d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > #metoo Effect In The World > How This Influence Your Own Country ?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Oct 19 2017 04:41pm
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77360955&f=119

Already a thread about it on the first page.

Quote (Skinned @ Oct 19 2017 03:12pm)
We live in rape culture. Has been this way for quite some time. Most women in America have been sexually assaulted or at least sexually harassed at some point in life. Dudes are pretty scummy. Men who respect women are in the minority. Just look at PaRD....a lot of guys here genuinely hate women.

Though you can direct this back at women in a way....raising such poor sons with little respect for them.

I've been sexually harassed on multiple occasions. Maybe even sexually assaulted, depending on your definition of the term. Most of it was fairly innocuous, just as nothing comes of most sexual harassment against women, either.

That's not to say that we don't have a major problem with violence against women in America, just to say that it may not be as widespread as things seem. Definitely one of the top things I'd like to see change in my lifetime, along with deaths from hunger and the rate of homelessness.
Gold: 286,210.50
Oct 19 2017 04:50pm
Quote (Helloween7 @ Oct 19 2017 06:37pm)
And then there's one of the two man in QC who are in a scandal.

He's a gay popular TV host and he harassed both women and men, most of his alleged acts were him appearing in varying state of undresses in front of employees and such and saying things you shouldn't say. Like, translating here : You look like you would have a cute penis, are you sure you're not gay? Grabbing a male journalist balls in a party while his girlfriend was standing right next to her.

A lot of his sexual harassment happened with many witnesses. This is not your usual predator who does things behind closed doors where no one can see. I'm not even sure this person understands what he did wrong, I think he must've skipped the whole sexual education/growth an adult person goes through in his or her life.

Not to say what he did is acceptable, to do what he did over 15 years is absolutely indefensible. I just find his actions very odd, there's something not quite right with him. I don't think he quite fit the predator with power profile most abusers/harassers in his position.

To OP : I think the Guy Cloutier case more than a decade ago had more impact in QC. But this back to back is definitely because people were influenced to come out because of the whole Harvey situation. Social media has a way of reaching more and more people because of it's growth of users over the years.

the Cloutier case was much more disgusting, repeated (for many years i think) rape on 10 years old comedian, and he got only 1 year prison for that.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 19 2017 04:52pm
Quote (Skinned @ 19 Oct 2017 18:29)
You quoted two different people dummy.

and you're both aged, odious, white privileged, lefty misogynistic males. dummy. just one look at your posts there is all the evidence.

stick to psychoanalysis of people you've never met and pretend to know what's best for them. unethical and bigoted is your MO.
Gold: 13.95
Oct 19 2017 04:58pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Oct 19 2017 06:41pm)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77360955&f=119

Already a thread about it on the first page.

I've been sexually harassed on multiple occasions. Maybe even sexually assaulted, depending on your definition of the term. Most of it was fairly innocuous, just as nothing comes of most sexual harassment against women, either.

That's not to say that we don't have a major problem with violence against women in America, just to say that it may not be as widespread as things seem. Definitely one of the top things I'd like to see change in my lifetime, along with deaths from hunger and the rate of homelessness.

I think this user also wanted to talk Québec news more specifically the two sexual harassment cases that erupted on the exact same day. This forum is very U.S. centric though, so I don't think he's going to have much success especially considering the more detailed articles are in french. So it'd be a tad hard for users around here to get a clear picture of the case and then have a discussion with the short OP who's not helping discussion.

Having enough food to eat, a place to sleep and bodily autonomy. It's a shame that so many people still don't have this. I hope we see major improvements.

Quote (PKSubban @ Oct 19 2017 06:50pm)
the Cloutier case was much more disgusting, repeated (for many years i think) rape on 10 years old comedian, and he got only 1 year prison for that.

He received 3 years but served only 19 months but yes, the amount of jail time is a tragedy in itself as far as this particular case is concerned.
Oct 19 2017 05:15pm
Quote (Helloween7 @ Oct 19 2017 03:58pm)
I think this user also wanted to talk Québec news more specifically the two sexual harassment cases that erupted on the exact same day. This forum is very U.S. centric though, so I don't think he's going to have much success especially considering the more detailed articles are in french. So it'd be a tad hard for users around here to get a clear picture of the case and then have a discussion with the short OP who's not helping discussion.

Having enough food to eat, a place to sleep and bodily autonomy. It's a shame that so many people still don't have this. I hope we see major improvements.

He received 3 years but served only 19 months but yes, the amount of jail time is a tragedy in itself as far as this particular case is concerned.

If OP wanted to discuss those cases, he might've mentioned them more specifically in the OP, or linked to articles instead of just a homepage. Google translate is a wonderful thing and does a pretty good job of doing French to English at least in terms of being able to read for content.

As this subforum is very American focused and my knowledge of celebrity to-do outside of the States (and, to be honest, inside as well) is very limited, I hadn't heard anything about these scandals until you mentioned them. I've never been a huge fan of discussing "did he or didn't he" legal cases because it's not terribly relevant to politics, religion, or philosophy, which are the major focuses of this subforum. Y'all do you though, since it is what passes as "news" these days.
Oct 19 2017 05:46pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Oct 19 2017 07:15pm)
If OP wanted to discuss those cases, he might've mentioned them more specifically in the OP, or linked to articles instead of just a homepage. Google translate is a wonderful thing and does a pretty good job of doing French to English at least in terms of being able to read for content.

As this subforum is very American focused and my knowledge of celebrity to-do outside of the States (and, to be honest, inside as well) is very limited, I hadn't heard anything about these scandals until you mentioned them. I've never been a huge fan of discussing "did he or didn't he" legal cases because it's not terribly relevant to politics, religion, or philosophy, which are the major focuses of this subforum. Y'all do you though, since it is what passes as "news" these days.

why do you need that much to feel concern about every topic
Oct 19 2017 05:49pm
Quote (PKSubban @ Oct 19 2017 04:46pm)
why do you need that much to feel concern about every topic

Because this subforum sees enough shit threads. I might as well bitch at people who have enough brain cells to potentially be better posters in hopes that the quality of the subforum will improve.
Oct 19 2017 05:50pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Oct 19 2017 07:49pm)
Because this subforum sees enough shit threads. I might as well bitch at people who have enough brain cells to potentially be better posters in hopes that the quality of the subforum will improve.

go improve the quality by making your own thread

This post was edited by PKSubban on Oct 19 2017 05:51pm
Oct 19 2017 05:54pm
Quote (PKSubban @ Oct 19 2017 04:50pm)
go improve the quality by making your own thread

When I have something worth sharing I do. Most of the time others have already made threads so I just post in those threads to prevent clutter.
Oct 19 2017 05:59pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Oct 19 2017 07:54pm)
When I have something worth sharing I do. Most of the time others have already made threads so I just post in those threads to prevent clutter.

Is it in your nature to clutter out everything ? You must have a very clean house.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll