d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Middleclass Tax Cuts ... For The Wealthy
Prev1234517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 18 2017 03:58pm
The questions is, given that these tax cuts are going to cost the government money out of the budget, where is that money going to be made up at, and if it isn't being made up for somewhere, what aren't we going to pay for?

I bet this raises the cost of living for 90% of Americans. Trump is basically cutting himself a big check.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 18 2017 03:59pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 18 2017 04:11pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Oct 18 2017 02:57pm)
Taxing luxury & polluting products like, as example, big 4x4 > 40k euro, yatchs, some kind of clothes or various shits etc (mini cooper sport better btw...)

another EndlessSky wrong statement ?

http://dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/408chart.jpg

You didnt factor in the services they use. Poor people take more than they give.

Edit: actually your graph proves my point even if you dont count services used. Did you even graduate high school?

The rich solve pur problems and pay for everything that the low lives take for granted.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Oct 18 2017 04:15pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 18 2017 04:14pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 18 2017 04:51pm)
Those poor 1%ers...so coerced in their private jets and mansions. I bet they appreciate having a champion, from the other half, defending their Oblomov-esqe lives.

If there is coercion going on within the system, the 1% are perpetrating it.

And you can literally go anywhere. Just because you were born here doesn't mean you don't have to obey the laws here. Paying your taxes has the same moral status as any other law. The power to coerce is the power to govern....is the basis of all positive law. You've pretended to not like positive law in the past, but you are devoted to it, or otherwise you would follow the libertarian beliefs to their natural conclusion and become a real anarchist.

Not an argument. I do not feel that I should HAVE to go "anywhere" to stop people from stealing from me.

Quote (Skinned @ Oct 18 2017 04:58pm)
The questions is, given that these tax cuts are going to cost the government money out of the budget, where is that money going to be made up at, and if it isn't being made up for somewhere, what aren't we going to pay for?

I bet this raises the cost of living for 90% of Americans. Trump is basically cutting himself a big check.

In reality, unless the tax code is thrown out the door and replaced with a tax everyone has to pay at least some, I'm not in favor of the current plan. Not lease being that I feel we are already on the "other side" of the Laffer curve and cutting more will lead to less revenue, not more. We can, as a society start worrying about having less revenue when all current and projected spending is funded.
Oct 18 2017 04:19pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 18 2017 05:14pm)
Not an argument. I do not feel that I should HAVE to go "anywhere" to stop people from stealing from me.

In reality, unless the tax code is thrown out the door and replaced with a tax everyone has to pay at least some, I'm not in favor of the current plan. Not lease being that I feel we are already on the "other side" of the Laffer curve and cutting more will lead to less revenue, not more. We can, as a society start worrying about having less revenue when all current and projected spending is funded.

Nobody is stealing from you, you work at will and you own your home willingly.

Goes back to the society not being a Chinese buffet thing. Unless you want to abolish private property (not possessions) you are picking and choosing.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 18 2017 04:20pm
Gold: 6,351.00
Oct 18 2017 04:30pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 18 2017 02:58pm)

In theory, lowering tax rates will result in higher consumption, which increases our GDP, which throws more money back into the economy. Also a big point of lowering the taxes on corporations is to repatriate the trillions in off-shore accounts. Instead of getting raped with a ~35% tax rate corporations will pay much less (Trump wants around 20% but after negotiations they will probably be lowered to around ~25% imo once it's all said and done)

More money saved by corporations isn't only good for the stock holders but its good for the overall economy.

Secondly, you guys on the left seem to always be okay with overspending for various reasons, all of the sudden it's a concern to you?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Oct 18 2017 04:32pm
Gold: 4,383.11
Oct 18 2017 04:37pm
so the people paying the most taxes get a tax cut
sounds perfectly fair to relieve everyone of some tax pressure

and its not like western states have a problem collecting money, spending on the other hand.....
Oct 18 2017 04:42pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 18 2017 05:30pm)
In theory, lowering tax rates will result in higher consumption, which increases our GDP, which throws more money back into the economy. Also a big point of lowering the taxes on corporations is to repatriate the trillions in off-shore accounts. Instead of getting raped with a ~35% tax rate corporations will pay much less (Trump wants around 20% but after negotiations they will probably be lowered to around ~25% imo once it's all said and done)

More money saved by corporations isn't only good for the stock holders but its good for the overall economy.

Secondly, you guys on the left seem to always be okay with overspending for various reasons, all of the sudden it's a concern to you?

Why do you think that? It is very incorrect. People need money in their pocket for aggregate expenditure to grow, while the wealthy who will benefit from this tax cut have a much higher marginal propensity to save than the people who are losing services and money out of their households, who have a much higher marginal propensity to consume with every marginal dollar put into their household. So taking money out of their house holds lowers aggregate expenditure which does the opposite of what you say happens when people who spend money have less money in their possession and whose who save marginal dollars put those dollars into savings instead circulation.

So why do you think that given that very basic micro and macro economics disagrees with you?

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 18 2017 04:46pm
Oct 18 2017 04:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 18 2017 03:42pm)
Why do you think that? It is very incorrect. People need money in their pocket for aggregate expenditure to grow, while the wealthy who will benefit from this tax cut have a much higher marginal propensity to save than the people who are losing services and money out of their households, who have a much higher marginal propensity to consume with every marginal dollar put into their household. So taking money out of their house holds lowers aggregate expenditure which does the opposite of what you say happens when people who spend money have less money in their possession and whose who save marginal dollars put those dollars into savings instead circulation.

So why do you think that given that very basic micro and macro economics disagrees with you? I'll wait while you google terms.

Your economics is way off. Cutting taxes gives people more money in their pocked, which grows aggregate expenditures not lowers it. If i'm middle class and lets say my household income is 100k and let say the overall tax rate is reduced from 30% to 20% that's an extra 10,000 for my family to spend on whatever we want. More food, clothing, car, whatever.

I suggest you google basic economics broseph, i think i'm okay for now i have a 4.0 while getting my bachelors in Economics atm.

Gold: 260.11
Oct 18 2017 04:50pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 18 2017 04:30pm)

Lowering taxes, when the benefit goes primarily to the highest earners, does not increase consumption.

That's the real issue at hand.

If you want to create more jobs you need to put money in the hands of the lowest classes who spend it and don't just let it sit in a bank account.
Oct 18 2017 04:52pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 18 2017 03:50pm)
Lowering taxes, when the benefit goes primarily to the highest earners, does not increase consumption.

That's the real issue at hand.

If you want to create more jobs you need to put money in the hands of the lowest classes who spend it and don't just let it sit in a bank account.

The premise that this will only lower taxes "for the rich" is utter bullocks.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll