d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Frenzy Barb Uber Tris Setup? > Suggestions
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,215.50
Oct 16 2017 08:38am
Oh and at the risk of opening up arguments, I was told that 2x Grief PB > Grief PB / Death CS for PvM. Was I misinformed?

Thx.
Gold: 14,280.00
Oct 16 2017 09:00am
Quote (dbbr @ Oct 16 2017 04:38pm)
Oh and at the risk of opening up arguments, I was told that 2x Grief PB > Grief PB / Death CS for PvM. Was I misinformed?

Thx.

From your previous post, MDR is really helpful in PvM more than you think, the monster don't really hit that hard (highest attack value are around ~120 damage per hit, so 15 MDR is really a good amount of damage saved) that why SoE is really good for PvM, is the same for Dwarf, not only the fire absorb is nice, the MDR make this ring a truly tanky ring.

And yes, you are right, Goblin toe is just for the CB, if you can get OW and enough DS from other sources (mastery/guillaume for example) extra CB from toes can be better than goreriders for just UT.

Now, for this quoted question, for regular PvM 2 grief or grief/death is almost the same if you looks just to the DPS, if you like to run low player games (1-4 players) the high minimum damage of grief, makes 2 grief a bit better and if you play high player games (5-8 players) the extra CB and the extremely high damage rolls on deaths (higher max damage and probably 100%DS on that hit) makes death a bit better.

Anyway the difference is going to be really small, choose whatever you like more or whatever you already have.
Gold: 8.73
Oct 16 2017 10:07am
Quote (raisedbyWUFF @ Oct 14 2017 11:50am)
Stack res...i play hc so i never built an uber char without stack res..

He gets one shots from meph thats the only problem he has so what does he need....res that simple so prepuff or coh or whatever fits him best.

Using a fort and some resist charms is much better than using coh and some damage charms

You're fucking up your char for no reason
Gold: 53.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 10:15am
go Healing potions and take laying of hands gloves instead of drakuls. infy on merc will allow you to give more hits also.
Gold: 2,215.50
Oct 16 2017 01:25pm
Titus - thx for the explanation.

I guess I'll go with one dwarf and one raven for my rings. I'll do string of ears for the belt. And the fade prebuff.

Speaking of MDR - does anyone know what level spells uber meph casts? Worrywart said that max damage from meph would be ~1.8k?? Is that # coming from experience, or is there a damage calc somewhere for uber meph?

As always, thx in advance.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2017 01:36pm
something like
500 physical
250 lightning
300 cold
150 poison
Gold: 20.00
Oct 17 2017 09:56pm
CoH is definitely my pick for an Uber Frenzier. Since it has Damage to Demons, you aren't really losing out on that much damage. The 65 res and pretty much every other stat are great for an Uber Frenzier. I've tested them both extensively and CoH is my favorite, but only for Ubers and not general PvM.

Keep the highlords over Metal Grid.

My typical setup is this:

Guillaume's
CoH AP
Laying of Hands
String
Gores
Raven
Mana leech rare
Highlords
Grief PB
Grief PB
Life tap wand on switch (or gavel if you want to really stomp them)
Gold: 807.00
Oct 18 2017 07:05pm
Quote (dbbr @ Oct 16 2017 07:38am)
Thank you all for the suggestions.

I've gotten a wisp (lit sorb) and will use that as my second ring.
I have treachery and will prebuff fade before going in.

Questions about some of the gear suggested:
String of ears - why would this belt be better than, say, an IK belt? IK belt = res and stats. I understand the damage reduction of 15%, but is the reason this belt is used also because of the MDR? I feel as though meph one shotted me with lightning, versus like quickly draining me with fire (which mdr would be great for??) I have a dungo's - would that be better than string (same dr, but lots of vit)?
Goblin toe - is this in there strictly for the crushing blow %? Or is there some other secret to this item that I'm missing?
It was also suggested that I get a dwarf ring - which would be better for ubers - the dwarf or the wisp (fire sorb vs lit sorb...my wisp is 18% lit sorb btw).

Thanks again!

Im guessing for the life and mana leech and damage reduce

This post was edited by chevelle70ss on Oct 18 2017 07:05pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll