d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Searching For Some Nerd That Can Help Fix My Lag! > Fps Dropping Like Hell!
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 5,150.00
Dec 7 2017 02:03am
Quote (TheElderGod @ Dec 7 2017 09:20am)
I read about some new update from win 10 affected the Search function witch in some moments can put your HDD to 100% ... maybe this happens to you when you have lag drop !!
You can dissable the Search function to see if there are improvements :

Hit Start, type “services,” and then click the result.
https://i.imgur.com/xmFNA52.png

On the right-hand side of the “Services” window, find the “Windows Search” entry and double-click it.
https://i.imgur.com/0znWeTy.png

In the “Startup type” drop-down menu, select the “Disabled” option. This will prevent Windows Search from loading the next time you start your computer. Click the “Stop” button to go ahead and stop the Windows Search service now. When the service has stopped, click “OK.”
https://i.imgur.com/Ebgki2J.png

If you want to turn Windows Search back on, all you have to do is return to it in the Services window, change the “Startup type” option back to “Automatic,” and then click Start to start the service back up.

Thanks, i did what you typed in the guide, hope it helps me but i doubt it.

if anyone has any other guides to make it possible fastere, post them up please!

And thanks for all the replies, still waiting for more!
maybe some configuration of my graphic settings,
maybe some help to overclock my screen to 120hz as it says it can run,
but my screen turns black when i try to overclock it :(
Gold: 0.00
Dec 7 2017 03:48am
What temps do you have you the graphics card & cpu? Sure it's not overheating?

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

That will help whenever you make posts :) will show what you have & the temps to go along with it

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Dec 7 2017 03:51am
Dec 7 2017 04:34am
Quote (NorthWestern @ Dec 7 2017 11:48am)
What temps do you have you the graphics card & cpu? Sure it's not overheating?

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

That will help whenever you make posts :) will show what you have & the temps to go along with it

70cpu 65 graphic while playing cs go. still fps dropping ><
especially when i go into smoke..
Gold: 0.00
Dec 7 2017 04:49am
Sooo.. I was just looking into it & there are a ton of people with higher end systems & having the same issue you are. They are saying it happened a few months ago during one of the major updates & they have a few console commands you can try & see if it makes it better.

I think it's a cs go issue & not a pc related issue. Also don't think Diablo & cs go are being slowed down by the same problems

Just do a quick Google search for "fps drop cs go" & you will get a ton of new results

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Dec 7 2017 04:50am
Dec 7 2017 05:45am
Quote (NorthWestern @ Dec 7 2017 12:49pm)
Sooo.. I was just looking into it & there are a ton of people with higher end systems & having the same issue you are. They are saying it happened a few months ago during one of the major updates & they have a few console commands you can try & see if it makes it better.

I think it's a cs go issue & not a pc related issue. Also don't think Diablo & cs go are being slowed down by the same problems

Just do a quick Google search for "fps drop cs go" & you will get a ton of new results

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Second;
oshit, i didnt think google existed.
Ironic ofcourse, I allready saw all those guides and tried them all mate.
Thats why i am looking for a person who can help me personally :-)
Gold: 3,840.00
Dec 8 2017 09:04pm
firstly, i'd like to say since you're on a laptop, you're guaranteed to have eventual problems. secondly i'd like to say that Windows 10 could be making your problems worse, so if you are able to downgrade to windows 7 (which may not be possible, because laptops these days tend to have windows 10 only drivers) i'd recommend doing so.

anyways

when it comes your refresh rate, you should not be using nvidia to change those settings. do that within windows itself. if the option is not there, your monitor does not support that refresh rate.

many laptop monitors are created as 59 hz monitors whilst recognizing as 60 hz monitors. this alone could be causing your issues. since it's MSI, this probably isnt the case.

as for CSGO, it sounds like Windows is restricting your refresh rate according to the desktop.
Windows 7 also had this problem with it's aero graphic option. although using the normal fullscreen mode should mitigate this. if you're using windowed fullscreen, or playing in a window, you'd have to disable all desktop graphic options because dwm.exe (microsoft's desktop window manager) limits the frame rate of any window on the desktop to 30.

for Windows 10, i have no idea how to work around it. the OS has so many fundamental problems that haven't been fixed since it's release.

no idea if this helps you or not, but i hope it provided some insight
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic