d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Sao Ordinal Scale
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,272.08
Nov 22 2017 02:15am
Just watched it. I liked it, was satisfied as it provided what the one thing that the anime didn't provide <3
Gold: 22,192.00
Nov 22 2017 10:58am
.hack>sao
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 30 2018 01:56am
Alright, this was actually good. Easily the best SAO shit since they were actually in SAO. It's still SAO, so ofc it's cheesy and pretty lame at times, but it's been the only thing SAO I've watched since they left SAO where I've actually felt enjoyment while watching.

I'd like to say I'm hoping this is how they're going to close it out, but isn't another series already confirmed for this year? Mother fucker needs to stop milking shit lol.
Gold: 29.00
Jan 30 2018 11:04am
it was just as bad as the series for me.
the plot was meh, Plus the ending has got to be some of the worst shit i've seen in SAO.

there's 2 upcoming series related to SAO in the works.
SAO Alternative Gun Gale Online, Airs next season. (Different author, new characters/MC, art looks better. those things alone make it ALOT more appealing than the rest of the series)
SAO Alicization (season 3), likely will air next year or maybe winter season at the earliest if i had to guess

as long as there's still source material they'll probably keep making it. shits about as mainstream as Naruto.

This post was edited by Dragonox on Jan 30 2018 11:07am
Jan 30 2018 01:39pm
Quote (Dragonox @ Jan 30 2018 09:04am)
it was just as bad as the series for me.
the plot was meh, Plus the ending has got to be some of the worst shit i've seen in SAO.

there's 2 upcoming series related to SAO in the works.
SAO Alternative Gun Gale Online, Airs next season. (Different author, new characters/MC, art looks better. those things alone make it ALOT more appealing than the rest of the series)
SAO Alicization (season 3), likely will air next year or maybe winter season at the earliest if i had to guess

as long as there's still source material they'll probably keep making it. shits about as mainstream as Naruto.

The fight itself was sick (before the others showed up), but you're right, that ending was pure aids. Would have been better if it was just the core group that first got there fighting, vs everyone, and that was also the only place they threw in some fanservice for the weirdos.
Jan 30 2018 03:10pm
from the whole "lets through some VR there at the end" then throwing them into a battle that lasted only an instant against the so called boss they would have fought at the top of the tower in season 1.
then comes back with a op 1hit ko weapon that finishes it up. lol

i can't help but see that as poor plot and the action didn't make up for it.
i probably would rate it lower than Season 1.

This post was edited by Dragonox on Jan 30 2018 03:11pm
Jan 31 2018 12:31pm
I never said it was better or even as good as the first season lol. I just said it was the best thing we've gotten from SAO since they left SAO (end of season 1), which is true imo. I didn't give a fuck about the 1 hit kill weapon. It was either going to end that way, or with all the enemies just exploding once Kirito finished the last boss fight. I still thought it was entertaining enough to be considered enjoyable. It was better than the elf bullshit, or that horribad gun bullshit where dur dur dur, I use a sword in a game for guns but somehow am better than everyone. Straight retarded.
Jan 31 2018 01:03pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 31 2018 12:31pm)
I never said it was better or even as good as the first season lol. I just said it was the best thing we've gotten from SAO since they left SAO (end of season 1), which is true imo. I didn't give a fuck about the 1 hit kill weapon. It was either going to end that way, or with all the enemies just exploding once Kirito finished the last boss fight. I still thought it was entertaining enough to be considered enjoyable. It was better than the elf bullshit, or that horribad gun bullshit where dur dur dur, I use a sword in a game for guns but somehow am better than everyone. Straight retarded.

and i never said that you said it was either, was simply my own opinion on the series. lol

though Kirito was still shit i'd say Gun Gale was still more interesting plot and setting wise than Season 1. (probably because it was more modern oppose to fantasy)
if i had to rank them GGO > SAO > Fairy >= Ordinal Scale (those last 2 were both pretty shit, but Ordinal Scale might just be a bit worse simply because of that lame ending)

Jan 31 2018 01:48pm
^

GGO just pissed me off. It looked clean as fuck, I'll give it that, the fight scenes were epic, but it was just the dumbest shit imaginable.

In SAO Kirito worked his fucking ass off to be the best. He was a beta tester and he took off wrecking shit and farming shit, and was easily the best person in the entire game. GGO he strolls in all big dick, and it's a game where everyone uses guns, and he picks up some fucking piece of shit sword, and is just better than every single person in the game immediately? It just seemed soooooooooo fucking lazy. Style/fights were the coolest of the series imo, but the fanservice and just complete fuck you to anyone who prefers story>tits and action pissed me off way too much. Easily the worst for me.

SAO > Ordinal > Fairy > GGO

Things have to have actual consequences for them to be somewhat exciting. One of the reasons Fairy or GGO didn't matter to me. There was never a moment that anything bad could ever happen to our lead in either situation, and obviously nothing was going to happen anyways (since it's your typical snoozefest anime), but still taking out that element makes shows way too boring for me.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll