d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Warframe > Staying Safe When Trading Plats, Etc.
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 46,477.26
Nov 24 2017 12:21pm
Hey, as recent history shows some people unfortunately got ripped of by a scammer, he was caught as a reseller, and many people got their platinums removed, which led to, some people getting into negative platinum balance, which restricts/bans you until you buy platinum until you get to 0 or positive platinum value.

So for this to not happen again I decided to post a topic that may decrease your chances of getting scammed.

• Do not trade MR2-4 accounts, if you see a naked ugly excalibur wanting to trade u platinum (give u) think twice. There is only one way such low account can have plenty of plats and I will not write it here for now since its super rare occurence.
  • Ask the seller how they got their platinum, a legit user will usually be able to explain how he obtained it.
  • Add a golden or silver mod, shitty prime blueprints if you can instead of shitty bronze mod (not necessary, but just to be safe.

Like any other game, do not mention jsp, fg, etc. that would lead back to this site ingame, hell just talk on pm's, or add on steam or something.

Can't think of anything else, will edit if I think of something else.
Feel free to post more advices.

This post was edited by OwNii on Jun 8 2018 11:09am
Gold: 0.00
Nov 24 2017 06:05pm
This x100 lost plat as well quite annoying! Lessons learned though :)
Retired Moderator
Gold: 114.00
Nov 24 2017 08:45pm
If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.
Gold: 664.00
Nov 26 2017 09:09pm
Because this is a Free to play game it is very easy to set up multiple accounts and get them to MR2. Frequently gold sellers / plat sellers will use accounts like this as 'throwaway' accounts. They will buy currency to fill their orders and then a day, two days, a week or a couple months go by and there's a chargeback for the money spent. Since its a F2P game on a throwaway account there's no worries about Steam banning the account, the bank/CC still refunds the purchase. This then results in the buyer getting completely screwed over because there's no guaranteeing your purchase unless you bought it direct. You can see this as a fairly common occurrence on other sites that do direct RMT trades for games specifically like Warframe with a F2P model allowing gifts or trades like this.

I'll add a step to your suggestions.

-- Always add the seller on Steam and check out their profile. If they have multiple games in their library, multiple achievements and a high MR (8+ would be my threshold) ingame, then they would appear to be a legit seller.
Dec 22 2017 08:16am
Bumping this so people see it, could be helpful.
Mar 21 2018 04:06am
:bouncy:
Go Back To Warframe Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll