d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Questing Reguarding Strength On Items > Specifically Additional Strength
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 20 2017 10:37pm
So, assuming I want a 75fcr build, and I have the option to go 20fcr diadem and bks or shako and 2x fcr rings, if those fcr rings have strength on them, of which I dont require, i.e already have enough base strength for all gear, does that make the strength on those rings useless and therefore the bk diadem a better option? I heard 1str gives 1% enhanced dmg, so if the rings are both 20 strength, does that mean +40% enhanc dmg? and knowing this, does that make it a better option than the diadem and 2 bk ?

lmk your thoughts

edit: its a vanq build, so uses smite which gets boosted from enh dmg, but obvously also does hammers, which will get boosted from +skill from bks..

This post was edited by Doofy on Oct 20 2017 10:38pm
Gold: 21,816.40
Oct 20 2017 11:17pm
2 main builds for max smite ias with concentration instead of fanat and having 75 fcr/86 fhr

helm: 30/15/2os coa 2x 15ias/ed or res
ammy: 2pal/20fcr/str/dex ammy
Weapon: grief pb: 35+ ias/400dmg
Armor: Nigma, light armor
Shield: Spirit ST or any other elite spirit. 35fcr/xxx mana/xsorb
Gloves: Trang
Rings: 1x raven, 1x bk or w/e
Belt: Dungos
Boots: ww

or

Helm: 30/15/2os Coa ber/cham'd
Ammy: 2pal/20fcr/str/dex or life/dex depends wut rings u got
Weapon: grief pb 40ias/400dmg
Armor: nigma, light armor
Sheild: Spirit st, or personal preference elite shield, 35fcr
Gloves: Ik set gloves
Rings: 2x fcr/dex/life/str/ w/e u need
Boots: Ik Set Boots

This post was edited by Skibum on Oct 20 2017 11:18pm
Oct 20 2017 11:39pm
Quote (Skibum @ Oct 21 2017 06:17pm)
2 main builds for max smite ias with concentration instead of fanat and having 75 fcr/86 fhr

helm: 30/15/2os coa 2x 15ias/ed or res
ammy: 2pal/20fcr/str/dex ammy
Weapon: grief pb: 35+ ias/400dmg
Armor: Nigma, light armor
Shield: Spirit ST or any other elite spirit. 35fcr/xxx mana/xsorb
Gloves: Trang
Rings: 1x raven, 1x bk or w/e
Boots: ww

or

Helm: 30/15/2os Coa ber/cham'd
Ammy: 2pal/20fcr/str/dex or life/dex depends wut rings u got
Weapon: grief pb 40ias/400dmg
Armor: nigma, light armor
Sheild: Spirit st, or personal preference elite shield, 35fcr
Gloves: Ik set gloves
Rings: 2x fcr/dex/life/str/ w/e u need
Boots: Ik Set Boots

i max conc and fanta, and hotkey em so that fanta is near smite and conc is near hammer and use both during duels, so im not too concerned about the build as such. Ill try ask a rephrased question to help provoke the answer I seek.

lets say i want 75fcr and to get it i must use 2x fcr rings, if the rings have str on them instead of dex, and i dont need any of the strength due to already having enough as base, is the strength on the rings still beneficial in some way, or is it a completely useless thing for me to have and inferior to dex ?(assuming I actually need extra dex points to hit 75% block)

And is it enough of a drawback for it to not be worth me using things rings for fcr, and instead opting for the 20fcr diadem over shako setup
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2017 11:53pm
str adds 1% ed per point to your smite damage
doesn’t affect hammer damage ofc
might also mess up str bugging eni and boots
Gold: 21,816.40
Oct 21 2017 12:47am
Quote (Doofy @ Oct 21 2017 12:39am)
i max conc and fanta, and hotkey em so that fanta is near smite and conc is near hammer and use both during duels, so im not too concerned about the build as such. Ill try ask a rephrased question to help provoke the answer I seek.

lets say i want 75fcr and to get it i must use 2x fcr rings, if the rings have str on them instead of dex, and i dont need any of the strength due to already having enough as base, is the strength on the rings still beneficial in some way, or is it a completely useless thing for me to have and inferior to dex ?(assuming I actually need extra dex points to hit 75% block)

And is it enough of a drawback for it to not be worth me using things rings for fcr, and instead opting for the 20fcr diadem over shako setup

i would use dex rings over str, but don't forget about cannot be frozen (maybe you get it elsewhere)...but if you plan on using say a wisp and want to have mb up all the time then id just use the str rings for more dmg. im not going to argue with you too much on your build, this is the last you'll hear from me..im assuming you probably have your own build you want to make. but maxing both fanat and concentration is basically 20 skill points for 50 more ed with smite. those 20 skill points will have a huge affect on your dmg if you use them towards synergies. here's my vanq..its a telesmiter primarily with maxed smite and uses hammers as extra chip damage...ofc if you want more hammer dmg you stat more hammers. https://i.imgur.com/XhtrWdt.png gl
Oct 21 2017 01:00am
Quote (Skibum @ Oct 21 2017 07:47pm)
i would use dex rings over str, but don't forget about cannot be frozen (maybe you get it elsewhere)...but if you plan on using say a wisp and want to have mb up all the time then id just use the str rings for more dmg. im not going to argue with you too much on your build, this is the last you'll hear from me..im assuming you probably have your own build you want to make. but maxing both fanat and concentration is basically 20 skill points for 50 more ed with smite. those 20 skill points will have a huge affect on your dmg if you use them towards synergies. here's my vanq..its a telesmiter primarily with maxed smite and uses hammers as extra chip damage...ofc if you want more hammer dmg you stat more hammers. https://i.imgur.com/XhtrWdt.png gl

interesting, so I just need 20ias from items to reach max smite speed with a pb and no fanta ? or 30?

This post was edited by Doofy on Oct 21 2017 01:00am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll