d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > She Wants To Be Friends "for Now" > How To Proceed
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.01
Dec 5 2017 09:26am
Wanting and trying to date someone that isn't into you will never lead to the love you are looking for

I know it hurts. I know you think "if just" "if just" "if just" everything will work out

it won't

all you're doing is setting yourself up to be used and walked over for the rest of your romantic life.

Build your confidence and don't obsess over something or someone that isn't ever going to be a reality. Best case scenario you exchange being a doormat for some intimacy and you should value yourself more than that

How do you act?

You move on. You can be friends but be very careful not to allow yourself to become people's backpack where they put all of their baggage on your shoulders and you are left to carry it around alone.

It's better to be single and alone working on yourself and your confidence than it is getting yourself involved in situations that you are currently in

This post was edited by Beowulf on Dec 5 2017 09:27am
Gold: 3,500.80
Dec 5 2017 10:19am
Foreign exchange student means they will be returning at some point, yes?

Why are you so desperate to forge a relationship with someone who is destined to leave you? This isn't Hollywood.
Gold: 5,639.46
Dec 7 2017 10:40am
Quote (KitsuneYosh @ Nov 2 2017 12:59pm)
It's a bit lengthy but please read it all. I will give fg to well thought out replies.

Background

I met this girl at the beginning of the semester in my graduate classes. She is a foreign exchange student from Germany. We are in the same major and have 2 classes together. We sit next to each other so I see her 5 days a week for an hour per day.

Story

At the beginning of the semester I asked her out on a double date (with my friend and his gf to be my wingmen) and she agreed. We went out and the date went fantastic. I went to the bathroom for a minute and my friend texted me telling me she was asking all kinds of questions about me while I was gone. It was obvious this girl was really interested in me. At the end of the night we made out a little bit, and she commented that I was her favorite American guy.

After that, we went on dates about once a week, but we weren't officially in a relationship. Every date we went on went great, we have a lot in common and we just connected. On our dates we would kiss, hold hands, etc and the two times she came over to my house things got a bit more heated. However, in class things weren't as great. She acted more distant any time we were around each other on campus. We would walk together leaving class each day and some days I'd give her a kiss goodbye. We would text fairly often too, texting was good.

Finally, here's where things went downhill. Out of nowhere she seemed to get more distant and started taking longer to respond to my texts. At one point she didn't respond for an entire day. A couple weeks ago she took a week long trip to New York and I dropped her off at the airport. We were really enjoying each other's company and we made out some more before she left. But I texted her while she was in NY and never heard back from her. When she got back she was even more distant and started making excuses to avoid spending time with me. I finally got her to agree to get coffee with me one day, and we had a long conversation.

Story Pt. 2 (Her explanation")

On our coffee date, we sat down and talked. She told me she didn't think we should date right now. She explained that she had some time to think while she was away and it gave her some space because she was apparently feeling culture shock from being in the US.

She said that before she came to the US, she was in a 5 year long relationship and that her boyfriend just decided to end it when she came to the US. I asked her if she still loved him and she said no, and that she was over it. She said her ex started texting her but she won't be getting back together with him.

Moving on to me, she said it's not me (of course), but she just doesn't want to date anyone right now. I asked her if she wanted me to sit away from her in class and she said "No, you are one of the few thing I like about America." She then said we could still be friends and that maybe we could date in the future. I then asked her if she really thought there was a chance we could date in the future or if she was just saying that to make me feel better. She responded by saying yes, she thinks it's possible. I told her it would be difficult to be friends but I would give it a shot for now.

Questions/Need advice

How do I act around this girl now if I still want to date her? I have heard lots of opinions on when girls want to be friends, but I want to know what you guys think.

Should I distance myself from her and pretend to not be interested?
Should I talk to other girls around her to make her jealous?
Should I continue to try and flirt with her and do things with her?
Do you think she is being honest about dating in the future? Or is she just letting me down easy like girls tend to do?

What is my best option if I really want to date this girl? Any advice or opinions are welcome.

Thanks for reading.

sounds like you know what you're doing. Don't listen to any advice from this forums as it will push you the wrong way. Just move on but keep the door open for me.

#contradictoryadvice101
Gold: 57,185.00
Dec 9 2017 03:32am
make urself scarse and see if she shows more interest if not i think u should say "next!!!"

but are u trying to please her and winning her affectionz?

This post was edited by bakalolo on Dec 9 2017 03:32am
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll