d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev1436437438439440646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Oct 23 2019 09:31am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Oct 23 2019 04:14pm)
South and North Korea.

South and North Korea combined didn't do as much damage to world since their existence, as much as US does on monthly basis.

Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 23 2019 04:10pm)
Israel.

Are you ok buddy? Did someone skip some school classes
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 23 2019 09:37am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Oct 23 2019 10:31am)
South and North Korea combined didn't do as much damage to world since their existence, as much as US does on monthly basis.

Are you ok buddy? Did someone skip some school classes

has Israel not been at war since it's creation in the 1950s? major wars, not always, but they've been in a constant state of conflict for as long as they've controlled the region.

in any case the USA hasn't been at war for 90% of the years we've existed. we might have the highest % of any nation outside of Israel tho. it would depend on what you mean by war and what you mean by creation of a nation i suppose.
Oct 23 2019 09:40am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 23 2019 04:37pm)
has Israel not been at war since it's creation in the 1950s? major wars, not always, but they've been in a constant state of conflict for as long as they've controlled the region.

in any case the USA hasn't been at war for 90% of the years we've existed. we might have the highest % of any nation outside of Israel tho. it would depend on what you mean by war and what you mean by creation of a nation i suppose.

When I say "war" I mean people of other nations dying to your troops on their own lands.
I mean civilians being killed on daily basis for over hundred years now all around the world, by US army.
And yes, US is in it 90% of its time
Oct 23 2019 09:48am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Oct 23 2019 10:40am)
When I say "war" I mean people of other nations dying to your troops on their own lands.
I mean civilians being killed on daily basis for over hundred years now all around the world, by US army.
And yes, US is in it 90% of its time

ahh so in "war" you're including skirmishes, but are adding a qualifier that it has to be in someone else's country?

so the civil war wasn't a war? or when we fought in Iraq they weren't fighting a war because it was on their soil? only us?

i'm getting the impression that you think i'm arguing the USA isn't a war mongering country, which isn't the case. i recognize our faults, just trying to understand what you're saying with that statistic you posted.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 23 2019 09:48am
Oct 23 2019 09:49am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 23 2019 04:48pm)
ahh so in "war" you're including skirmishes, but are adding a qualifier that it has to be in someone else's country?

so the civil war wasn't a war? or when we fought in Iraq they weren't fighting a war because it was on their soil? only us?

i'm getting the impression that you think i'm arguing the USA isn't a war mongering country, which isn't the case. i recognize our faults, just trying to understand what you're saying with that statistic you posted.

America Has Been at War 93% of the Time

Jan 20, 2019 - The U.S. has never gone a decade without war. * The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period.....

please stop
if your school didn't educate you well, and i see it didn't, since singing a national anthem was priority over actually not being a dumbfuck, you're 1 google search away from not making a clown outta urself.

there's timetable of all the wars US had inside and outside it's borders and since it's existance, it's been 93% of the time.
if country was gone from face of earth, our home planet would actually be a semi-decent place to live on

This post was edited by SylvesterStallone on Oct 23 2019 09:51am
Oct 23 2019 10:25am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Oct 23 2019 10:49am)
please stop
if your school didn't educate you well, and i see it didn't, since singing a national anthem was priority over actually not being a dumbfuck, you're 1 google search away from not making a clown outta urself.

there's timetable of all the wars US had inside and outside it's borders and since it's existance, it's been 93% of the time.
if country was gone from face of earth, our home planet would actually be a semi-decent place to live on

you seem far too hostile from me just asking how you got a statistic. bit confusing. i'm not arguing the USA is a peaceful nation, nor that we haven't been in conflicts for most of our existence.

war in one context means large battles approved by congress. in another context it includes skirmishes outside of the congressional approval requirement.

so the 93% figure includes military engagements outside of the congressional purview. that's fine, i'm not contesting the statistic, was just curious how it was created.

is there a reason you're being so defensive in the face of rather innocuous questions?

here for reference are the US declarations of war, where u can see much larger gaps than including non-wars from the congressional perspective:

https://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/history/h_multi_sections_and_teasers/WarDeclarationsbyCongress.htm
Oct 23 2019 10:35am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 23 2019 05:25pm)
you seem far too hostile from me just asking how you got a statistic. bit confusing. i'm not arguing the USA is a peaceful nation, nor that we haven't been in conflicts for most of our existence.

war in one context means large battles approved by congress. in another context it includes skirmishes outside of the congressional approval requirement.

so the 93% figure includes military engagements outside of the congressional purview. that's fine, i'm not contesting the statistic, was just curious how it was created.

is there a reason you're being so defensive in the face of rather innocuous questions?

here for reference are the US declarations of war, where u can see much larger gaps than including non-wars from the congressional perspective:

https://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/history/h_multi_sections_and_teasers/WarDeclarationsbyCongress.htm

Do you support your troops in countries such as Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq? Would you tell soldiers "Thank you for your service" if you saw them on streets?
Oct 23 2019 10:50am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Oct 23 2019 11:35am)
Do you support your troops in countries such as Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq?

No, i'm staunchly anti-interventionist.

Would you tell soldiers "Thank you for your service" if you saw them on streets?

yes, it's not their fault they got tricked by a govt propaganda machine from schools and media that convinced them they should fight in a war. also many are non-combat personnel, but their service can be pivotal in helping people such as the army core of engineers or medics. and some only went into the service so they could afford college.

there's no hard line between the govt which fucks shit up and the soldiers who are carrying them through, as long as the soldiers arent committing war crimes. I thank WW2 veterans for being in a war that i feel was necessary, not perfectly executed but necessary. i thank vietnam veterans because of the bullshit they had to go through based on govt lies. i thank Iraq1 veterans for the fairly well done job there. i thank modern veterans for putting up with pointless wars. sometimes thanking them for their service can be an apology for what they had to do pointlessly.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 23 2019 10:51am
Oct 23 2019 10:56am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 23 2019 05:50pm)
No, i'm staunchly anti-interventionist.

yes, it's not their fault they got tricked by a govt propaganda machine from schools and media that convinced them they should fight in a war. also many are non-combat personnel, but their service can be pivotal in helping people such as the army core of engineers or medics. and some only went into the service so they could afford college.

there's no hard line between the govt which fucks shit up and the soldiers who are carrying them through, as long as the soldiers arent committing war crimes. I thank WW2 veterans for being in a war that i feel was necessary, not perfectly executed but necessary. i thank vietnam veterans because of the bullshit they had to go through based on govt lies. i thank Iraq1 veterans for the fairly well done job there. i thank modern veterans for putting up with pointless wars. sometimes thanking them for their service can be an apology for what they had to do pointlessly.

I myself talk to WW2 veteran quite a lot. He lives in my town and whenever I see him we have a chat. He's Brit.
He actually fought for freedom. He actually fought against bad guys. He actually went there for a reason.
And US soldiers cannot say the same for Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc. All of these were terrorist acts done by US gouverment against these nations.
I could never in a world thank any of these soldiers since only thing they did was volounteerly sign up to fuck shit up around the world, due to their stupidity and lack of common sense to see difference between right and wrong.

I can't stand dumb people, therefore I can't stand american soldiers going abroad to actions
Oct 23 2019 11:18am
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Oct 23 2019 11:56am)
I myself talk to WW2 veteran quite a lot. He lives in my town and whenever I see him we have a chat. He's Brit.
He actually fought for freedom. He actually fought against bad guys. He actually went there for a reason.
And US soldiers cannot say the same for Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc. All of these were terrorist acts done by US gouverment against these nations.
I could never in a world thank any of these soldiers since only thing they did was volounteerly sign up to fuck shit up around the world, due to their stupidity and lack of common sense to see difference between right and wrong.

I can't stand dumb people, therefore I can't stand american soldiers going abroad to actions

yes but if you see a soldier in uniform you have no idea if they're combat or non-combat. if they were deployed to the middle east, or if they were deployed somewhere else. and many signed up when they were 18, way too young to be fully blamed for it imo.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1436437438439440646Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll