d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Bill O'reilly Settles For 32 Million > Even Troll Gods Can Bleed
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 25 2017 12:03pm
Quote (Helloween7 @ 23 Oct 2017 17:41)
Like I've said in the other part of my post, in most cases to get a conviction requires the participation of the victim. The victim's testimony and credibility is in most cases sole deciding factor on a conviction. Depending on the severity of the nature of the cases, it's about going through the worst experience on can imagine all over again. This isn't justice, it's verbal assault masquerading as justice. What accusers go through to attempt to secure a conviction against their aggressor Even then, sometimes there's just almost no physical proof at all (multiple reasons as to why) and the accuser knows he or she is not the most "credible" person when you look at his or her's life record. When a victim knows the Jury might not feel sympathetic for them for XYZ reasons, there's even less of an incentive to even attempt a trial.

I tend to agree with Cotton Mathers who, during the Salem witch trials, said something like 'it is better to let a hundred witches go free than to hang one innocent'. If O'Reilly is innocent as he claims then what has been done is a terrible injustice. Not inflicted by some asshole but by the state and all of society.

This post was edited by Scaly on Oct 25 2017 12:03pm
Gold: 500.00
Oct 25 2017 12:22pm
brief clip from bill orielly's audiobook in here if you wanna know what it's like to be on the receiving end of his advances :o - 2:00 in

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 25 2017 12:22pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll