Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 28 2017 04:45pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ 21 Oct 2017 22:38)
Try lifting heavier

Prob didn't go heavy enough the first time tbh

To be serious, chiropractor is a fake physical therapist. Get a proper diagnosis from a doc

Quote (Braxton11 @ 24 Oct 2017 19:31)
This.

A pt is able to do everything that a chiropractor can do plus way more.

There's a reason why people have the same chiro for 20 years LOL

I disagree. Chiros train more on spinal manipulation and they are much better practitioners for that modality. There are some terrabad chiros out there, but my suspicion is that there are more bad physios than chiros.

The best examples I have are of basketball players going to either/or for back injuries. The chiros are way faster. One of my buddies had a slipped disc and his physio effed him up and he was laid out for 6 months. My current chiro resolves ankle injuries way faster than any of the physios in the area. Also, when I had my worst injury ever (concussion, back, and hip involved), I was able to play league basketball again within a month or so, as predicted by my former chiro/osteo--who worked on me. Physio said it'd be more like a year. orylmente. Also, it was a chiro who restored Sidney Crosby's career after a bunch of physios failed.
Also, looking back on my varsity days, a few physios screwed up really bad in my treatments.

I could just be running into a bunch of bad physios. But the point is that within their scope of practice, chiros, on average, beat physios. Just as physios, within their scope of practice where it doesn't intersect with chiros, would outperform them.

e: also, are chiros given a lot less education in the US than in Canada? I see them getting bashed int his section all the time. But I've had better experiences with chiros than physios, and it's not even close. Maybe physios got a big update in the last 15+ years, too?

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Oct 28 2017 04:53pm
Gold: 32,090.31
Oct 28 2017 04:55pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Oct 28 2017 06:45pm)
I disagree. Chiros train more on spinal manipulation and they are much better practitioners for that modality. There are some terrabad chiros out there, but my suspicion is that there are more bad physios than chiros.

The best examples I have are of basketball players going to either/or for back injuries. The chiros are way faster. One of my buddies had a slipped disc and his physio effed him up and he was laid out for 6 months. My current chiro resolves ankle injuries way faster than any of the physios in the area. Also, when I had my worst injury ever (concussion, back, and hip involved), I was able to play league basketball again within a month or so, as predicted by my former chiro/osteo--who worked on me. Physio said it'd be more like a year. orylmente. Also, it was a chiro who restored Sidney Crosby's career after a bunch of physios failed.
Also, looking back on my varsity days, a few physios screwed up really bad in my treatments.

I could just be running into a bunch of bad physios. But the point is that within their scope of practice, chiros, on average, beat physios. Just as physios, within their scope of practice where it doesn't intersect with chiros, would outperform them.

Rew, I love you, but holy god no. There's a reason that people have to continuously go back to chiros. They don't fix the problem long term.

You can use a couple examples to try and prove otherwise, but I'm able to throw about a hundred more back at you that pt helped way more.

The problem with pt is that it's not something you can just go to and not be an active participant. Chiro you just go and lay there.

Sounds like having a few bad pt experiences has jaded your view, friend.
Retired Moderator
Oct 28 2017 07:01pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ 28 Oct 2017 18:55)
Rew, I love you, but holy god no. There's a reason that people have to continuously go back to chiros. They don't fix the problem long term.

You can use a couple examples to try and prove otherwise, but I'm able to throw about a hundred more back at you that pt helped way more.

The problem with pt is that it's not something you can just go to and not be an active participant. Chiro you just go and lay there.

Sounds like having a few bad pt experiences has jaded your view, friend.

I've also had good experiences with chiropractors. I can only go from the sample size I know. I know some physios (about a dozen) but I know way more chiros, just because I've done business with more chiros than physios. That's a HUGE sample size relative to the general population, but it's still just a microcosm of what's out there.

But it's apples and oranges. Chiros deal exceptionally well with acute problems like slipped discs, bulging discs, and some injuries that fall within their scope. But of course people repeatedly see chiros: the main population who sees them need re-alignment or prevention work related to curvatures, degradation, etc..

Whereas physios are mostly about dealing with acute problems. They see less chronic patients by design.

If you fix short-term problems, you help people in the short term. If you fix long-term problems, you help people in the long-term. In team sports and via my profession, I've dealt with plenty of physios and chiros and the chiros I've dealt with have been flat-out better. I'm sure there are bad chiros out there. I just haven't met them yet.

If I had to say whether I've met more bad physios, personal trainers, or doctors, I'd have to go with personal trainers if that's any consolation.
Gold: 32,090.31
Oct 28 2017 07:10pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Oct 28 2017 09:01pm)
I've also had good experiences with chiropractors. I can only go from the sample size I know. I know some physios (about a dozen) but I know way more chiros, just because I've done business with more chiros than physios. That's a HUGE sample size relative to the general population, but it's still just a microcosm of what's out there.

But it's apples and oranges. Chiros deal exceptionally well with acute problems like slipped discs, bulging discs, and some injuries that fall within their scope. But of course people repeatedly see chiros: the main population who sees them need re-alignment or prevention work related to curvatures, degradation, etc..

Whereas physios are mostly about dealing with acute problems. They see less chronic patients by design.

If you fix short-term problems, you help people in the short term. If you fix long-term problems, you help people in the long-term. In team sports and via my profession, I've dealt with plenty of physios and chiros and the chiros I've dealt with have been flat-out better. I'm sure there are bad chiros out there. I just haven't met them yet.

If I had to say whether I've met more bad physios, personal trainers, or doctors, I'd have to go with personal trainers if that's any consolation.

We're trained to do everything that a chiro can do, but more.

A pt can easily help with curvatures and degradation by dealing with the muscles around the area that's affected which ultimately makes the problem less severe. A chiro can only manipulate it and say that he'll see you in a month to do it again. I don't want to say it's all they do because they do other stuff, but chiros mainly manipulate something to where they want, knowing that it will just go back after they fix it and will have to redo it after a given amount of time.

There's just no way anyone will ever convince me that a chiro is a better option than a pt for 90% of problems.
Retired Moderator
Oct 28 2017 08:05pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ 28 Oct 2017 21:10)
We're trained to do everything that a chiro can do, but more.

A pt can easily help with curvatures and degradation by dealing with the muscles around the area that's affected which ultimately makes the problem less severe. A chiro can only manipulate it and say that he'll see you in a month to do it again. I don't want to say it's all they do because they do other stuff, but chiros mainly manipulate something to where they want, knowing that it will just go back after they fix it and will have to redo it after a given amount of time.

There's just no way anyone will ever convince me that a chiro is a better option than a pt for 90% of problems.

What about that 10% though? j/k

I know that physios are well-trained and I know that chiros are well-trained

The secret sauce for people with misaligned vertebrae is to get strong, which really they can only do on their own. That being said, it depends on the body. Some bodies really shouldn't lift.

I see a chiro to help me unstiffen because I get inflammation due to past injuries. I'm pretty mobile and fairly strong, but I don't see a physio b/c I don't have anything acute going on -- and ofc due to past bad experiences. What I should be doing is yoga.

The recurring injury I have is a displaced rib, or actually two of them. My chest/rib area has been bad enough that I had to have my pec shoved back into place once. It was originally a blunt force trauma injury but now it comes up with OHP sometimes. Physio had no idea where to begin, whereas my chiro fixed it in about one second. I actually fix it myself now (only once I couldn't manage it) and I haven't had a recurrence in several months.

I have to admit that this is one of three injuries (ankle//concussion+back+hip//rib) I've had where physios couldn't help but magically my chiro could. In the case of my ankle injury, I did see physio for a while but after I missed a tryout I tried a chiro and suddenly got better.

This was just my personal experience and it informs my bias. I know other practitioners professionally, and my assumption has been that the chiros were better than the physios because of my personal experiences. At the professional level, I know mostly entrepreneurs, and I don't really give much attention to anyone who doesn't have a thriving or growing practice.

e: also, to be sure, I can only suppose that you're a good practitioner and a good representative of your profession. In relating my own experiences, I certainly don't intend to say that you would have provided the same experience.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Oct 28 2017 09:15pm
Gold: 1.95
Oct 29 2017 12:49pm
congratulations, you have passed snake oil 101

now go see a doctor
Gold: 11.58
Oct 29 2017 05:19pm
chiropractors are not capable of fixing anything, i would recommend you not waste your money/risk your health by seeing one
Gold: 750.49
Nov 8 2017 08:36pm
So u got injured because ur idiot friend peer preassured you (shoulder injury) then you took 3 months off, and went back at it...

Then you actually joined a crossfit gym, and the guy there told you to see an chiropractor....

Bro you got trolled by life...

And on a serious note, a shoulder injury takes alot of time to recoup..
If you force it, you will lose.
You went back in the ring to quick.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll