d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Bitcoin, And Where I Have Been All This Time. > Fuq Off Eh
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 20 2017 08:29pm
The tides of man flow back and forth. Glad to hear you caught a crest.

Seriously, where HAVE you been?

Quote (nobrow @ Oct 20 2017 10:24pm)
I thought BTC was going to zero after Ulbricht's arrest, but it rallied. I cant understand why crypto has the value it has now.

Its not regulated the same way fiat money is

Possibly a bubble, possibly the ultimate anti-bubble

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Oct 20 2017 08:31pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 20 2017 09:07pm

Bitcoin...

Bitcoin is a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system: called the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central repository or single administrator. It was invented by an unknown person or group of people under the name Satoshi Nakamoto.

Here's just ONE reason why digital currency is a bad idea. The two guys who invented this back in 2009 are an unknown. If anything in this digital currency system turns out to be a bad thing. You lose. Not them...you.
Since the idea, method and authors are unknown...so is the system. No matter how many "proofs" are on the internet, you have no TRUE way of knowing if there's not some way ...to just pull the plug someday.

If one day it all goes kaput..who ya gonna call, who ya gonna blame. There is NO ONE backing this digital currency.
If you HAVE "lose-able" spare money, then you won't be risking anything. For everyone else...it's a major risk.

Throughout history there have been millions of get rich quick schemes. I think most of you know the results.

I don't want to argue about it, discuss it, etc. This is how I feel about it. Until there is someone or some institution backing this digital currency...it's nothing more than rolling the dice at Las Vegas.
Gold: 1,253.69
Oct 20 2017 09:32pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2017 09:07pm)
Bitcoin...

Bitcoin is a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system: called the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central repository or single administrator. It was invented by an unknown person or group of people under the name Satoshi Nakamoto.

Here's just ONE reason why digital currency is a bad idea. The two guys who invented this back in 2009 are an unknown. If anything in this digital currency system turns out to be a bad thing. You lose. Not them...you.
Since the idea, method and authors are unknown...so is the system. No matter how many "proofs" are on the internet, you have no TRUE way of knowing if there's not some way ...to just pull the plug someday.

If one day it all goes kaput..who ya gonna call, who ya gonna blame. There is NO ONE backing this digital currency.
If you HAVE "lose-able" spare money, then you won't be risking anything. For everyone else...it's a major risk.

Throughout history there have been millions of get rich quick schemes. I think most of you know the results.

I don't want to argue about it, discuss it, etc. This is how I feel about it. Until there is someone or some institution backing this digital currency...it's nothing more than rolling the dice at Las Vegas.

there are people backing it.... ever hear of...... the red room? shhhhhhhh who asked? I didn't ask......................... I only told you the question you wanted to know....... but I didn't answer

#TheRedRoom
Oct 20 2017 09:39pm
the first rule about Bitcoin?

Don't ask about the Red Room
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 20 2017 09:43pm

LOL. The real first rule about cryptocurrency is don't ask who backs it.
Oct 20 2017 09:44pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2017 09:43pm)
LOL. The real first rule about cryptocurrency is don't ask who backs it.

exactly (the red room backs it)
Gold: 246.00
Oct 20 2017 11:14pm
Quote (nobrow @ Oct 20 2017 08:24pm)
I thought BTC was going to zero after Ulbricht's arrest, but it rallied. I cant understand why crypto has the value it has now.

thats what happens when (((they))) cant get their greasy hands on somthing.
Gold: 2,004.41
Oct 20 2017 11:15pm
Quote (V0LTR0N @ Oct 20 2017 11:14pm)
thats what happens when (((they))) cant get their greasy hands on somthing.

Go back to /pol/ and stormfront. We love Jewish people here.
Gold: 246.00
Oct 20 2017 11:15pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2017 09:07pm)
Bitcoin...

same kind of things the people who are investing millions into bitcoin say.
Gold: 1.93
Oct 20 2017 11:20pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 21 2017 02:07pm)
Bitcoin...

That is not how it works, there is no way to put this genie back in a bottle, and it does not need anyone in charge of it, that is the beauty of this system. it is anarchy working as it should.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll