d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Maqua Barbarian Highway To Hell > Just Another Boring Walkthrough
12336Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,760.26
Oct 16 2017 08:40am
Hello there boyz n girlz!

I was sick in my home for past week, bored to death, so I turned on my old comp which isnt connected to the internet and what have I found? Diablo 2 LoD yes!

So I started to play hc barbarian sp just for fun, thinking its gonna be just a short run, but it cought me in and didnt let me go! (I love this game)

Many years have come to past, since I played single player, so I thought it would be boring... Mistake! It s AWESOME!!!

So I started hc barbarian named Maqua, here is his photo:

This didnt start as classical WT, so I forgot to take many print screens during normal (took like 2) and nightmare (took many more), but I surely did a lot of them in hell.
Im gonna try to at least write what I did or where did I get what, so you have an idea on how did I progress through normal and nm...

Anyway I see many people put some rules to their wts, like players 8 at all times, but I´m not gonna insist on that.

I started players 8 but eventually I lowered the difficulty and than made it harder again when I was able to take bigger challenge.
Fun is very important and I dont c any fun in killing one mob 5 mins, which is possible with barb without good weapons on nm or hell...

So my rules are:
Not extended stash or muling
Ladder runewords enabled
HC
Playing version 1.14c because I play on realm Slashdiablo which is nonbot realm. It doesnt give u higher or better drops, neither other runewords or items, its basically the same version.
Save´n´Exit allowed (Without that it wouldnt be possible, coz I got stucked few times in the middle of an attack animation so I had to quit)
Re-runs allowed

Goals:
Have fun!
Win the whole game!
Get to at least lvl 90
Kill all act bosses- players 8
Be able to run hell baals players 8
Kill DC (dont know how to make him come into sp game though- advice maybe? )
Kill DC -pl8
Beat the Ubers (dont know if UT works in SP but I know keys drop- advice? :) )
Beat Ubers -pl8
Get some of the best runewords
Get GOSU!

So here I come, just dont hate me please!
Oct 16 2017 09:20am
So I´ve started players 8, got second weapon ASAP so I could throw away that nasty buckler and kill things with my both hands, put points into prereqs like bash, howl and as soon as I could I started to max dual wield (except point in shout, taunt, and leap) until lvl 18.
Than I put point in stun, leap attack, iron skin and started to save some skills for frenzy and BO.
When I got 24 I put points simultaneously in both, but when I ran out of skill points I started to max frenzy first, givin the extra points for skill quests to BO, untill it reached lvl 10, than I maxed dual wield, than switched back to BO ;)

First of all I found some 2sx hand axe and 2sx short sword so I put chipped emerald and ruby into axe and chipped topaz and saphire into sword. Than I found axe which procs amp dmg so I ve used that one until I ve found 2sx and 3sx crystal swords which I made steel (tir+el) and malice (ith+el+eth) runewords.

Found Hsarus boots and artic belt, arctic helped me against duriel (got rid of it the moment I could use 4x4 belt), hsarus vs diablo so those stayed by me a little longer.

For armor I was using imbued breast plate with some fire and light res. Gloves just random rare gloves, than as soon as I could I made blood crafted and than I ve found Venom grip, which was great upgrade, really. For the helmet I ve found Duskdeep which sticked with me long long time.

Rings and amulet also some randoms, but who cares on normal, I didnt get uniq ring untill baal nightmare and didnt come to many rare jewelry either so I had to craft as possible.

No printscrns on any of those finds. I have just this one, which I dont even know why I took :D

I guess I was using it until I imbued that breast plate, anyway after I got those crystal swords going I was able to finish normal on pl8 without any reruns, farm or extra exp, I think I run through all the optional locations I ve met on my way.

Also I put a lot of points into strenght for aditional dmg.
I like melee chars to have decent strengt on them, letting them wear heavier armors and weapons while incresing dmg.

Ah, got Izual too :D

Anyway this is how I look on the end of normal:

This post was edited by Fragman on Oct 16 2017 09:28am
Oct 16 2017 09:40am
Right after I enter NM i ve found 2sx cleaver ( or maybe I ve found it still on norm not sure :) ), so I upgraded my steel rw:

I also tried to craft armor with better defense:

And here is other stuff:

This post was edited by Fragman on Oct 16 2017 09:41am
Oct 16 2017 09:41am
I liked this amu a lot!

Next:

This post was edited by Fragman on Oct 16 2017 09:48am
Oct 16 2017 09:49am

Oct 16 2017 09:53am
My second weapon

And my switch combo

OK, I need to sort out what to put here next, got like 700 prtscrns and Im hungry (meat) and thirsty (czech beer) and I wanna smoke some of my freshly dried ( :D ) homegrown shit, so I ll be uploading my progress in about two hours.
C ya!

This post was edited by Fragman on Oct 16 2017 09:57am
Oct 16 2017 03:57pm
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Sorry I got stucked in the pub like this:

So i had to save exit... Otherwise some hard hits from urdars or charge by vipers would bring me back, unfortunately they weren t around...

This post was edited by Fragman on Oct 16 2017 03:58pm
Gold: 666.69
Oct 16 2017 04:03pm
That movie was pretty epic. Why not restrict yourself to weapons he may have used. ;)
Oct 16 2017 04:05pm
So I guess I either forgot to take whole nightmare progress, or the game got me so tight that I couldnt even PRNTSRCN... Or both... Anyway I got this as a first picture of NM... On normal I got amn, here I get Dol, maybe I ll get Io in hell...
Oct 16 2017 04:10pm
Quote (PatheiMathos @ Oct 16 2017 10:03pm)
That movie was pretty epic. Why not restrict yourself to weapons he may have used. ;)

Yeah man, that movie is epic! He used all kinds of weapons there. Axe, knife, rifle... He could use any weapon he came upon. So im gonna use whatever I ll find first... Except rifle... :D
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12336Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll