d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Need New Work/play Computer > Audio Engineering, Video Editing, Gaming
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Dec 5 2017 01:29pm
Budget: 2300-3000 CAD

More specific use (what games, what programs): Audacity, multi track recording, audio editing with mild Video Editing. PS use here and there

Planned time until purchase: Before Jan 1st

Do you need an Operating System?: Yes

Do you have any specific preferred components?: I've done the great big gaming computers - but I'm looking for good performance in as compact of a form as possible. I would love to see this as a Ryzen build, as all my previous builds have been AMD driven.

Do you need a sound or wireless card?: Audio Card with support for 6.3mm Audio Cables for Studio Monitors, Wireless card if possible

Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: Would like a Corsair H80 system

Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: New Mouse and Keyboard wouldn't be a terrible idea. I'm using the Black Widow Ultimate that I've had now six years. Still works, but it's worn. Would like another mechanical keyboard - I love the tactile noise

Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): Canada - Saskatchewan S9V0N8

Pretty much, I do music recording at home for myself and friends. It's a hobby, but my old build is starting to crap the bed finally. I was more of a gamer when I built this one, so I did dual 6970 Saphire in Crossfire, 32GB Ram, Corsair H80, Gigabyte UD3+ mobo with FX8350, etc etc

I'm not looking for that kind of gaming performance, I want more audio capabilities. monitor not required, I do however use a 52" 4K TV as my monitor, so a capable card that won't crap out easily.

If this is even possible, I would absolutely love a mini itx build that I can move around as needed

I'm not against an intel build by any means. But the most I can fit in a small case would be optimal.

An Idea of my previous build

Quote (Moink @ Dec 2 2011 06:37pm)

Page 11 of Show Off Your Area

This post was edited by Moink on Dec 5 2017 01:33pm
Dec 7 2017 12:41pm
Really?
Gold: 1,988,718.00
Dec 7 2017 01:58pm
Maybe something like this could be an idea: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77256391&f=189
Dec 13 2017 09:07am
Quote (ZwiX @ Dec 7 2017 02:58pm)
Maybe something like this could be an idea: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77256391&f=189

Pretty good set up man, real clean

Anyone else have any build ideas?

Gold: 1,488.06
Dec 15 2017 05:33am
its $300 and change atm over your budget.. but for music composition/recording this should more than suffice for buffering/compilling, and for gaming/video editing, this should also have no problems.. i couldnt however incorporate wifi and your audio on a micro itx form.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/q6zPtJ

... theres a lot of self righteous people on here, that wont give a build in fear of others "hate commenting", and those who only troll and throw hate to those who do try and help someone else out. to those people.. dont comment; just design a build, and leave it at that..
Dec 15 2017 05:48pm
Quote (Canadian_Born @ Dec 15 2017 06:33am)
its $300 and change atm over your budget.. but for music composition/recording this should more than suffice for buffering/compilling, and for gaming/video editing, this should also have no problems.. i couldnt however incorporate wifi and your audio on a micro itx form.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/q6zPtJ

... theres a lot of self righteous people on here, that wont give a build in fear of others "hate commenting", and those who only troll and throw hate to those who do try and help someone else out. to those people.. dont comment; just design a build, and leave it at that..

I appreciate the build out - and to be honest I don’t need the sound card, I use a USB interface that has my aux ports but it would have been slick to have the Audio Monitors plugged underneath rather than above

Gold: 1,488.06
Dec 15 2017 06:22pm
Quote (Moink @ Dec 15 2017 07:48pm)
I appreciate the build out - and to be honest I don’t need the sound card, I use a USB interface that has my aux ports but it would have been slick to have the Audio Monitors plugged underneath rather than above

creative also has a front panel (takes up a bay like a BR/dvd/cd burner) that plugs into the audio card. it has the 6.5mm input and output, along with midi, optical audio in/out and a remote control sensor. i have it for my Fatality edition audio card, and in my composing rig i have the audigy 2 series with almost the same front panel. the front panels are an add on for the audio card, not always sold together. i found mine on ebay for a few bucks.

image of the fatality x-fi follows.

Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll