d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Can Someone Give Me Understanding And Prayer? > I'd Just Like Some Input
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 7 2017 09:02pm
Hi. This is my first post to introduce myself in this section of d2jsp.

I was raised as a Catholic and questioned church since I was a boy. I didn't understand how Catholic priests could be doing unspeakable things to children and be priests! How could God allow these priests to be our "leaders" in the church? I didn't really feel God's presence in my church and felt that something was not right. I mentioned this to my parents, but they insisted that I go to church and obey, so I did. I understood their position. Church helps to teach morality. Unfortunately, churches are also hospitals for the broken. Sometimes, it isn't good to be around so many broken people, as peers have a great impact on our personal development. After I moved out of my parents' house, I believed in God and always felt his love. Unfortunately, I was confused as to which church I should attend. When I was younger, I felt that church was a chore and not an obligation. I was distracted by the natural world and began to lose my focus on the spiritual realm. I didn't understand at the time that God wants a relationship, not necessarily religion.

At age 12, one of my friends hung herself. Her name was Amanda Warnock. She lived in my neighborhood and attended my church at the time. She was bullied at school and couldn't handle the embarrassment. She gave up at such a young age, back in 2001. Then, in 2006, one of my other friends hung himself. He was in a depression and was lost as a young man--his name was Kyle Copija. Then, in 2011, my best friend hung himself...his name was Kyle Brooks (he was KsB3xX@d2jsp). I used to play games with Kyle Brooks for hours and hours on end, and he had a great sense of humor. His own father committed suicide when he was very young, now Kyle continued the cycle, and his own son is fatherless. Then one of my friends, Joab Hudson, drown behind his house. I believe Joab may have had an issue with someone and was killed due to the details of his death that I've researched. Joab took me in when I was homeless in 2008. All he asked is that I help to take him to and from work. I lived with him for a month without him ever asking me for anything. Another friend of mine, Tony Seda, died in a motorcycle accident in October of 2011. Tony was a police officer for Hall County. He and I used to talk about making our cars look all fancy and street racing. Then, Bernard Jacques, one of my coworkers from Publix died in a car accident in October of 2011, a couple of weeks after Tony. Then, lastly, Monique was was murdered. I like to call her my "ex," however we were never exclusive. We met on the YMCA swim team and she was amazing academically and extracurricularly. Monique was an angel on earth and never had an issue with a single person. That's seven deaths in total, but five of those deaths happened between 2011 and 2012... The Enemy tried hard to destroy my faith in God, but he ultimately failed--as he always does. He took some of my closest friends, but I will forever remember them.

I was then diagnosed with depression in 2013 and obsessive anxiety in 2016. The obsessive anxiety was due to the "seven phenomenon" specified below and overanalyzing everything. From 2005-2014 I struggled with my own self pity and did many things I regret. Right now, I'm taking medication for depression and anxiety, but I'm slowly weening off the anxiety medication. After speaking with my psychiatrist and explaining that God can make me less dependant on medication, she agreed that I can try to take less here and there. Oh, and my counselor went to seminary school. I was amazed when he told me this. Yes, I have a psychiatrist and counselor, lol. Now my counselor and I have discussions about God rather than me venting about issues in my life. I no longer have issues. Now I'm proud to say that I'm a member of a great non-denominational Christian church. I'm in a ministry and I'm taking classes in a school of ministry. The place I'm staying is also a reentry program, so sometimes there can be issues with roommates. However, when there are problems, they are typically resolved swiftly. I have prayer/devotion for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening, with the exception of Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, when I attend service. In exchange for my food, shelter, transportation, and religious teachings, I help in my church 5-6 days per week by cleaning or preparing for events. By being less distracted and more focused on God, everything has changed. I've discussed all of my past with my senior pastor (apostle) and several other pastors at my current church. I want understanding.

I thank God for everything he's done in my life and for helping me to get back on my feet. Please pray that I continue to become stronger with Christ. Pray that I gain understanding of the Word and guidance. Pray that I continue to find success in my life.

If you can find the time, please let me know what you think about my seven phenomenon. I try to get input from everyone I can, lol. I know it seems crazy, but it's very real and can be verified.

Seven Phenomenon

Coincidences:
First name: XXXXXXX = 7 letters (not typed due to security)
Middle name: XXXXXXX = 7 letters (not typed due to security)
Last name: XXXXXXX = 7 letters (not typed due to security)
Birth city: Dunedin = 7 letters
Birth state: Florida = 7 letters
Birth year: 1987 = 1+9+8+7=25, 2+5=7
Birth date: 14th = 14 is divisible by 7
Raised in Georgia = 7 letters
Height: 5'10" = 70 inches = 7+0 = 7
First school: Kennedy = 7 letters
First teacher: Jackson = 7 letters
First girlfriend: Jessica = 7 letters
Attended St Matthew's Church through childhood = "Matthew" is 7 letters

Street names of previous residences from childhood, in order
Candler = 7 letters
Deer Run = 7 letters
Wyngate = 7 letters

The seven tragedies of my life:
(all deaths were of unnatural causes)

Amanda Warnock - May 6, 2001 (suicide - Winder, GA)
Obituary: http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/amandawarnock/MemorialSite.aspx

Kyle Copija - September 4, 2006 (suicide - Auburn, GA)
Obituary: http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/archive/obituaries/article_5490ea8e-b513-56f5-b8ca-82026a067521.html

Kyle Brooks - February 11, 2011 (suicide - Winder, GA. Was my best friend at the time. His d2jsp account was KsB3xX)
Obituary: http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/archive/kyle-brooks/article_7c38e97d-90ee-5acd-91be-033eb47da2d0.html

Joab Hudson - March 7, 2011 (drown, mystery - Auburn, GA)
Obituary: http://onlineathens.com/stories/030911/cop_796714628.shtml#.WhuXPlWnGM8

Tony Seda - Oct. 5, 2011 (motorcycle accident - Flowery Branch, GA)
Obituary: http://www.barrowjournal.com/archives/5865-Hall-County-deputy-killed-in-motorcycle-accident-was-AHS-grad.html

Bernard Jacques - October 24, 2011 (car accident - Lawrenceville, GA)
Obituary: http://www.cbs46.com/story/15862313/gwinnett-police-are-investigating-fatal-accident

Monique Marlowe - September 12, 2012 (murdered - Duluth, GA)
Obituary: http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/100k-offered-woman-2012-murder-duluth-rental-car-facility/qyAnILxNJalgDCrkDQ9VbI/

This post was edited by NET on Dec 7 2017 09:30pm
Gold: 20.00
Feb 18 2018 01:07am
Glory to God for your journey and where you are today. I am blessed to read your story my brother. I pray your faith grows everyday as you continue to devote your life to Him.

As for your fascination for the number seven. Here is my humble opinion. I think everybody, including me, have varying levels of interest in the matters of trying to interpret life. When we see patterns (yours is the fascination with the number seven) and then continue to see a lot of these patterns pop up in life, I believe we can become obsessed with it. From this obsession, we can interpret them as 'signs' or 'answers' depending your level of interest. Next, we associate these patterns or 'signs' and apply them to our understanding where we see fit. Ultimately, we are trying to make sense and meaning of things that are honestly not that important. Don't get me wrong, I am sorry for your losses, but to get meaning from them by associating them with the number 7 is daunting task and you will never find the truth behind it. Of course it is a very interesting matter but not very pragmatic. I'd say focus on other parts of your life and continue being successful. I am proud of you as a fellow brother in christ and encourage you to continue to be successful!
Gold: 2.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 2 2018 07:01am
Quote (Elior @ Feb 18 2018 03:07am)
Glory to God for your journey and where you are today. I am blessed to read your story my brother. I pray your faith grows everyday as you continue to devote your life to Him.

As for your fascination for the number seven. Here is my humble opinion. I think everybody, including me, have varying levels of interest in the matters of trying to interpret life. When we see patterns (yours is the fascination with the number seven) and then continue to see a lot of these patterns pop up in life, I believe we can become obsessed with it. From this obsession, we can interpret them as 'signs' or 'answers' depending your level of interest. Next, we associate these patterns or 'signs' and apply them to our understanding where we see fit. Ultimately, we are trying to make sense and meaning of things that are honestly not that important. Don't get me wrong, I am sorry for your losses, but to get meaning from them by associating them with the number 7 is daunting task and you will never find the truth behind it. Of course it is a very interesting matter but not very pragmatic. I'd say focus on other parts of your life and continue being successful. I am proud of you as a fellow brother in christ and encourage you to continue to be successful!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story. I apologize for just now getting back to you, but I stopped tracking the topic. I didn't think anyone would ever take the time to read my story, much less help me understand it. I agree and have finally come to the conclusion that you're absolutely right. We are trying to make sense of things that are not that important. Thank you for caring for my losses, as they greatly impacted me. After I would recover from one, another would just happen. It was like Satan was taking my closest friends from me, it was awful. Luckily, that long season is over. Although I didn't feel that I reaped anything from that harvest, I did. I learned many great lessons and it helped to build me as a man. I'm thankful for my journey.
Gold: 70.69
May 7 2018 06:08pm
I will say 7 is def one of God's favorite numbers just from what i have read in the scriptures

but trust not in the numbers and trust in God Pray to Him and then Meditate to hear the answers

but i also agree with Elior
Gold: 192.19
May 16 2018 02:30pm
Sorry for your losses. I agree with elior that youre obsessing a little bit over the number seven. I'll send a prayer your way
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic