d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > #metoo Effect In The World > How This Influence Your Own Country ?
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 122,606.50
Oct 19 2017 03:53pm
I never saw something this big in Quebec, sexual harassment by famous Quebecers personalities is now 80% of the first page tabloid and it looks like only the beginning;

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/

Do you experience something like this in your country ?

Gold: 1.50
Oct 19 2017 03:56pm
“when you’re a star, they let you do it,”
Gold: 0.00
Oct 19 2017 04:06pm
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Oct 19 2017 04:56pm)
“when you’re a star, they let you do it,”

"You can grab 'em by the pussy"

Unfortunately, this shit is rampant.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 19 2017 04:12pm
We live in rape culture. Has been this way for quite some time. Most women in America have been sexually assaulted or at least sexually harassed at some point in life. Dudes are pretty scummy. Men who respect women are in the minority. Just look at PaRD....a lot of guys here genuinely hate women.

Though you can direct this back at women in a way....raising such poor sons with little respect for them.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 19 2017 04:12pm
Gold: 57.00
Oct 19 2017 04:20pm
Quote (Skinned @ 19 Oct 2017 18:12)
Dudes are pretty scummy. Men who respect women are in the minority. Just look at PaRD....a lot of guys here genuinely hate women.

case in point is you, who insinuated the First Lady is a whore. you're no better than those who dragged Michelle Obama into the fray.

who knows what you drooled out of the side of your mouth when Palin was running for VP, you misogynist swine.
Gold: 10.77
Oct 19 2017 04:22pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 19 2017 03:20pm)
case in point is you, who insinuated the First Lady is a whore. you're no better than those who dragged Michelle Obama into the fray.

who knows what you drooled out of the side of your mouth when Palin was running for VP, you misogynist swine.

But Melania was a proud whore by profession... it was literally her job.
Oct 19 2017 04:23pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 19 2017 05:20pm)

Gold digger. Objectively true. She had to sign a contract allowing her to have a baby given that she meet certain fitness goals afterword or risk being sued....

I'm not stating an opinion. Thats a shitty red herring anyway.

I can Google and find pictures of her in her underwear. That's not my opinion. You can do this yourself no matter how you feel about it.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 19 2017 04:25pm
Gold: 57.00
Oct 19 2017 04:27pm
Quote (Skinned @ 19 Oct 2017 18:23)
Gold digger. Objectively true. She had to sign a contract allowing her to have a baby given that she meet certain fitness goals afterword or risk being sued....

I'm not stating an opinion. Thats a shitty red herring anyway.

I can Google and find pictures of her in her underwear. That's not my opinion. You can do this yourself no matter how you feel about it.

>all women who are photographed in their underwear are literally whores
Quote (inkanddagger @ 19 Oct 2017 18:22)
But Melania was a proud whore by profession... it was literally her job.

>the first lady's cv literally says prostitute

case in point

we got < 8 posts in this topic and the resident lefty, odious, aged white privileged males here are displaying their latent abilities to bash, degrade, and harass women with little regard for objectivity, lack of hypocrisy, or reason.

This post was edited by excellence on Oct 19 2017 04:30pm
Oct 19 2017 04:29pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 19 2017 05:27pm)
case in point

we got < 8 posts in this topic and the resident lefty, odious, aged white privileged males here are displaying their latent abilities to bash, degrade, and harass women with little regard for objectivity, lack of hypocrisy, or reason.

You quoted two different people dummy.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 19 2017 04:29pm
Gold: 13.95
Oct 19 2017 04:37pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 19 2017 06:12pm)
We live in rape culture. Has been this way for quite some time. Most women in America have been sexually assaulted or at least sexually harassed at some point in life. Dudes are pretty scummy. Men who respect women are in the minority. Just look at PaRD....a lot of guys here genuinely hate women.

Though you can direct this back at women in a way....raising such poor sons with little respect for them.

And then there's one of the two man in QC who are in a scandal.

He's a gay popular TV host and he harassed both women and men, most of his alleged acts were him appearing in varying state of undresses in front of employees and such and saying things you shouldn't say. Like, translating here : You look like you would have a cute penis, are you sure you're not gay? Grabbing a male journalist balls in a party while his girlfriend was standing right next to her.

A lot of his sexual harassment happened with many witnesses. This is not your usual predator who does things behind closed doors where no one can see. I'm not even sure this person understands what he did wrong, I think he must've skipped the whole sexual education/growth an adult person goes through in his or her life.

Not to say what he did is acceptable, to do what he did over 15 years is absolutely indefensible. I just find his actions very odd, there's something not quite right with him. I don't think he quite fit the predator with power profile most abusers/harassers in his position.

To OP : I think the Guy Cloutier case more than a decade ago had more impact in QC. But this back to back is definitely because people were influenced to come out because of the whole Harvey situation. Social media has a way of reaching more and more people because of it's growth of users over the years.

This post was edited by Helloween7 on Oct 19 2017 04:40pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll