habit of just using alt+f4 to nexus.

Hope you didn't lose that fancy new prot you just got!
Dec 21 2017 03:30pm
Quote (ThePirateKing @ Dec 21 2017 04:09pm)
I lost a 2k bf 8/8 rogue the same way the other day..it's beyond frustrating, mashing the nexus key with no result. Should of never broken my habit of just using alt+f4 to nexus.

Hope you didn't lose that fancy new prot you just got!

no, thankfully i've kept my good stuff in vault. i'm just upset how he keeps running into more and more mobs for no reason. it just seems happen often enough i'm afraid to put gear on

thankfully this issue doesn't often happen in dungeons it seems. although i've had it happen in wine-cellar on the final hallway to O2. ran straight into him...
Gold: 0.00
Dec 22 2017 10:39am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 21 2017 09:30pm)
no, thankfully i've kept my good stuff in vault. i'm just upset how he keeps running into more and more mobs for no reason. it just seems happen often enough i'm afraid to put gear on

thankfully this issue doesn't often happen in dungeons it seems. although i've had it happen in wine-cellar on the final hallway to O2. ran straight into him...

Play on a standalone app like Flash Projector.

I stopped playing for awhile because of this exact reason. I started playing on projector “NOT hacking” and it never happens.
Dec 25 2017 09:54am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Dec 22 2017 11:39am)
Play on a standalone app like Flash Projector.

I stopped playing for awhile because of this exact reason. I started playing on projector “NOT hacking” and it never happens.

i've been discussing this in-game with random people. many users swear up and down by using flash projector, but many others say steam is more consistent.
i'll have to try it out for myself i guess and see what happens.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 15 2018 10:12am
chrome is bad, that much i know for sure.

I got a mouse that when i push a side button backs me off the page, that seems to work well
Gold: 7,698.55
Jan 26 2018 04:10pm
Steam version is fine to be honest, if you get lag on steam version it's either because servers are lagging which doesn't happen much, or you're lagging (most likely correct).
Jan 27 2018 11:50am
i've been sticking with steam. i've found that this really only happens in populated servers. as long as i don't spend much time on a populated world without restarting client, i'm avoiding my original issue.

removing ally projectiles and particles also really helped. memory lag was big after an oryx fight before doing this.
i still have some issues with ocean trench, but this graphics card is integrated so.. that is why. the bubbles are honestly too much for this pc.

if anyone is having similar issues, screw with settings. i pretty much only keep enemy particles and hp bars active. at this point in time, i'm generally not having issues as long as i'm restarting client every couple hours
Gold: 14.78
Feb 1 2018 07:26am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 25 2017 10:54am)
i've been discussing this in-game with random people. many users swear up and down by using flash projector, but many others say steam is more consistent.
i'll have to try it out for myself i guess and see what happens.

flash is the way to go 100%

Just be sure to use Flash Projector 18, the newer ones seems to run a little slower I hear, But I've never tried the newer (v22 iirc) personally.
Go Back To Realm of the Mad God Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll