d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev18485868788646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 21 2018 04:31pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 22 Jun 2018 00:21)
doesn't this logic support the "trump isn't presidential enough" narrative?

not to derail the EU thread, i agree Macaroni has a weird feel to him.

trump is not presidential enough, thats a fact and not a narrative imo

Quote (thesnipa @ 22 Jun 2018 00:31)
i understand. but Ampoo generally seems pretty resistant to the "trump said it wrong" type criticisms. its a general anti-pc feeling.

so wouldn't saying the opposite about Macron just mean you're admitting you're biased?

i have no problem with bias, this is just close to the surface.

i have always had a problem with how trump is handling things

he has all the arguments and ruins it at all the time

This post was edited by ampoo on Jun 21 2018 04:32pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 21 2018 04:32pm
Quote (ampoo @ Jun 21 2018 04:31pm)
trump is not presidential enough, thats a fact and not a narrative imo

oh ok gotcha, carry on Euros!
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 21 2018 04:49pm
I think almost all "cultists" agree that Trump's communication, his tweets and his personal conduct are a disaster. But unlike the #Resistance, they agree with Trump on almost all major policy points, they agree with the general direction that he's standing for.

I've said it before: Trump's agenda could reach approval ratings north of 60% if it was propagated by a less flawed and erratic messenger.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 21 2018 05:01pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 21 2018 05:49pm)
I think almost all "cultists" agree that Trump's communication, his tweets and his personal conduct are a disaster. But unlike the #Resistance, they agree with Trump on almost all major policy points, they agree with the general direction that he's standing for.

I've said it before: Trump's agenda could reach approval ratings north of 60% if it was propagated by a less flawed and erratic messenger.

I think almost all of the somewhat intelligent cultists believe that, and I'm happy to see you admit it. There's a certain segment of the Trump cult that really do wholeheartedly agree with whatever he says or does though. Just watch the CNN interviews.

I understand the cultists in the media(Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) overlooking that disastrous conduct to some extent. But they should realize that if they didn't overlook it, maybe the guy would suffer consequences and change his behavior.

I agree with your last sentence a lot. I don't think Trump is a guy who can control himself. If he had message discipline, and didn't create problems for himself(like the recent policy of taking kids from migrant parents), his approval rating could be much higher. I think most people like it when politicians don't sound like politicians, but Trump takes it way too far.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 21 2018 05:14pm
Quote (IceMage @ 22 Jun 2018 01:01)
I think almost all of the somewhat intelligent cultists believe that, and I'm happy to see you admit it. There's a certain segment of the Trump cult that really do wholeheartedly agree with whatever he says or does though. Just watch the CNN interviews.

I understand the cultists in the media(Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson) overlooking that disastrous conduct to some extent. But they should realize that if they didn't overlook it, maybe the guy would suffer consequences and change his behavior.

I agree with your last sentence a lot. I don't think Trump is a guy who can control himself. If he had message discipline, and didn't create problems for himself(like the recent policy of taking kids from migrant parents), his approval rating could be much higher. I think most people like it when politicians don't sound like politicians, but Trump takes it way too far.

this might sound like pseudo-philosophical nonsense, but in my opinion, "Trump is a prisoner of himself": he has achieved a lot and he achieved it mainly because he is who he is - but he also runs his head into the wall time and time again and has a pretty low ceiling as a politician because he is who he is.

If the first 18 months of his presidency have many anything clear, if they allow any conclusion to be drawn already with absolute certainty, it's that "Trump's gonna 'trump'".

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 21 2018 05:14pm
Gold: 90.58
Jun 21 2018 05:55pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 21 2018 03:01pm)

You mean his recent "executive order to keep families together"?
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 22 2018 01:59am

British police arrest man claiming to have a bomb at London rail station

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-security/british-police-arrest-man-claiming-to-have-a-bomb-at-london-rail-station-idUSKBN1JI0KF

“A man claiming to have a bomb at #CharingCross station has now been arrested,” British Transport Police said. “We are now working to reopen the station as soon as possible.”

Footage on social media showed a large police presence including armed officers at the station which handles services to the capital from southeast England.

Britain is on currently on its second highest threat level of “severe”, meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

If the UK needs any advice on how to handle arming their police, the US will be glad to help. :)

Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 22 2018 03:36am
Quote (Ghot @ 22 Jun 2018 08:59)
If the UK needs any advice on how to handle arming their police, the US will be glad to help. :)

nobody need u.s local bloodbath disease spreading in euro area, keep your illness for you and your close people

:thumbsup:
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 22 2018 03:53am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 22 Jun 2018 11:36)
nobody need u.s local bloodbath disease spreading in euro area, keep your illness for you and your close people

:thumbsup:

a french guy talks about bloodbaths.....well you must be the expert :santa:
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 22 2018 04:17am
Quote (ampoo @ 22 Jun 2018 10:53)
a french guy talks about bloodbaths.....well you must be the expert :santa:

how about going back on german sub section doing gas chamber jokes on merkel minister, Adolf ?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18485868788646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll