d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball >
Poll > Who Would You Rather See Fail?
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.72
Dec 14 2017 05:24pm
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Dec 14 2017 06:14pm)
When Net Neutrality is killed big corporations can pay big internet to slow down to the point of inaccessibility for competing companies.

For how it can effect you directly.
Unless you pay for high quality top of the line internet. Internet companies can do whatever they feel like with your bandwidth.

I personally dealt with this pre in 2010 or something with verizon.
Now, because I'm not a poor college kid living with my parent. It won't effect me again. #collegeeducationprivilege

So from this post, all I see are cons. It must have some kind of pros for us otherwise it wouldn't get to the point of possible fruition. Wouldn't the vast majority of the American population oppose this?
Gold: 3,100.00
Dec 14 2017 05:25pm
Quote (AmineA @ Dec 14 2017 04:17pm)
There's no when about it it's already dead barring a lawsuit.

Also ISP's can block content as well as throttle speeds and provide "fast lanes". Also the FTC (different from the FCC) is almost powerless to do anything about it despite the FCC promising transparency.

ISP's cannot block content regardless of NN being killed. I won't look up the code as I don't have the time to do so. But this is fake news/alternative facts.
They can however make for example CNN unvisitable if paid to do by a competing company. AKA you'll get a perma loading circle.

Heres a good way to look at the internet without NN.
Lets be clear tho, Obama appointed the verizon schill. Trump could've said no, but he didn't.
It's both their faults.

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on Dec 14 2017 05:26pm
Dec 14 2017 05:27pm
Quote (SaF8 @ Dec 14 2017 04:24pm)
So from this post, all I see are cons. It must have some kind of pros for us otherwise it wouldn't get to the point of possible fruition. Wouldn't the vast majority of the American population oppose this?

The vast majority do, however they don't need a public vote to kill NN.
It's 5 people, and with the verizon schill being appointed by Obama, and not being stopped by Trump. The vote went 3-2 for killing it.
The old white guy whom the verizon schill replaced was going to kill NN. But due to public outcry he rethought his stance.

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on Dec 14 2017 05:29pm
Gold: 3,800.00
Dec 14 2017 05:33pm
Quote (SaF8 @ Dec 14 2017 04:24pm)

83% Of The American population oppose this
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Dec 14 2017 05:33pm
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Dec 14 2017 07:25pm)
ISP's cannot block content regardless of NN being killed. I won't look up the code as I don't have the time to do so. But this is fake news/alternative facts.
They can however make for example CNN unvisitable if paid to do by a competing company. AKA you'll get a perma loading circle.

Heres a good way to look at the internet without NN.
Lets be clear tho, Obama appointed the verizon schill. Trump could've said no, but he didn't.
It's both their faults.

https://www.unbelievable-facts.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/internet-bundling-3.jpg

Obama appointed him to the FCC but not in capacity as comminisioner... trump appointed him to FCC commisioner. I mean you can pin a little blame on Obama if you want but that's besides the point.

Making a site unvisitable is analagous to blocking it youre splitting hairs...
Dec 14 2017 05:36pm
Quote (SaF8 @ Dec 14 2017 07:24pm)

The only pro's are companies like Verizon & Comcast can make more profit, almost everyone else loses...

About 80% of americans oppose repealing NN. Including up to 3/4ths of republicans.

The irony is repealing NN will hurt conservative news sites more than liberal ones, hence why Trump is scared of the AT&T/comcast merger.
Gold: 5,000.00
Dec 14 2017 05:40pm
Tamura is part of the 17%
Gold: 27,873.00
Dec 14 2017 05:41pm
Once KimClown comes back i'm gonna pay 5fg to search his old posts and find some juicy ones to report to get him 50%
Dec 14 2017 05:43pm
Quote (AmineA @ Dec 14 2017 04:33pm)
Obama appointed him to the FCC but not in capacity as comminisioner... trump appointed him to FCC commisioner. I mean you can pin a little blame on Obama if you want but that's besides the point.

Making a site unvisitable is analagous to blocking it youre splitting hairs...

I'm not splitting hairs, I'm sorry you think I am but there is nothing I can really do about that.
Many myself included believe this is the first step to actually blocking x sites. But as of right now, that's not the case. Give it a year.

The Verizon schill was clearly bought by his Verizon overlords years and years ago. Why he was put anywhere near the FCC is illogical as fuck. Then he was allowed to stay? Fuck that.
I'm sure he'll enjoy his giant ass house with 16 yachts though. He did his job and his Verizon overlords will pay him well.

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on Dec 14 2017 05:44pm
Dec 14 2017 05:48pm
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Dec 14 2017 07:43pm)
I'm not splitting hairs, I'm sorry you think I am but there is nothing I can really do about that.
Many myself included believe this is the first step to actually blocking x sites. But as of right now, that's not the case. Give it a year.

The Verizon schill was clearly bought by his Verizon overlords years and years ago. Why he was put anywhere near the FCC is illogical as fuck. Then he was allowed to stay? Fuck that.
I'm sure he'll enjoy his giant ass house with 16 yachts though. He did his job and his Verizon overlords will pay him well.

Uhm okay

And yes it's a massive conflict of interest.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll